main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Love is grand. Divorce is a !&*@(

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Souderwan, Jan 27, 2012.

1. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    I would just like to point out that grammar has nothing to do with paragraphs or the capitalization of letters.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    thank god you're here.

3. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    One question, why did you sign up a username in all lower caps? I used capital letters in my username when I signed up. I mean really, I am just posting opinions but not attacking how anyone else writes here - if people are going to be immature here and say I'm a horrible writer when posting on message boards is often compared to texting, then I will point out your mistakes. And any writer knows paragraph spacing depends on what kind of writing style or format you are using. Books typically will use spacing, but not magazines necessarily. Here are some articles that I wrote for a DC website on comic books and the chosen writing style of the website prefers not to space their paragraphs. So paragraph spacing is not always used.

Articles:
    Justice League International #1 Review
    Retrospective: Boy of Steel
    Teen Titans #1 Review

Hmmm...also I'm skeptical about all of this attention to my grammar. I'm beginning to believe someone from another website where I was harassed at by a male poster (a Superman message board) has logged on here and now has a username. He knows that I post here and it was my fault for telling him who I was. I didn't know he was a weirdo. He is banned across the net. He followed me to several message boards cutting up my writing and everything else about me. So I'm skeptical. It's probably him who started all this.

Anyway, let's get back to the subject matter. Love is grand, divorce sucks.

My opinion is that relationships never last, or most of them. Doesn't mean I don't date, just means it feels kind of pointless with other things added in.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    You are displaying remarkably accurate symptoms of schizophrenia.

5. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    "lower caps"

that's still not a thing.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    is too

[image=http://www.sella.co.nz/images/thumb/y/m/x/4tgymx-210x158-bg.jpg]

7. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    The best way to build an argument about misogyny is to call other, more oppressed women, dumb. Yup, you sure are helping build a case for women there! Good job, Wormie! The poor dumb women of the Middle East would like to thank you for standing up for literate Western women!

8. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Wormie, I don't think anyone has stalked you from another site--I just think that multiple people have noticed your writing. Even in those links you've posted you have inconsistent capitalization ("Green lantern") and fail to demonstrate any knowledge of the uses of a semicolon.

Yes, some message forums' posts are similar to texts, but if you are trying to make a convincing argument in this one it decreases your credibility when you say things like "lower caps."

9. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I find it interesting, Wormie, that I took the time to respond to your ideas, as opposed to your grammar errors and writing style, but you ignored that and instead focused on some phantom guy from another forum following you here to mock your grammar. Persecution complex much?

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

11. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Now I know I'm on the JC, we forget about the argument and argue about semantics and grammar instead. :D

12. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    That's just stupid Dani, Wormie would have to be literate before she could represent literate Western women.

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Last night was the big move out date. Slept in my new place for the first time. Seriously mixed bag, honestly. But my son seems to be doing ok so that's good news.

14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This might say more about you than about the wives in question.

15. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    He's probably still in shock. Give it time.

If he's still normal in a year, and not some emo gangster idiot, you really will deserve a medal.

It's not easy. Good luck.

16. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I told my mom about the separation about a week before moving out. She was initially upset. But in a serious turn into the weird, she's taken it upon herself to get me dating again. I told her I'm not ready, but she's already given out my email address to like 3 or 4 single women who are daughters of friends of hers. Apparently my sudden availability is a topic of discussion. I don't know whether to laugh or not.

17. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    I'd laugh.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You have to laugh. Of course she's mom and means well. We really hate to see our kids sad. My daughter recently read something that said you should give yourself 3 months for every year you were with someone after a breakup. Apparently I've still got a year and a half to go. [face_plain]

19. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    That's kind of an extreme timetable, I think, Frieda. By that count, I wouldn't date again for...at least 4 yrs? Seems a bit much.

But I also am definitely not going to rush into anything. If the right person does happen to come along, I don't think I'd turn away because of some artificial and arbitrary timeline, but I'd certainly not date until I felt ready to. Given what I do, it would take me actively looking to actually meet any women anyway and that's not going to happen for at least 6 months, probably a year.

Of course, I explained all this to my mom, who politely reminded me that if I'm going to start making more babies (the priority, apparently), I need to get started since I'm not getting any younger. Haha.

20. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    It seems that when it comes to grandchildren, the more the better. :p

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You could always take that timeframe into consideration, skip directly to old age, and simply get a "lady friend".

And, next time you're in Philly, we should throw down and gush over things like Reaganomics and our splendid Israeli foreign policy!

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I know it's extreme Brian, just thought it funny. [face_plain] Pretty much along with your mom's comment about you not getting younger. I am beginning to wonder if I'm the only mom who hasn't made so much as one comment about my kids having kids.

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Let the countdown begin...

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    lol I SO do not need a countdown or that extra year and and half. :p

25. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Definitely! Although I hear tell you're cagey about your specific origins like some kind secret identity thing. So maybe we'll tap codes to each other through a wall or something. Either way, I'm up for it. I wish I'd known you were from Philly. I would have tried to set something up.

Wait a sec, how did you...?

Frieda, I should get you to talk to my mother. I seriously thought I'd scratched the grandma itch with my son, but apparently not. :p