main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke more like Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, or Yoda?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by jedibri, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    This is something I guess of a poll question.

To me Luke is more like Obi-Wan than the other Jedi. However the has trates of Yoda and Qui-Gon in him as well.

So how do you see Luke?

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Of the three...you know, he's more like Anakin. I can't fit him easily into any one of those 3 compared to Anakin.

Luke has traits of all three, but not sufficiently enough for me to identify him with any of the three. He shares Obi-Wan's early recklessness, Qui-Gon's compassion and some of Yoda's wisdom, but he's really much more like his father than any of those 3.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Agreed, he´s like Anakin more than anyone else.
    Out of those three, though, I would say Qui-Gon. At least by the end of ROTJ. He uses his instinct in a similar way that Qui uses his in TPM.

4. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    Luke is what Anakin should have been. As powerful as Master Kenobi, wise as Master Yoda(well..he is on the way to these things)..with Qui's belief in the not so straight and narrow. However..he is most like Anakin in that he is makes deep personal attachments very easy..underneath the choir boy exterior has a lot of anger..and is impatiant amd a little cocky. watching the PT makes it that much more obvious that luke is living his father's life..making all his father's mistakes but at the end makes one descion differently and saves the galaxy..and his father

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Luke start's off very similar to Anakin, but end's up more like OT Obi-wan. However, OT Obi-wan is very much like Qui-Gon (as is Yoda)

So, I would say Luke (like the other 2 Jedi in the OT) is most like Qui-Gon.

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    None. He is just like his old man, Anakin.

7. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Actually, Luke doesn't really share many personality traits with Anakin... They are similar in certain respects (whiny, talented, and, um...that's about it), but the main connection between the two is their fate. Both go along a very similar path.

So, out of those three, and out of all the characters from the entire saga, I'd have to say Luke is mostly like Qui-Gon.

8. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I agree w/ JediMaster. I don't think Anakin and Luke are very much alike. THey have some things in common, but Luke has certain qualities that Anakin lacked or had in a lesser degree. I think Luke has more patience and reservation than Anakin. Anakin was incapable of restraint, luke was not. Luke was also willing to deal w/ his weaknesses and shortcomings, Anakin was not. Luke was also selfless, while Anakin was selfish. Even in TPM when Anakin was at his most good, there were hints of selfishness (yes he was young but he never seemed to outgrow it). Throughout TPM, Anakin saw all the events in terms of himself: what should I do now? What will happen to me (wondering this at Qui Gon's funeral). Yes, Luke had a bit of a temper like Anakin, but Luke had more control over his temper as he could reassert control whereas Anakin gave into his rage fully. I think someone above said it right. Luke was the person and Jedi that Obi-Wan wanted Anakin to be.

9. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Personally I think Luke is his own character.

10. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I have to agree with D. Lowe. The more I think about it the more he is his own person.

Nobody knows what Anakin should have been. We can only guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.