main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Malaysia Boleh!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Luminara_Sai, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Hey are there any Malaysian SW fans out there? I joined the boards not long ago and haven't come across any other Malaysians :( I'm from KK in Sabah, the land below the wind!

2. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hello Luminara. :)

Welcome to our little corner of the FF Community. :) We aren't an officaily chapter but this is where Asia/Africa fans can join and chat. :cool: And if there's no official fan force chapter for them, they are most welcome here. :D

You are most welcome to join us and post here..we'd love to have you join the little party. Oh and if it's quiet here it's coz there aren't too many of us.

We also have some lovely guests who visit often...from the UK, Sweden and Germany. :D

As for Malaysian fans...we have another Malaysian girl who posts here. You might have seen her around the boards, her name is DarthXan318. :)

Anyways if you need any help with the boards feel free to shout in my direction. :D

God Bless,

Pash

3. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    I'm a SW fan living in Brunei. You might be able to get in contact with Malaysian fans through www.collectorsalliance.net

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Hello are-k. :) Nice to see you over here in the Asia/Africa section. :D

Hope we get to see you both more often. :)

Edit:- I had a small notice up in the FF Communications board...I think it's time I upped it so that any Asian or African fans who go that way will see it. :)

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    What the heck is a Boleh?

*following Luminara_Sai, she's my adoptee*

You guys are talking about Asia/Africa boards, that's just too huge an area! You guys gotta get something going, at least get a continental fanforce going!

And in all honesty, Asia/Africa? You guys speak English better than me. When I met Luminara_Sai from Malaysia, I was just blown away. I assumed you guys all spoke Russian or something :D

6. Luminara_Sai

Nov 14, 2004
    Hey everyone! Thanks for the welcome... Ah I must track down that Malaysian girl... Flarestorm, you thought we spoke RUSSIAN? You mean teachers don't know everything! *shock, horror, gasp* :eek:
    Well if you're wondering why my english is so good its cuz I'm not actually fully malaysian...only half :) Mother is British and I can hardly speak a word of malay anyway!

Malaysia Boleh literally means Malaysia Can...Its just a stupid slogan that all the sports drinks use when they advertise the national teams.

7. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    Ya kan? Tak boleh cakap melayu?

How's the collecting scene in KK? Last time i was there i saw AOTC figures at centrepoint and in the toyshop behind promenade hotel

8. Luminara_Sai

Nov 14, 2004
    I dun really know cuz I'm not much of a SW collecter...But man, thats unbelievable, someone on here who's been to KK! Lol, now thats a miracle...:D

9. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    I assumed you guys all spoke Russian or something

[face_laugh]

Erm actually, Russia is really far from where I live, Flarestorm. ;) I'm in Sri Lanka. :D It's a little Island just south of India. I studied in an English Medium school nearly all my life and did London O'Levels and A'Levels....

But most of us speak English...we do have our native tongue which we speak at home. Mine's Tamil. :)

As for the FF chapter...well there aren't enough of us Flarestorm. :( I'm here and there's Xany who I mentioned earlier. The other person is Grimby.

We're all kinda far apart so a chapter is kinda hard.
    But the way things are going I think a Malaysian Chapter might be possible really soon.

Luminara you might wanna check with Xan about that. :D I know that's what she wanted to do eariler. :cool:

Edit:- Argh, typos! :p

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    *drops in at random, jaw drops* :p

You're from Malaysia too?! :D Whoa, cool! I gotta say, the last thing I expected when I popped in was to find a thread with Malaysia Boleh as a title. :p (Incidentally, that's not a sports drink thing, it's government propoganda. Or close to it, anyway.)

I live in KL though, so a FF might still be a bit difficult to organise. Heh. Still, it's great (and surprising) to see another Malaysian on these boards. :D And to tell the truth, my Malay is rather horrible as well, despite having studied it for like a decade. So, yeah ... :p

edit - I do remember enough, though, to know that your Malay's not that great, are-k. :p

11. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    Susah belajar la. Macam kepala aku rosak.

I'm visiting KL, right now i'm at a internet cafe in Mid Valley across from StarBucks.

There must be quite a few fans here judging from the amount of stuff in the shops. Maybe you could start a fanforce by putting ads up in the collector toyshops around here?

12. Luminara_Sai

Nov 14, 2004
    Hey I was in KL too, just got back last night! I was there for a sports competition...didn't meet any other SW fans though.

KL is so huge! Its scary...I got lost in Megamall soo many times! :S

13. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    You went to KL for Forbissia? I was staying at CitiTel and there were lots of students there who were participating at the games.

So did you win any medals?

14. Luminara_Sai

Nov 14, 2004
    Yeh I was staying there for Fobissea! My God thats amazing! You weren't part of the games were you? Well I didn't win anything, our team was the smallest and we lost everything! :( Oh well, its not surprising cause our entire school has less than 120 students whereas the other schools had over 600!

15. are-k

are-k Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2004
    I wasn't participating in the games, was over there for a conference. I just saw some of the students carrying signs for the competition.

You do any shopping in MegaMall? I picked up some Star Wars figs and shoes

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Haha, don't feel bad about getting lost in Megamall - I wind up doing that all the time. :p It's not really huge - I mean, it's big, yeah, but mostly just ... confusing, because it's really easy to mix up the north and south ends. Still is my second favourite mall, though.

Or maybe I just don't think it's that big because I've been going there for a while, city kid that I am. Heh.

17. Luminara_Sai

Nov 14, 2004
    I didn't do that much shopping while I was there but I did manage to go into the book store...MPH I think it was called...nearly got lost in there too! There was a whole section for Star Wars and I was SOOO tempted to get some books but I ran out of money! :S arg...at least I got to eat some Baskin Robbins...man that ice cream was DELICIOUS!! :D

18. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Anything special gonna happen in Malaysia for ROTS premiere? :D

19. triplesaber

triplesaber Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Hi, Im from Malaysia too, Im 30yr old,married, living in Shah Alam, Selangor. Im new to this forum, in fact, ive just registered hours ago..so im like, sitting here n read the stuffs posted in the forum..

20. neo_bulat

neo_bulat Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Darth_Eagle: not sure about the special screening.. the only "exciting" thing their offer is "FREE POSTER" for those who bought two advance ticket from May 15 at one of our Megaplex (TGV). (Our First show here is on May 18 midnite)

p/s: did not get any since i bought the ticket on the May 12.. **sob** **sob** I WANT THAT POSTER!!!!! (should i buy another tickets?)

21. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I know there is special screening this Sat, Sun and Mon. ;)

Will be coming down this Mon to KL for the special screening (CinemaOnline Fan Screening I think). Lotrien contact gotten my ticket for me so I just need to book my Train and Bus ticket from here. Hope I can finish my costume for tomolo evening by tonight so can get the transport tickets tomolo. ;)

22. Plo_Strax-Avix

Plo_Strax-Avix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Surprised to find this thread in TFN forum. Just like Luminara_Sai, I'm from KK, Sabah too. Maybe we've met before while rummaging for toys at KK Toys, the one and only speciality toy shop in our little town?

I've just returned from Kuala Lumpur after a whole week of appearances in my custom made Jedi outfit. A whole bunch of us from the MySciFiFan group appeared for RHB bank, the main sponsor for SW EP3 in Malaysia, including their May 17 premier in GSC Midvalley Megamall; and then for Star online, MPH Bookstores and Cinemaonline magazine. It was a real blast appearing in public in full costume and gear in a large group! I hope I get to do it again.

Glad to know that Malaysian fans are everywhere.

23. Luminara_Sai

Nov 14, 2004
    "May 17 premier in GSC Midvalley Megamall; and then for Star online, MPH Bookstores and Cinemaonline magazine. "

Holy Cow! Dying of jealousy here! I went to the midnight show at GSC here in KK...As you can imagine is wasn't all that exciting outside the cinema. Can't believe there is another Sabahan here on TFN!! I really didn't expect that!

24. Plo_Strax-Avix

Plo_Strax-Avix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
  25. JenYi

JenYi Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I'm a Malaysian too! In Johor Bahru. Studying in Singapore though, so can take part in activities from both sides :D

How many Malaysians are here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.