main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Look! Activity in G-ville forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Jason-Fett, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthtengence

Darthtengence Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Its just too bad that you guys couldnt have done your projects together and make one big project. Well you will have to bring your sabers to the next meeting. We also have some friends that like to make pretty accurate costumes as well. I just make the saber hilts most out of PVC and plumbing parts.

Jason

2. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Hello all in G'ville,

Just an FYI, I am working in South Carolina for the next few weeks for Discovery / Animal Planet. The show to look out for is Spring Watch USA on April 21st at 8PM EST. Hopefully if all goes well I will have my next gig lined up.

Best,
    Darren

3. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Darren,
    That is awesome. What kind of animals will be on the show? Mara is really into them now and we are watching that channel more often.

Mary

4. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Hello Everyone. We haven't met in a while so I think that it's about time that we did. the next meeting will be for Spiderman 3. The only time for us right now it 10:45 which I think is a little late. I know there will be more in the future. I think a 9ish would be good. What does everyone think? Dinner at 6:00 and then get in line. The movie is at Royal Park so we will have to have dinner there. This is also for non-Star Wars people to who want to see Spiderman 3. The movie will more than likely be sold out by the time we get there so everyone will have to get tickets ahead of time. Make sure everyone who is going knows this. I will keep ckecking on times daily.

Some other movies in May that we might want to see together are: Shrek the Third - May 18, and Pirates of the Carribean, End of the World May 25.

Now, if we do this I need people to talk to me here so we can make some plans.

5. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    There is still no other times for Spiderman 3. 7:30 or 10:45.

****Newsflash**** ---- THE NEW HARRY POTTER TRAILER WILL BE SHOWN BEFORE THE MOVIE ----[face_dancing]

So, does anyone want to go to the 10:45 one since we need to get in line early anyways to get good seats??

Come on people talk to me. This is the start of the summer movie season. The next movie is two weeks later and that one will either have to be the 7ish showing or Saturday manatinee since our "mascot" [face_laugh] will be joining us for that one.

Speak now or I shall make the decision....[face_hypnotized]

Mary

6. Crazygerman

Crazygerman Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    We'll go. What time and day do you want to go? We'd prefer earlier, we might have a better chance.

7. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Well, since only one person replied we will go with that. How about the 7:30 showing? We will need to show up by 5:30 to get in line to get good seats and all of us together. And then maybe dinner afterwards? Or whatever. So, what does anyone think????? Come on, people here post. If this is final we all need to buy tickets before that showing is sold out.

Mary

8. Darthtengence

Feb 6, 2005
    Since no one has responded I will say yes to the movie idea. Anyways I was thinking we should do something for star wars weekends fpr those who couldnt go to CIV i think it would be fun to try to do something that is kinda in our own backlyard. I would like to hear some ideas. I know i am going all 4 weekends if i can, but prob only one in costume since it will be hot i am sure and most of the costume is black. Anyone else with some ideas?

Jason

9. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Morning everyone. I just checked and there still is only the 7:30 and 10:45 showings. Do we want to keep waiting for another showing or go ahead and buy tickets for the 7:30 which means we need to line up at 5:30?

Also, I think we should plan on going to Star Wars weekend for June 9th. That is the only weekend I can actually go. Well, I might be able to make the June 2 weekend too but I have to drag a little one with me and I'm not sure how that would be. I could go June 17 but that's Father's Day and some people might not be able to make it and then the following weekend i'm out of town on vacation. So what does everyone else think????

Come on everyone, speak up now.

10. Darthtengence

Feb 6, 2005
    I am a go for 7:30 time. You know what i am doing for the 9th.

Jason

11. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Ok, Movie time for tomorrow night is 9:45. Go get your tickets now before they are sold out. I can almost guaratenee that they will be sold out tomorrow night. I am thinking that we need to be there about 1 1/2 to 2 hours early to get good seats. Any one with me?

In two weeks, I'm taking my daughter to see Shrek 3. Does anyone want to go with us? I haven't decided if it's going to be Friday night or Saturday kind of thing. Does anyone want to come with us? If so, what do you prefer? This movie comes out Friday, May 18.

See everyone tomorrow night.
    Mary

12. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Does anyone want to see Shrek the Third with Mara and I? I haven't decided if we are going to see it Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Let me know if anyone wants to join us and we can decide then.

Mary

13. kedg195

kedg195 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    Hello,

I live in Keystone Heights. I was browsing the fanforce section of the force.net when i saw a gainesville chapter. I am curious as to how to join both the forum and the group. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i can be reached at kedg195@yahoo.com... thank you and may the force be with you!

14. Jaded-Mara

Jaded-Mara Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2007
    Another newbie here too!!!

15. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    so what's been going on? I'm taking all online classes this summer so maybe I'll have some free time and actually come to a metting!

16. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Hello everyone. Special hi to our newbies. We are going to be meeting the next two weeks for movies. This weekend we are goint to see Shrek the third and then the following weekend for Pirates of the Carribean 3. Times and all the other goodies will be posted soon. I hope everyone will be able to make it.

Also, with MGM weekends next month, we can have a group outing the weekend of June 9-10 if you want. Some of us will already be down there and we can meet up. If any one wants to meet up post here.

Mary

17. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    We are going to Shrek the Third this Saturday at 6:30. It is playing at the Royal Park theather. I am sure it will be sold out so you will probarly need to get your tickets early. I hope to see some of you there.

Mary

18. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Friday night, May 25th, we will be meeting for Pirates. The movie will start at 8:05. I will be getting there at 7:05. If you want to meet up, please get there at that time. I don't like to hold seats but I will for a few people. This is going to be a great movie and the last Pirate movie.

The next event for us is the Star Wars weekend. We will be going June 9-10 if any one wants to meet at MGM. Just mention it here and we can discuss where to meet.

See everyone soon,
    Mary

19. General_Diyas

General_Diyas Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hey All,

Sorry that i havent been to any of the meetings. i have been planning my school transfer, i got accepted at Valencia Community College in Orlando! and i will be moving down there in August. Also my birthday will be Friday, turning 26! its going to be a blast! its pirate themed and after the party i am having some friends of mine to go with me to the movie at 7:10pm. its too bad that you all wont be there until 7:09, i wish you could see what i will be wearing, a captain outfit complete with sword and pistol! When will the next meeting be, i am working in the morning now and i am already done with santa fe, so my afternoons are free, if anyone wants to do anything. When i move i will still send you all emails of what is happening down there and show up at random meetings. I heard that you all going to weekends at MgM. i wont be able to go on the 9th, but i am still going on the 15-17th to see Jeremy Bulloch and Peter Mayhew. its going to be sweet! give me a heads up what we will be doing so far, ok. gotta go, feeding my pets then working on my lightsaber skills with anakin and yoda FX. Yo Ho Yo HO a Pirates life for Me! Remember "take what you can and give nothing back!" May the Force Be With You my Bretheren!

20. Darthtengence

Feb 6, 2005
    I would like to propose a meeting to see who is all still with us. Just like i did before to try and get an idea of who would like to still be concidered for this group. I know Brandon has moved to Texas for a better life, and i dont blame him as i am thinking of doing the same thing though i dont think it will be out of state for now. Anyways back to the matter at hand, i would like to get everyone together to see who is still here with us. I know most of you have to work and have classes during the day, so i was thinking of a day on the weekends when everyone can make it. I really need everyone to respond to this message that wants to still be considered part of the group.

Jason

21. General_Diyas

General_Diyas Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Where and When? I am up for anything.

22. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    my nights tend to be full because i work late, but usually I'm free on Sunday nights...

23. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    anyone want to go see transformers this friday August 17th???

24. Darthtengence

Feb 6, 2005
    I wouldn't mind seeing it again though i know that it is past the 17th which i was celebrating my b day on.

So we need to get another group meeting schedule going things kinda got a little off schedule this summer with everything that was going on. I still want this group to continue on though i know that we have lost alot of members and i know that we will be getting more. I hope to see all of you soon.

25. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    It's Darren just checking in to say "hi!!!" [face_tired]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.