main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lincoln FanForce Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    (Mods, please don't lock this)

Okay, here is the official planning thread for our FanForce.

I can provide the Trivial Pursuit games for meetings (that is, if we can get this off the ground), and I also have Star Wars Monopoly.

Who has an idea for where to meet? Maybe Gateway Mall or something? We'd probably have to $ to use one of those rooms at Gere Library.

Lets really get this off the ground. I'd like to meet other star wars fans that live where I live.

Okay, open for ideas!

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd never lock a planning thread unless things went seriously wrong. Please let me know when everything is firmed up so I can post an announcement on the FF main board.

Thanks! :)

3. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Yes! Let's meet!!! :D Gateway is an excellent idea, especially for a first meeting. And it's so close to Eastpark, so if we wanted to slip over and see LotR it's right there ;) Another idea is the Fellowship of the Ring discussion at Anderson Library on January 29th at 7:00. (thought I'd mention that in the official thread, for more info you can go to the LotR Discussion thread).

What times work best for people? Saturdays don't work for me because I have speech meets every Saturday until March.

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Thursdays don't work for me (at least at night) because I have a special group I go to.

A Sunday might work for me, but since I don't drive, I have to rely on my parents to drive me places.

anyone else? Or are Arwen and I the only ones that are interested???

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    So far it looks like just us...

Come on ppl! Where are you?

6. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Hi.. sorry.. never really been here before, my friend Bria made me! Anyways, I've got probalby 5 girls that would join.. plus maybe some other friends. Friday and Wednesday night don't work, other then that, I could make it most days.. well, besides Monday too, forgot about that.

~Crisi~

7. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Great! Welcome, Crisi :D

It looks like a Sunday afternoon might be our best bet...

8. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Hello, I am new on these boards, so let me introduce myself! I am SamsGirl (yeah, I *love* Sam from LOTR) and Arwen_Evenstar is my sis! I'd love to get together with all of you, sounds exciting :D

9. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Hmm.. that'd probalby work. My friend Becky agrees. We'd be there! and maybe Kimmy too. The question now is, where? Gateway? Valentinos? Public Library? UNL Student Union? Lots of choices.

~Crisi~

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    SamsGirl and I will be at the FotR discussion Tuesday night at Anderson library. Anybody interested in meeting there?

Other than that - Gateway sounds good :)

11. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Well, since its past Tuesday, probably not :) How'd you like our snow? The roads where icky when I went to work at 6:30 this morning. Any of you guys in Anime club at UNL?

~Crisi~

12. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... you guys can always come to Omaha!!! :D :D :D

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I can't come to Omaha....I don't drive and I don't have a car, anyway. We want our own FanForce, here in the capital city. Omaha already has better movie theatres, more bookstores, etc. They don't need to have the only FanForce in Nebraska.

:(

Maybe one of us could call Gere Library and find out about the meeting rooms. Find out if it costs anything to reserve a room there. Of course, then we can't be loud.

We could always do it at someone's house, but for now, we probably shouldn't.

I'd be glad to donate my site (jediliz.net) for use of the fanforce's website. Maybe I could just turn it into the Fan Force's site.

I need a place that I could easily get to, as I have to rely on my parents for a ride.

Okay, does anyone else have more ideas for a meeting place? Looks like Sunday might be our meeting day. Then our first meeting could be about tickets for Episode 2 (and I think we should go to the SouthPointe theatre - IMHO, its the best one in Lincoln.)

14. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I'll call Gere if you want, Liz, but you're right about the noise. I really like the idea of Gateway for our first meeting, and Sunday seems to work for everyone. How does Feb. 24th @ Gateway sound?

Thanks vracer, I might take you up on that sometime :) Even with our own ff it would be a good idea to keep in touch with our closest neighbors :D

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    <-------- Realizes that February 24th is past.

Okay, we need to really get our Fan Force off the ground.

I would be able to go depending on a friend of mine that I get together with sometimes. Whatever day we plan, I'll just have to tell her ahead of time that I wouldn't be able to get together.

Okay, how about during Spring Break time.....I'm not in school anymore....but I know most of you are.....when is the school break for Public Schools?
    Or when is spring break for UNL?

Maybe we could get together sometime like then....otherwise probably after April 1st would be better....and definitely before May 16th.

We definitely have to plan to all attend the "Attack of the Clones" movie together.

If its at Southpointe, then I'd vote for that one.

If only the Stuart Theatre (downtown) was still running.....I'd go there in an instant! :(

More ideas anyone?

16. Jedimasterwagner

Jedimasterwagner Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Hi folks,
    My name's Matt. I'm a student at Union College here in Lincoln, and new to these boards, and was just wondering what this fanforce group is all about. Is there more than posts on a forum board?

You folks have a great community here, despite it being small.

You guys are plannning on doin stuff, meetings I suppose? and get-togethers and such. . . I think it'd be cool to have movie watchings and star-wars-ish parties and whatnot. And I'd like to get involved.

Mayhaps we could plan something in the near future - - - a get-together for fun? something star-wars?

17. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Welcome Matt :)

Yes, we are trying to organize a meet. We don't really have that many ideas yet...

Liz, I don't have school this Thursday or Friday, I think that's my spring break. Speech season is over after next Monday, so I'm free on Saturdays again, if that helps us plan :)

So... I think Gateway is still the best idea we've had so far, that or Gere (I haven't contacted them yet about a meeting room - I'm too lazy. I'll get back on that if anybody likes that idea).

18. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Sorry.. havne't been paying attention to the board lately.. :) Lets see.. yeah gateway would work.. give me a date and i'll try to come, and bring some others with me. Seeing EP 2 is a must, the more people, the less time anyone person has to sleep outside the theater for tickets :) .. and I doubt it'll be showing at the Stuart, since its now closed. .. Just out of curiosity, any UNL students on here, are you part of Anime Club?

~Crisi~

19. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    OK, so we're officially meeting at Gateway. What dates/times work for people? Would a Saturday afternoon be good?

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I think Sunday would work better for me, and until we really know each other, Gateway should be our meeting place for awhile. My mom wants me to be careful about who I am meeting. And, I agree with her.

My brother would have to bring me because I don't drive. I better clear him taking me with him. :)

And, if someone wants to start creating a website, you can use my website temporarily. I'll just change a few things here and there.

Then we can eventually get a domain of our own once we do a few things.

Maybe we can even look into creating T-Shirts and stuff.
    Wouldn't that be cool?

I need a Star Wars sweatshirt - :(

21. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Liz, I totally agree about being careful. My parents are really protective too.

T-shirts would be awesome :) We really need to meet so we can begin organizing stuff for Ep II - like a line party! And a website is an excellent idea as well... I don't have much experience, but I'll volunteer anyway unless somebody else would like too.

OK: Saturday at Gateway. Is the 16th too soon?

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Whoa! I had no idea that people in Lincoln were trying to have meetings! :D Of course I would participate :)

23. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Yay! We keep getting more people :D

I guess this is a case of "If you plan it, they will come" ;)

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    sunday might work better for me - my brother is willing to take me to Gateway, as long as he doesn't have anything else planned.....

well, I'm not sure about the 16th....I was planning to do something either that day or the 23rd in relation to church.....

What time would work well with everyone? like 2:00 or something?

And, how would we know each other? I could wear a specific sweatshirt, and tell someone, like Arwen, in a PM. Then at least she would know me......

That's why I hope we get t-shirts - plus we might get on television - I remember when people were getting in line for TPM (either for advance tickets or the actual movie) and they interviewed some people. If we were in line and there were actual "girls" in line, maybe that sterotype of "Star Wars is a guys movie" would disappear. (They only interviewed guys in line - no girls.)

This will be so much fun if we actually get it going. And, until we are really comfortable with each other, Gateway should be where we meet (for safety purposes).

How about meeting at the food court by a specific vendor, like Runza or Amigos. Or some of those tables further away, not directly in front of the food vendor places?

Someone should bring a notebook and a pen, so we can plan to do stuff like call around for the price on custom t-shirts, etc.

Maybe we could even do something like discuss the star wars books (if you are reading them).

We definitely have to plan to do something to get as many action figures as possible. I am going to plan to get up really early and be at Target or some other store to buy some figures. Three years ago, I spent $$$$$ on figures. Most are still in their packaging, except for a queen amidala senate figure.

Maybe we could have a trivia contest and the winner would get an action figure or something.

And there are board games coming out, too - like the Star Wars edition of the game "Life".

We have a lot to plan - what would work better - Saturday or Sunday? Preferably Sunday for me.

25. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Either day would work for me... :)

It would be really neato if we could do things like you mentioned Liz! Yay! This sounds so fun!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.