main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace, Decapitation, and Jango

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Bacon164, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    As we all know, Mace isn't very slow to take out Jango. What strikes me is that Jango might've held a lot of information about Dooku and the Separatists, and still Mace simply goes WHOOOSH! Why didn't Mace simply take the bounty hunter captive instead of, well, decapitating him?

2. Darth_Xion

Darth_Xion Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    well i think mace was trying t get rid of the major threat fast and comsidering he was like the most feared bounty hunter in the universe he was a threat.....and mace was probably thinking we'll kill all the seperatist here so he wont matter.......

what im more curious in is that if jango was this mighty warrior of his time and stuff y did (after his first few blaster shots get deflected) did he keep using thos damn pistols i would tookin to the air and used all the cool little gadgets......

also is neone else getten pissed that the jedi aren using there force power besides pull and push.......i mean yoda kindaa did but even then it wasnt reall him using force lightning it was more like deflecting.

3. Argile_Kenobi

Argile_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2005
    First of all Jango couldn't use his Rocket pack because it got trampled by the Reek. Second of all my question is why did Mace conveniently wait for not one but two charges by the Reek before stepping in to kill jango? First time maybe since Jango is trampled but the second time he could have swooshed in and killed Jango, but he conveniently waits until Jango kills the Reek and then he rushes in.

4. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Mace had a sence of honor and didnt want to kill Jango when he didnt have a chance.

In the DVD version of the film you can see sparks fly out of Jango's rockets. They were useless.

5. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    Mace had no idea the man in shiny armour he fought was the bounty hunter Jango Fett.

6. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    ^
    Of course he did. He knew there was a clone army made from Jango. And this guy in armour looks a lot like the clones.

Who else could it be?

7. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "Of course he did. He knew there was a clone army made from Jango. And this guy in armour looks a lot like the clones."

Had he seen the clones yet?

it is entirely possible that mace didnt know the guy who was trying to kill him was Jango Fett, and that would explain the look on his face after he kills him, a bit of an "Oh ****, that was fett wasnt it" moment.

8. plddc1

plddc1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    I can see it now: "Let's see, I'm surrounded by several dozen Jedi, two rampaging monsters, and thousands of battle droids, all in the midst of a chaotic, closed in fight . . . Uh, Jango, you're under arrest. Please go sit quietly in the corner while I finish up this fight." By what process do you think he could have taken him captive?

9. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    There is no emotion- There is only peace

Mace was living, and fighting by the Jedi code. He did not kill Fett other with any other reason than he was an immediate threat, and there was no other alternative at the time

10. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Taking him captive would not have worked. There was a WAR going on. Where would Jango be kept while the WAR is in motion? With a group of Clones? Thats not a very smart idea.

Jango: Well, technically, I, am your Father. All of you. Um, were milliontuplett twins, were brothers. Help me, take this, mask off. See, huh, huh? Loosen my bonds. Im sure you guys can feel the pain in our wrist. Thanks. Now, where did the bald guy go?

11. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Why didn't Mace simply take the bounty hunter captive instead of, well, decapitating him?

Do you happen to be one of those anti-war, anti-American armchair generals? Exactly how was he supposed to take Jango captive, give him a hug?

12. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    Do you happen to be one of those anti-war, anti-American armchair generals? Exactly how was he supposed to take Jango captive, give him a hug?
    haha, funny, now I'm not right wing, in fact, I'm mostly liberal, but I don't believe in either, I believe we should all be flexible and adaptable, meaning you can be liberal, middle, or conservative depending upon the issue and situation. Since when is being stubborn, arrogant and ignorant a badge of honor?
    But having said that, I agree with you about people being Monday morning quarterbacks with this Mace VS. Jango scene. What exactly was Mace to do with ol' Jango, handcuff him to his left arm, while war is going on all around them? I mean there's alien monsters, battle droids, super battle droids, and Geonosians, and Jedi fighting, many dying -- I don't think he could just tie Jango to a post and go off and fight. Jango would easily cut himself loose to fight and kill. But having said that, I am not one to agree with resorting to military aggression as the first option. But that's another topic.

13. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Exactly how was he supposed to take Jango captive, give him a hug?

Force push.
    Force persuasion.
    Wrap him in his own line.
    Stun him with a blaster.
    Hit him on the head.
    Hold him in the air with the Force.
    Sleeper hold.

There are many ways he could have captured him. He just didn't want to.

14. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
  15. SithLord-Ezekiel

SithLord-Ezekiel Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2005
    How could he hold him in the air consistantly when there is a war going on around him and he needs his concentration for other dangers. Besides, what use is it to the Jedi to capture Jengo anyway?

16. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    If I were Mace, I'd just sever an arm or something like Obi-Wan did to Zam in the beginning. That way, I could get information out of him.

Actually, I think it would have been better if Obi-Wan had simply arrested Jango in his apartment rather than attacking him after he put on his armour and gotten his weapons. It would have saved a whole lot of trouble.

17. platform327

platform327 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I think Mace was aware that this was no ordinary guy in disguise, given the company he was keeping. He dispatched him swiftly, cleanly and justifiably given the circumstances. There are times when taking prisoners is unproductive and impractical, and this was one occasion where Jango's capture and subsequent interrogation would have been an act of futility.

18. CorellianScoundrel

CorellianScoundrel Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2005
    He did not need to interrogate Jango. He realized (too late) that Dooku was an ally to the Separatist.

What more information could he had possibly obtain from Jango?

19. platform327

Apr 1, 2005
    There are some people who do not squeal under the pressure of interrogation, and Jango fits that profile.

20. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Hi, platform!

21. Lord_Morningstar

Lord_Morningstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I think that there are a few filmic considerations as well; Jango had to die in order for his character to be closed and for Boba?s to be given the necessary development. In addition, I think it makes sense to eliminate Jango before the clones arrive; having him still alive and on the side opposite to his children is a complicated situation.

Then, of course, there are all the practical reasons listed above.

22. platform327

Apr 1, 2005
    Hi Bacon!

23. plokooner2610

plokooner2610 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2004
    Who cares, its either Mace kill Jango or Jango kill Mace

24. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    platform327 posted on 4/2/05 6:45pm
    There are some people who do not squeal under the pressure of interrogation, and Jango fits that profile.[hr][/blockquote]

Right. Jango seemed kind of laid back during the interrogation. If you get nervous, you're going to spit it out eventually.

25. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Yea, Jango had to go. His part of the story was done, and he'd just get in the way.

Anyway, isn't is weird that both Fetts died of jetpack problems. Jango's wouldn't start when needed and Boba's did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.