main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

making the saga into one film

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthfettus2015, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    im going to tell you something i do quite regularly. I often dont have a lot of time to rewatch the entire saga 1-6 so i sometimes watch edited highlights in order. Makes me think of GL saying he wrote it as a big long story an then realised it was much too long and went straight into Ep4. So this is kinda how it might have been. I used to try and select the best 6 passages in one episode adding up to an hour each film, making a 6 hour film in total. No im selecting one longer piece from each episode to make a film no longer than 3 hours in total. Its an interesting thing to do and you really find out what is the most important thing to you in the saga.... here is my current edit

Ep 1 Negotiations - From beginning of film to the Queens defiance (shortest section)
    Ep 2 Arena - From 'this partys over to Dooku going back to Sidious
    Ep 3 Order 66 + By far the longest section from Order 66 to Vaders mask going on
    Ep 4 Beginning From very start to Obi Wan house
    Ep 5 Asteriods + The falcon pursuit is one of my fave bits ever and see Palpatine again+Yoda
    Ep 6 Finale From Ewoks fighting back to end

very hard to do..... no Hoth, no Boba Fett(painful for me) and no Jabba (oh thats about 2 hrs 45)

2. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005
    So you're not necessarily focusing on the overall story arc, but highlights for you.. Interesting...and its just one continuous segment...

I think I would have to focus on the Anakin-Luke story if I were to try....​
    I am at work, so I will try to be as accurate as I can with times...​
    TPM: Tatooine segment through Podrace. - 30 minutes​
    AOTC: Anakin and Padme's entrance into the Arena - Finale - 30 minutes​
    ROTS - Anakin's Turn - Finale - 1 hour​
    ANH - We meet Luke - Death of Beru and Owen/Luke says he wants to learn the ways of the force - 20 minutes​
    ESB - Luke lands on Cloud City - Luke jumps from catwalk - 30 minutes​
    ROTJ - Luke and Vader duel - Death of Darth Vader - 30 minutes​
    I think I went over 3 hours based on my estimates...dang ROTS!! <--plus honestly I think what I chose is more than 1 hour...​
    I tried to put together a narrative that made sense, and it killed my to cut out Yoda in ESB, but Vader never mentions Yoda when he duels Luke, just Obi Wan..so you would not realize you were missing Yoda's role in the OT by watching these scenes...​

3. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    this is really interesting ...we agree on EP2 and 3 and most 0f 6...sorry i just have to have the opening of ep4 and ep5, yes that was very close..lol we both elliminate Porkins lol

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Moved to Fan Films from Saga

5. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    can I politely ask why this thread was moved? It was intended to be similar to the 'in which order do you watch the saga' type threads. It was just a thread about if You could only watch a certain amount of each film to construct the most important thread of the story which ones would they be, not really making your own film.

thanks

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I moved the thread because it seemed like a combination of a 'What-if?' thread and a fan edit, but it hasn't caught on here, so lets move it back to Saga and see what happens.

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This is a neat thought exercise, although I'm inclined to think it may not be possible.

8. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    I do it when I want to watch the whol saga but i dont have a spare 13+ hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.