main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace Windu's weird look. Is Jango really dead?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by tinakazu, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinakazu

tinakazu Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Hello all. This is my first time posting here and I've always had a few questions and I have a few theories regarding Chapter 41: This Party is Over from Attack of the Clones. So you guys can tell me what you think about it, maybe you've already discussed it. I kind of hope you have so you can have some answers for me.

After Mace Windu kills Jango Fett, Darth Tyranus has a startled reaction. I always assumed it was because he was surprised that Mace Windu actually killed Fett. Then the strange thing is Mace Windu's reaction, he's like "Holy Moly! I actually killed him by cutting his head off". So I always interpreted this as Mace Windu thought Fett was a robot and was surprised to find out that he wasn't. At least that was my justification.

But then a thought occurred to me, what if Fett is a robot in that scene. This would explain Windu's reaction, the helmet bouncing on the ground, and why you can't see any part of his neck at any point and why his head doesn't fall out of the helmet when Boba picks it up later. Of course the PG rating may have something to do with that too. The thing though that really cliches this for me is, when I watch the scene over, Darth Tyranus's reaction makes so much more sense if Fett is not really in the suit.

The one thing that could support Jango being in the suit is Boba's reaction. I always assumed he was upset because Jango's dead, and it works. But he could also be reacting to Jango abandoning him, that also works, just not as well. Although it certainly works a lot better then Mace Windu's, "Holy Moly! I actually killed him by cutting his head off".

Finally, my parents and brother swore that both times we saw the movie at the theatre they thought Jango Fett had this weird skinny neck sticking up after he got his head cut off. I always discounted it as they saw his rocket pack and thought it was his neck. But when we bought the DVD and watched it they said that the neck wasn't there anymore and that they must have removed it, just like how they corrected Mace Windu's lightsaber color from blue to purple. This skinny neck, if it existed, could be further evidence that it was a robot and that Jango wasn't killed.

So do any of you remember the weird skinny neck thing? It would have to be in the version where Mace Windu's lightsager is still incorrectly colored blue. Now I don't know if George intends to follow through on this. That may be why he had the skinny neck removed. Although it may have been removed because it was confusing. After all, my family didn't jump to the conclusion that it was a robot, they just thought it was some weird skinny neck thing. So can you guys help me out here?

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Jango's dead. You can see the shadow of the head fall out of the helmet when it's flying through the air. There was no neck. Mace's saber was always purple.

3. tinakazu

tinakazu Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    That's strange. I know that when I saw the movie at the theatre Mace's lightsaber was blue. I remember how disapointed I was because I had heard Sammy L. talking about having a purple lightsaber during an Episode I interview and I am a purple freak. Maybe the theatre had a bad print or it was projected in slightly off colors. I don't know but when I saw it his lightsaber was blue so I assumed it was for everyone. lol. I'll have to take a look for that shadow later. Thanks.

4. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    No he had Purple in the Theaters.

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The problem with your theory, is that only a few minutes before, we saw Jango standing there with his healmet off, and his head showing. So he wasn't a robot. And Mace's lightsaber was purple both times I saw the movie. The film your theater got was probably damaged or something. Was his blue lightsaber the classic blue like Obi-Wan has?

6. tinakazu

tinakazu Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow! :eek: I can't believe you noticed that shadow, it goes by so fast. I had to watch it a couple of times in slow motion lol. You have some eyes! But George could have added it for the DVD. During the commentary he does talk about how he adding extra sparks when Jango gets run over by that creature. It could have also been the head of the robot lol.

I remember Mace's lightsaber being the classic blue, like everyone else has. I wasn't really comparing it around while watching the movie though. On the DVD it's purple, not a very blue purple, just purple. So I don't see how I could have mistaken it at the theatre, especially since I was paying special attention to it. My family all remember it being blue too. So I have no idea what's up with that. It makes me feel silly, unlike my theory lol. ;)

The scene with Jango without his helmet on was a scene I forgot about when I thought of my theory. :oops: But perhaps he managed to sneak away and switch spots with the robot real quick while he was off screen. [face_thinking] LOL

I would like to say that after taking a really close look, I mean paused and face pressed to the TV look, that after Jango gets his head cut off you can see a wound. I never saw it before because I never saw his neck before. His neck is covered in black and I thought it was like, I dunno, the hole going into his body (Not unlike the arm at the bar on Tatooine in A New Hope) I had assumed that Mace just cut Jango's head off at the base of his neck lol. :p

I come up with a lot of theories so don't go asking me about bigfoot and expect to hear that he doesn't exist. Why did you think Chewie looked so darn good? :p Thanks all!!!

7. Maranelo_Jori

Maranelo_Jori Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    Sorry,but this is the dumbest thing I ever read,I hope it was a joke about Jango being robot.

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    My friend thought that Mace's sabre was blue. I then showed the DVD box to him.

But still, Jango undead wouldn't be good.

9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I always figured Mace's "look" after bottlecapping Jango was a "Hmph...is this the best you got, Dooku?" look.

If you're fishing for ideas of how Jango could return in EIII...I always thought that a cool (plausible) way that young Boba could exact vengeance against Mace would be this...

In the midst of some battle...Mace is seperated from his fellow Jedi...he feels a tremor in the force. He then sees a young boy. The boy looks familiar.

"You're going to pay, Jedi!"

Then..Mace is confronted by a man he thought was dead. Jango Fett! (not really Jango....a clonetroop diguised in Jango's armor).

"I killed you!" says Mace.

"I got better!"

Then we'd get a cool scene of Mace battling the Jango imposter along with a squad of clonetroops controlled by Boba. He was "in tight" with the Kaminoans. I'm sure if he requested it...they'd give or sell him some of their clonetroops.

Of course...Mace would prevail against the false Jango and his clone buddies. But not easily.

But, since its been reported that Boba isn't gonna be in EIII long enough for this to happen, we'll have to accept whatever drivel Lucas put in. :D

10. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    It's a closeup. Heh.. probably requested by SLJ. :p

11. Lord_Coras

Lord_Coras Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001

"I killed you!" says Mace.

"I got better!"

Been watching Monty Python? [face_mischief]

12. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Well, if Mace's saber was the same blue as all the rest, I have no idea. But if it was different then the rest of the blue I'd say it was definately a damaged coppy. Maybe there's someone at that theater you could e-mail to see if they received a damaged copy or something. The progector could also have been messed up.

I remember the lightsaber being purrple, just like in the TV spots...

13. tee4jc85

tee4jc85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    OMGah, like, what if Jango lived and, was like, REALLY Boba in the OT?

or like, Jango's spirit resided in Boba and was like, working through him you know??

JANGO'S DEAD. accept it.

14. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Jango is DEAD. I'm a big Jango fan and it's hard to accept, but why do you think Boba was so heartbroken and picked up the helmet?

15. tinakazu

tinakazu Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Well, atleast someone else thought Mace's lightsaber was blue. I can't really remember how it compared to the other blue lightsabers at the theatre but I remember it looking like a regular blue. lol

I thought Boba was upset about Jango leaving him there.

Great idea on how to get a Fett into Episode III :)

But when it comes down to it, I admit defeat! :p It was a fun theory atleast. I still think Chewie is a bigfoot ;)

16. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    One can't grow another head. Yes, Jango is dead.

17. Maranelo_Jori

Maranelo_Jori Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    Oh my God.Jango is dead,Mace killed him.Skinny neck wasnt neck but part of his rocketpack.Boba was sad because his father was killed.Head didt fell from the helment because severed head dont look good in children friendly films.

18. SithHistorian

SithHistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Yes he is dead.

19. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    i cant belive this converstion is really happening

20. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Maybe Jango kinda...ducked down in his armoured suit as he saw the lightsabre blade coming, like a turtle.

Then, when his helmet was whisked off, Jango kept his head down and slumped to the floor. When Mace's back was turned, Jango legged it. And forgot to tell Boba.

There *dusts hands* Cast-iron reasoning [face_mischief]

21. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    Mace *cuts off Jango's head*: "There can be only ONE, sucka!"

22. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    his expression is funny. Its like did I do that

23. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    DamonD, You're brilliant ;) :p

24. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    If your so upset about Jango being dead then just think about all the other ppl just like him.

25. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    To back that theory up, When Mace chopped his head off, you can see sparks from Jango's armor (Mabye a ROBOT!?!?! LOL). But, this was done also when Luke cut off the fake Vader's head in the Dagobah cave in ESB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.