main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    If anyone is interested i'm going to be at the AMC Highlands Ranch 24 at 12:30 (45 min) to see the first showing of The Lord of the Rings with the extra 4 minutes at the end of scenes from Part Two.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry, working on a deadline right now. I just got one of those projects that is normally due in Mid-April and now they want it yesterday. I'll probably have to work on my B-day to get in done.

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I would like to see it but have no money and its to far to drive sorry obiwannabe.

4. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001

The theater is about 3 blocks from my work but...like everyone else, i'm working :(

5. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Well, I loved the movie just as much the second time, as far as the 4 minutes of stuff from the next movie...Not having read the 2nd or 3rd books, I really didn't get most of what I was seeing, but it looked really really really cool. The person I saw it with has read all 3 books and she explained a lot of it afterward.

6. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I saw LOTR again today. My two friends and I almost started crying after seeing The Two Towers preview because we realized we still had to wait eight months to see it.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    It was pretty cool, people cheered when it faded back up from black to the new footage, I always love that. I'm pretty sure everyone was there for the new stuff, the room was packed, I think they just didn't believe it would happen until it did.

8. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    did you have to wait until all of the credits rolled or did it happen right at the end?

9. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    man I'm going to cheer like a dang fool at ATOC.

10. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    The way the film originally ends is with Frodo and Sam walking off, fade to black, credits. What they did is send out a new last reel to all the theaters to replace the existing one so now it goes:

Frodo and Sam walking off, fade to black, fade up to COMING THIS CHRISTMAS, 4 minutes of scenes from the new film, fade to black, credits.

Its pretty cool, similar to what Back to the Future 2 did.

11. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    too young to remember what Back to The Future 2 did lol. Sounds great, I was gonna watch it last night around 8:30 but forgot that I had some laundry to do :mad: might bug out on work early to go check it out at 4:45

12. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    They shot Back to the Future 2 and 3 at the same time, so when BTTF2 was released at Christmas they were able to end it with a similar set of scenes for BTTF3 with the tag COMING THIS SUMMER.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.