main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lost All Will to Live repost! (Obi, short story, one post, angst. CHANGED ENDING!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Title: Lost all will to live (book one of three)
    Author: Jacinta Kenobi
    Spoilers: None.
    Disclaimer: Obi and Qui are George?s, but Rea and Jasu are MINE!
    Rating: Oh my god, G! I?ve never even TRIED to write anything above PG, everybody would laugh at me!
    Time period: JA, Obi is 19
    ENJOY!

Obi-Wan sat in his chair, waiting uncomfortably for his master to return for him. He squirmed slightly, struggling to fit in the seat that was waaaaay too small for him. Qui-Gon had been summoned by the governor of the town for the negotiations between the governor and the farmer?s appointed leader.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had been sent to this planet because they farmers had complained that they could not afford to live as farmers anymore unless something changed. They said that their supplies were too expensive, and rising still, and yet the prices for their products had remained the same. They had told the governor that unless he lowered their supply prices, or raised the food prices, they would go on strike, and the entire planet would go without food until their demands were met.

The governor, safe in his home with enough food stocked for months, had refused to face the situation, and people were starving. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were here to settle this dispute and get the food running through circulation once more.

Qui-Gon had left Obi-Wan with strict instructions to make sure that the negotiations were uninterrupted. Obi-Wan sighed and moved around some more, unhappy with his assignment. He understood its importance, since any disturbance during the negotiations could ruin the chances for peace. But he wanted more than anything to be at his master?s side.

The 19-year-old rubbed his forehead and sighed again. Why couldn?t Qui-Gon give these assignments to someone else? The Jedi Master insisted it was because he did not trust anyone else. But Obi-Wan did not believe it.

Suddenly, a voice broke into his thoughts. ?Hey, sad-face, what?s wrong? You look more angry than a Rancor that just lost his meal!?

Obi-Wan glanced up quickly. As soon as he did, he sucked in his breath in surprise. He gazed deep into the girl?s eyes, a beautiful shade of lavender that shone like a precious gem yet burned with an internal fire. He was mesmerized. His view was obstructed, though, when a shock of straight, raven black hair fell into her eyes.

The girl reached up and pushed it back irritably with the rest of her hair that came just to her chin. She abruptly leaned closer to his face, and reached out to gently but firmly grab his chin. The movement convinced Obi-Wan that she was going to kiss him, and he blushed to a light red. But instead, the girl simply gazed deep into his eyes for a long moment, then suddenly let go and pulled away, nodding in satisfaction.

Obi-Wan stood quickly, stammering. ?H-hi! I?m not really mad or anything, it?s just that someone did something a little bit irritating.? The girl looked at him a while, before deciding that he didn?t want to talk about it, and she was not going to press him.

Obi-Wan shuffled his feet for a while, then finally said, ?I?m Obi-Wan Kenobi. My friends call me Obi.?

The girl grinned dazzlingly at him, and Obi-Wan?s knees went weak. ?I?m Shisa-Tal-Rea-Cata-Nish-Myliace.? (Pronunciation help: Sheeshah-Tahl-Reeah-Cahtah-Neesh-Meelieahce)

Obi-Wan fumbled, rolling the words around in his mouth, his tongue floundering. ?Shesharame??..? Obi-Wan looked at her pitifully for help.

Shisa-Tal-Rea-Cata-Nish-Myliace laughed, the sound carrying with a beautiful resonance. ?My friends call me Rea. I would be honored if you would do the same, provided you let me call you Ohbe. It is a little difficult for me to pronounce your name as well, outsider, but I think I can manage Ohbe. Do you think you can handle Rea??

Obi-Wan grinned sheepishly, and nodded. ?Yes, I think I can?..Reeah.? He sounded the word out slowly, his tongue getting a bit twisted in the process. ?I would appreciate it if you would call me Obi as well.?

Rea smiled at him again. ?Well, Ohbe?.

2. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    LOOK LOOK I replied like a good girl. So do we get the other par soon. Right?

More please!

3. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooo, goody! A repost! Excellent! And with a new ending! This should be good. *Sits down with a bowl of popcorn* Yay!

More soon please! ;)

KenobisGirl :cool:

4. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    This time it is a semi-happy ending.

Semi...

But, don't worry, there's a THIRD part coming up that i'll post as soon as it's finished. Meanwhile here's part two.
    Title: Embracing Reality (book two of three)
    Author: Jacinta Kenobi
    Spoilers: Lost All Will to Live?
    Disclaimer: Obi and Qui are George?s, Bant is Dave Wolverton?s, but Rea belongs to me, and I?m KEEPING HER!
    Rating: G
    Time period: Pre-AotC. Obi is 27

Shisa-Tahl-Rea-Cata-Nish-Myliace stepped off of the transport slowly, looking around in awe at the huge city that covered the planet of Coruscant. She suddenly realized that one could easily get lost here, and reached for the pilot?s arm. ?Could you tell me where to find the Jedi Temple?? The 26-year-old asked.

The gruff man nodded, his chin dark with three-day?s worth of stubble, almost as dark as his eyes. ?It?s East a?here. It?s kinda hard to give directions to someone who ain?t been here before.? He said, and for a moment she wondered how he knew that this was her first time on Coruscant, but realized her awe-struck face might have given it away. ?C?m?here.? He said, and she followed him out into the street. ?You got credits, don?t ya?? He asked. Rea nodded hesitantly, and the man flagged down a transport.

?Ya get on here, miss. They?ll take ya.? He said, directing her inside. He turned to the driver. ?Jedi Temple.? He said. The man nodded, and they were off. Rea waved thankfully to the man.

Rea sat back with a sigh, not able to believe she was doing this. It had been 8 years?.. 8 years! Now she was off on some chase to find Obi-Wan Kenobi, the young man she had fallen in love with so many years ago.

//He might not even remember you?.// Rea thought dismally, but somehow, it didn?t seem likely.

She thought of how long it had taken her to do this, to come all this way to straighten things out. Years ago, when the bombing had occurred, she had been knocked unconscious soon after the explosion. Her parents had been told of what had happened, and had come to get her. Rea had demanded to be let to stay with Obi-Wan, who had still not woken up, but, on Jesanu, her home planet, even thought they counted their years as 6 months, it wasn?t until you were 40 in Jesanu years, or 20 in standard years, that you were released from your parents? custody. He father had dragged her home, and had ordered the enforcers and healers to tell Obi-Wan she was dead, not wanting her in a relationship with a Jedi.

Rea had been betrothed since she was born. She despised the man she was supposed to marry, and had hoped to run away with Obi-Wan before anyone knew and could stop her. She had not told him of her parents because she was afraid he would think she should stay if he found out she was still considered a minor on her own world.

//I should have told him the truth.// She thought sadly to herself.

She knew that Obi-Wan thought her to be dead, and wanted to clear that up, and?.see where they stood. Somewhere, deep inside, she had never been able to get over him.

When Rea had turned 20 (she thought of herself in standard years ever since Obi-Wan), she had gone to work. She had earned every cent she could, hoping to get off this dismal planet and to Obi-Wan, only to have all her savings stolen one night 2 years later by a group of bandits that she was lucky to have escaped with her life from. It was only because she had immediately given them her money that they had not laid a hand on her.

At that point, she had become disgusted, and had stowed away on a ship, determined to get away then and there.

And had been discovered. The planet they were going to was a backwater planet, one with strong laws, and Rea could have been killed just for stowing away. The pilot had offered to not turn her in exchange for her working on his ship for a year, not wanting to get her in trouble, but also knowing that if he was discovered, he had better have her working it off in some way or he would be in trouble also.

Yet another year had pass

5. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    You only need some replies to write more? Well, then:

Wonderful story, write more, poor Obi-Wan, write more, I wonder what will happen next, write more...

Get my meaning? ;)

6. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    *looks blankly then faints.*

*3 hours later Obi_jedi awakes. Looks down notices that she is all wet. Spys a droide holding an empty bucket the hears Jacinta_Kenobi around the corner laughing. O_J Stands up and finds Jacinta*

Ha.......ha.

For that you can post teh third part before I go insane.

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    It is way past tomorow Jacinta! I want the third part and I want it NOW! *opps can't scare the author away or no post*

heehee sorry that iner anger of mine is dangerous ain't it! Plerase post soon pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee *breath* ppppppppplllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee! I replied so don't I at least get a post!

Post more soon i hope. Don't leave this one here with only two post we need three!

Goodluck!

8. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hello everyone...[face_sheepish] I got distracted by a million other things, I'm sorry. If anyone still wants the third part, I can get it finished and up for ya1

9. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Oh. Great post. Loved it. More. More please

Velvet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.