main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! action figure finds post here

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by jedimike421, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    This is a post that I started for collectors in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area to help them report on what they found, store name and location, when they found it and what they have left, if anything.

I am sure that both the Cincy/N.Ky and Dayton FF's can work together to help each other out in this action figure drought we are experiencing.

EDIT by Krash: it's mine I tell ya...mine, mine, mine, go, go, go, down, down, down!

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Do you know that Roberta did find the new Boba Fett!!??

3. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Hey, I just felt it may be worth mention on this string to say that the Origins 2003 con will be offering the Silver Boba Fett figure. I think they're the first con to have them up for grabs. Is anyone going to Origins this year?

4. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Today I went to the Ohio Rennaissance festival and found some awesome Lord of the Rings stuff. I bought a Movie Authentic replica of Frodo's Dagger, This thing is a real dagger even enscribed with Elfish writing. They had all of the swords from Lord of the Rings but I could only afford the Frodo Dagger. All of the other swords were around $300. They even had a booth set up selling Elf ears, I tried on a pair and Gwen thought I looked good with them but $15 was just a little too much money for a pair of ears. :)

5. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Found some of the new Clone Wars series figures at KB in the Dayton Mall South. Picked up the ARC trooper & Yoda. I really want the Ventress & Durge figures.

6. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Found some of the new Clone Wars series figures at KB in the Dayton Mall South. Picked up the ARC trooper & Yoda. I really want the Ventress & Durge figures.Oh, also found the POTF Wuher figure with Commtech chip at Mavericks, I figured I'd NEVER be able to find him!

7. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Great finds Aaron! That is awesome. :)

8. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Hey anyone like to swap or buy of sell action figures? There are some Im looking for, like Durge, Asajj Ventress, the 3 pack Clone Trooper Army (Yellow Commander)<---I have the Blue and Green hehehe, and just a few others. Just to let everyone know I have some very rare figures like the Count Dooku (the little projection of Sidious looking down) let me know please.

9. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I think the only way to get a hold of Asajj & Durge is online, there is no way your gonna find em in a store. I believe those are "chaser" figures, one in a shipment type thing. I don't know why Hasbro does this, the demand is there but they dangle it in front of the collectors face like a carrot in front of a hungry mule. I am getting fed up with the hunt for these things, although I did find the 3 pack figures for the Council and the Geonisis war room at Target.

10. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    I found the Clone Wars Clonetrooper w/Speeder Bike at a Meijer in Northern Kentucky and I believe that it's in the same assortment that the Durge with Speeder Bike is in.

I have also seen reports of people finding current figures in K-Marts as well and remember that Wal-Mart supposedly will not be carrying any Clone Wars toys, just basic figures.

11. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    I hit the jackpot yesterday at Target & ToysRUs. Found the complete Jedi Council and Geonosis War room figures, Wat Tombar,WA-7, Padme wedding, Yoda w/Chian, Coleman Trebor, Hailfire Droid, and Sidious Unleashed. Went back again today to pick up the 2 younglings that I missed and just about everything was gone, Im talking tumbleweeds in the aisle!

12. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Nice! I already have all of these, but great find!! :) I finally got my Durge with speeder bike 2 days ago... Not too crazy about Durge's figure :(

13. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Ok I was in Cedar Rapids Iowa yesterday and stopped at this Super Target and here is what I got ARC Trooper (panted Red) ARC Trooper (painted Grey),Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead), Ayy Vida (Outlander Nightclub Patron, Bail Organa, McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper (fans choice), Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus those arnt easy to find after i got these there was only 2 figures left and they were Jango's they make way to many Jango's!!!!!

14. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    WOW! Very nice find! Impressive! I got the red ARC trooper the other day in Indy, I've had the grey/blue one for awhile. All the rest of those I haven't seen yet (of course i haven't seen them, if I'd seen them I'd own them! LOL!)

15. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I just got home from vacation (I live in Miamisburg)you were in Indi you say? I was there for a day and a half visiting my mother and while I was there I combed out the Toy R Us off of I465 and here is what else I got Lt. Dannl Faytonni, WA-7, Durge with speeder, Barriss Offee<---glad to have found that one, Wat Tambor,and Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony. Not to boast or anything but I think alot of you guys would be inpressed with my collection vintage, and New. I welcome you to see it anytime hehehehe
    happy collecting [face_clown]

16. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Lt. Dannl Faytonni is the only one I'm missing out of those....I saw one once...in the hands of another collector at target :_| Curse my metal body I wasn't fast enough!

17. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Ok I was at the Target by the Dayton Mall and I found Barriss Offee<--she is hard to find I think they call a chaser figure someone said one per shipment. However Im willing to SWAP with someone for this figure due to the extra one I have. Lets make a deal!

18. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I was at the toys r us by the Dayton mall and found Yoda, Han Solo and Boba Fett unleashed! They also had all of the clone wars figures, I felt like I walked in just as they got done stocking the shelfs. :)

19. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Sweet! I know the TRU at tri-county gets shipments Monday-Thursday...It maybe Monday-Friday now that it's closer to Christmas. Normally they just get them on Wednesdays.

I'll start keeping my eyes open for the new unleashed now that I know they have been seen locally. Not that I wasn't already anyways

20. nero_2burn

nero_2burn Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2004
    Jedimike421 found the following at his local Wal-Mart...

Holo Luke :(
    Dutch Vander :)
    Capt Antilles :)
    Tie Pilot :)
    Lando (Skiff Disguise)
    Jan Dodonna :)

Does anyone need any of these? He will try and do the best he can with locating these or other figures to other members from Dayton or anyone who can be civilized and respectful enough to deal with Jedmike421.

21. PADA-1

Feb 11, 2003
    Do I NEED them, no. Do I WANT them, yes. For now I am trying to be a good little adult and limit my spending on stuff like this, I was out about two weeks ago and didn't see much, guess it helps save me money.Im trying to pay down credit cards and save for a new computer AND C3 in Indy next year so Im limiting my "entertainment" budget to $100 a month and I spent $80 of it this weekend on Futurama Vol.3 and Links 2004 for Xbox. Too much cool stuff comes out at the same time!

22. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    you know, if they'd just take turns giving all us SW fans a big Ohio Lottery jackpot...we could all pursue our addiction to SW collecting in relative peace and quiet. Is that so hard...honestly?

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Less than 4 months till we can start collecting E3 toys! :)

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    The sneak preview figs should be available in a couple of weeks :)

25. DemonJedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Qui-Gon_Ludo Those have been out before christmas in the sneak peak collection i got Pablo-Jill (Jedi Knight), Yarua (wookie), Sly Moore, Rabe', Queen Amidala (the white dress she wore at the end of Ep. 1)
    and these 2 i didnt get both from the epipisode 4 cantina seen Myo, and Feltipern Trevagg.
    Hope this helps Episode 3 figures will be out February 1st just like the last 2 times everyone will camp out infront of the stores there will be plenty for everyone so dont lose sleep over it. If you cant find one let me know i might beable to get it for you or might have an extra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.