main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Lone Female Jedi- the Totally Unofficial Kerra Holt and Knight Errant Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by dewback_rancher, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    What can I say? This is the closest the EU's gotten to being this "Star Wars"-y, for lack of a better term, since sometime back in the Bantam era (with a few notable exceptions- see Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor for the most prominent). It's very rare nowadays to see an EU work "get" the feeling of Star Wars so thoroughly that I feel just like I did when I first discovered the EU existed as a kid in the 90's via the copies of the Thrawn Trilogy my dad got from one of those sci fi book clubs. That feeling of wonder and amazement that the story of the films was actually continuing, and the ecstatic glee that they actually managed to capture the feeling of the films on page.

Knight Errant so far has no problems giving me that kind of feeling again, so forgive me if I'm a tad overenthusiastic. [face_laugh]

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I guess that's true, to a certain extent. My interest in Star Wars in general has largely been peripheral (for a fan fiction group, mainly) for much of the last 8+ years, but I do like to generally know what's going on, and I agree that Knight Errant has captured some of that amazement from the films, for sure. I'm not ready to say that it entirely has after 4 issues, so I guess I'd say that I'm "cautiously enthusiastic" for it. :p

3. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Talked to my brother about getting the Knight Errant novel, and he said he's going to figure out how he'll get it and get it to me (since he lives two hours away and all). Well, fingers crossed that it won't involve waiting until I see him around Easter! [face_worried]

4. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope that you don't have to wait that long...could he send it through the mail?

5. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I'll have to try to get a hold of him either today or, failing that, next weekend- I can only get a hold of him on the weekends since he works as a tech support guy (you know, ring ring, 'Hello, my computer just blew up, what did I do wrong?'), so long hours on weekdays. I'm usually asleep by the time he gets off work.

6. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Good luck getting everything sorted out; I'm sure that a long wait will drive you crazy. :p

7. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks. ;)

Still, y'know, reminding me how crazy long waits drive me doesn't help, either. :p

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    [face_laugh] No surprise there. :p

9. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    So who are we voting for in the election? Does our thread have a representative?

Also, one more day![face_dancing]

JJM posted this over in the novel thread, thought I might repost it here:

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I think that I read that only threads with 250+ posts can have senators, but I can't remember where. Maybe 'sey or Adalia could clarify for us, though.

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Dewback, the novel is totally worth any wait that you might have to endure. :cool:

12. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm ALREADY almost to the 'pulling my hair out' phase, and the thing hasn't even been out for a full DAY yet.

...seriously, I haven't been this psyched for an upcoming book- Star Wars or otherwise- in AGES.

I just hope I don't have to wait too much longer. [face_praying]

13. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Seconded. It is fantastic. I'm almost finished.

14. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Why is it the biggest KE fan here is always the last one to read the new stuff that comes out?

...that WOULD be my luck, wouldn't it? *sigh*

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Any word on when you'd be able to get it?

16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Hey dewback, this might help your wait for the novel.

17. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    God, that preview is EPIC. Gotta love Daiman and Odion- they're like two little kids.

Odion: Bwahahahahah! I've got a new toy and you don't! NYAH NYAH!
    Daiman: See? I've got them too. NYAH NYAH yourself.
    Odion: ... I'M TELLING DARTH MOM! *runs off crying*

I love it! This is a dynamic we've not seen anywhere else, and it's brilliantly played! [face_laugh]

Thanks. I needed that- no idea yet on when I'll be able to get it. Trying to get a hold of my brother to let him know Aflame #5's coming out in a couple of weeks, and also going to ask about the novel, but... again, haven't been able to catch him while he was home, and the blizzard all the way across Michigan doesn't help things (his drive home's gotta be a pain in the hindquarters).

18. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Yeah, blizzards suck. I've been stuck in my house, and my classes have been canceled for the whole week. And we have more snow coming Monday.

The family dynamic is used fantasticly in the novel.

As a fan of ground combat stuff, I love these pages. So many different vehicles...=P~

19. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    The wait is freaking killing me, especially since I keep seeing people posting how awesome the novel is, or some spoiler or another, everywhere I go. :_|

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i am enjoying KE. i like the character from what i have read so far. i am not gaga over it though. it is, however, one of the best novels i have read in a while. i have had no exposure to the character before this, so this is fresh for me.

21. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    WOO!

The wait of interminable longness is finally OVAH! My copy of the KE novel just came in the mail today! [face_dancing]

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Hey, sweet!! I'm looking forward to what you think of it.

23. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    By the Force, is this book ever awesome! Took everyone's advice and I'm taking my time to read this book (for a change- usually I breeze through), and it's letting me digest it as I read it, and is this book ever worth the wait!

I will, of course, be more specific in the Lit thread on the book, but hot damn, it was worth every kriffing second I had to wait. [face_dancing]

Seriously, only 122 pages in, and this is definitely shaking up my top ten SW novels of all time list. BIG-time. [face_dancing]

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    This is the best SW book I've read since before Shadows of Mindor. It had the totally immersive feel of the Hand of Thrawn, Sith Lords, and JJM's trademark humor.

Reminds me of the Mizer Brothers. [face_laugh]

25. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! Definite bonus points for the unexpected reference (I thought I was the only one who loved those old Christmas specials?)! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.