main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Lowry Park Event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by PrincessElaina, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    New event dates for Lowry Park!

I have 2 weekend dates for October. This is a public event with double the amount of children/Adults and lots of Photo Ops. It takes place from 7pm- 10pm. (Some of us can leave sooner if needed.)

The next weekend is equally busy for the following Saturday of the 29th but we will be at Necro. So the 29th date is up in the air.

The other Saturday date open is set for October 15th. If anyone is also interested in the opening for October 1st let me know. Chris I am looking forward to seeing you fight if still interested.

October 15 and 22nd are the dates I have so far. The event has a changing area and backstage breakrooms away from the crowds. We usually take photos when the gate opens and are currently discussing where to have the fight circle. You do not have to make both event dates if you cannot or have another event to do. This is a fun event!

Can't wait to see everyone soon!
    Gabrielle

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I will come to as many as I possibly can Gabby!! sounds great!!! Really looking forward to this and I love the kids. Tell me what kind of event this is as I have kids who would love to come and see what is happening.

3. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    HEY Gabby yo count on us to be there again, last time was so much fun and this will be even better.

4. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    is this a starwars event? or a pirate event? wasnt too sure when you said fight circle. if its a star wars event, how would you do a fight circle?

i hope i can make it! I'll talk with steve, he and i are coreographing our lightsaber fight for dragoncon right now. we should be doing in the lobby once on sat and once on sunday. we should have plenty of practice on it by those dates. =)

5. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Yes I was thinking about Pirates :p No this is a Star Wars event. We are still thinking of where to have the fights. It may be in front of the main entrance by the Fountain. That is a good gathering place. If you want to put together a skit like I did last year that is fine too. Both my Padme costumes are almost completed and my human hair Padme wig just arrived.

Some weekends we just posed for photos because of all the traffic and answered questions. (On busy weekends you may be mobbed, I am thankful that the Zoo provided security for us). Some weekends we peformed a skit with costume changes after the crowds came through the gate and spread out. (After about an hour of opening).

I will make a list of everyone attending so others can add their names/character. That way I have a good idea of all the cast that will show up. So far I have a few Jedi, Royalty and possible Vader. :)

I am glad everyrone had a great time and can't wait till the next event. Can't wait to see the fight at dragoncon! See you all Saturday!

More soon,

Gabrielle

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Looking forward to seeing you Gabby, hope you are doing well. This really sounds like a lot of fun and I just love Lowrey Park Zoo. So nice to stroll around and see everyhting.

7. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Yes it is a wonderful event with lots of attendance. Star Wars is hot right now so everyone will be very excited. I have always been treated well and with respect at Lowry Park so I know you will enjoy yourself.

The list as follows so far:

Jedi- Ross?, Denise?, Marie, Chris?
    Stormtroopers-
    Princess Leia- Virginia (Ginny)
    Padme- Myself
    Vader-

I will add to the list if you know which weekends you would like to attend.
    Gabrielle

8. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    You know Ross and I are available.

9. cokeman305

cokeman305 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    hey there gang this is my first post here. Help me out if I am out of place. Will there be any room at this event for a stormtrooper? if so count me in!!!

10. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Awesome, the more the merrier and welcome!! Stormtroopers are always needed!

I wasn't sure about the costumes you wanted to wear Denise, but you made awesome jedis both of you! I will put you down as Jedi. :)

The list as follows so far:

Jedi- Ross, Denise, Marie, Chris?
    Stormtroopers- Cokeman
    Princess Leia- Virginia (Ginny)
    Padme- Myself
    Vader-
    Other-

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Cokeman, yes you are welcome!!!

12. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Yeah it is almost here!!!

Brian, you are most welcomed to help with press and colaberate with your contacts with this event. Any help will be most appreciated!

Like I said the event dates are October 15th and 22nd. Event starts at 7pm. We usually arrive to change between 6 and 6 30 pm. The gates open and the flood begins at 7 pm sharp.

Be prepared for many photo Ops and autographs.

Pm me for any questions.

Gabrielle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.