main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Line Party Thread - For Episode III

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    and alligators to get rid of coyotes?

2. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    Do we also need the alligator guy to get rid of the alligators??? One month till the line party right?

3. Aidion_Templari

Aidion_Templari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    who, steve irwin?

4. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    here's a question, how much tickets gonna cost that night guys?

5. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Probably the standard amount. Last time they had 4 prints and were going to open 4 theaters if needed. I don't think that there will be any price gauging.

6. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    alrighty then, and for like food and such for the long camp out, we gonna have like pizza delivered or pack some sandwich stuffs or what? (leave it to me to bring up food, i know)

7. Cowgirlup0916

Cowgirlup0916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I vote Pizza, chips and nacho cheese dip, and McNasty's.

8. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Anybody own a hibachi grill? If so, we could always hit the Fred?s Foods down the street for a super sized pack of weenies and a bulk package of buns. That?s right Joe, it?s my intention is to stick the weenies between the buns. Oh my!

Other than that, I guess it would be everyone fend for themselves.

Edit: Luckily Mordtat has forsaken his thug-tastic ways or else he would beat us all up and take our lunch money. :)

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    ROTFLMAO!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

10. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, I was thinking about all that we will have going on for the line party last night, and it was so convuluted with thoughts of CIII I couldnt think straight. But once we are back from CIII, we are going to kick in the line party stuff very furious and strong, and get everything lined up. Just a heads up, I am going to be needing some serious input from folks on stuff, and I am going to need any good ideas we come up with completed.

Mordtat, we NEED those Pazaak cards. Food is something we will talk about more, after we get back, not a big issue there, because we will figure something out. Someone mentioned actually cooking out AT the theater, but I would have to run that by Heath first. I am going to need to get alot of ideas in the final planning bin very quickly after we get back, too, so I can present them all to Heath, and get the OK on them. So folks, please, please, PLEASE put on your thinking caps. If you come up with any good ideas, go ahead and get something put together. We are going to have to hit the ground running after CIII.

11. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    As time allows today, I'll be going through this thread and making a condensed list of ideas that have been suggested thus far. That should make it easier to see what we've got on the table right now, and get us back on track for discussion.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Good deal. Thanks, Entropy.

13. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    The lists are drawn from what was put here and what I remember hearing at the meetings. If I've missed anything, please add to the list. If there is a name behind the activity, then those people have expressed an interest in helping organize or run that event.

Activities:
    Pazaak - Mordtat and Riff
    Star Wars Trivia - Lodreh
    Lightsaber demonstration/duel - FT
    SW Minis game
    SW Monopoly
    SW RPG - Entropy, Hawthor
    HeroClix
    Chess - Entropy
    CCGs
    Other SW board games
    Star Wars bake sale/create a SW dish
    PowerPoint presentation/Slide show - Entropy, Joe-da
    Costume contest
    Raffle to benefit Kisses for Katie
    Live music
    Plot to take over the world

Questions:
    - Do we need/want to award prizes or trophies, and if so what?
    - Are we doing the late night breakfast get together afterwards, if so where? Denny's was suggested.
    - What are we going to do after the third and final movie? If we want to continue to grow we might want to think about how we are going to sell ourselves to prospective new members.
    - Is there a plan for food? Order delivery, bring sandwiches, cook out?
    - Are we going to actively seek press coverage (other then Joe)? If so, who's going to handle that? Typically, this is Riff or Fett's area, but if anyone else has contacts now would be the time to speak up.

Announcements:
    Wear your club tee-shirts (even if it is under your costume)

Suggestions:
    I think it would be in bad form to do anything that competes with any service that the theater provides, or involves noncharitable fund raising. Therefore, I don't think a bake sale would be a good idea. Besides, to be honest, most of us don't cook.

I think that StageFrightz Productions should have some kind of presence as well. Maybe Joe will be able to line up some help on the fan film or indy film front.

If we do decide to try to cook out, we should confine it to hours when the theater is closed.

Edited to appease Joe-da. :)

14. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    "StageFritz"? Somehow makes me think of Hans & Franz from SNL.

Me'll think about StageFrightz stuff.

Also, I should have some Star Wars themed prizes (yes, non-sniffed, in package), if that's the way y'all want to go.

15. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    It is not that I care if you sniff the stuff, just don't sniff certain areas.

16. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Then there's no need to sniff... well, maybe a little.

17. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    oh can help with the plot to take over the world?
    if not Ill just help with the raffle.

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, I know the raffle part would be fine. :D

19. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Okay, Eris is on raffle duty. Last I heard, Riff was going to be supplying prizes. So really all we need are tickets and an impartial person to do the drawing.

Of course, if you know of anyone else who would be willing to donate goods or services to the cause they would be welcomed.

Also, if anyone wants to make the rounds at their work, school, social circle trying to sell these things I'm sure there wouldn't be any objection.

20. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I just bought several raffle tickets from some of our nursing students. Time for them to return the favor, although this isnt what I originally had in mind. :D

21. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    /snicker... I'm with Eddie-wan on this one. Services for raffle tickets is not the same as service for money... it's for charity after all!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

22. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, what prizes will there be?

23. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Yup. I'm always getting hit up to buy something for some fund raiser. I rarely participate any more. At one point it seemed like someone came by every other week. Since then, I've just started declining out of habit.

24. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I will know more on the prizes after CIII. Also, anyone know how you can get a roll or rolls of the little ticket stubs they use for alot of the raffles?? I need to get several rolls, I imagine.

25. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I think I saw some at one of the dollar stores here in town... not sure which one though...

Edit: typo corrected

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.