main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mara Jade Fan Club Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheB5Fan, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi everyone! It?s because of a misunderstanding between DL and me that he have locked the tread.
    He wasn?t online during the Xmas days,and that was the reasons why it
    tooks a while before he could canceled the locked tread!
    But for the next time it?s good to know that we can consult other admins ot moderators. :) if our own admins are absent.
    Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. :) :)

Marie it?s good that you mentioned PDK!
    We forgot him on the list :
    Here againt the list and I hope that many of them can come for the big event!!
    But I agreed that we should do it before Friday.There are posters again on the MJFCR tread.

PDK!!
    Jedi Liz
    Phoenix
    Hunter
    TRMJ
    B5
    TK667
    Queen Pixie
    Trace
    Jadeshand
    Kermit the Frog
    Jaded
    Rebelmom
    Nigella
    Shmi52
    Gandalf
    Payson Terrik
    Hope
    Taramidala
    Artemis
    Spicelord
    Marie-Jade Skywalker
    Mara-Jade
    Mara03
    AdmiralTrawn60
    Jedi Corran Horn
    Frodo

CURE MARA

2. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    I probable be not on the big event(I'm out of town), but I wish that one member out of the big list above can make the big shot!! :)

3. TK-667

TK-667 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Well I can pass stuff along, just what though? 10000 tonight, tomorrow? What? I have no idea all I know is yes the trollers are lurking and probably waiting. One recent post was Trace and B5. The other was AlienAcid trolling by wishing it had remained locked.

So I'll keep my eyes peeled and may just say 10000 will happen at any time. It is going to be nearly impossible to hold off all Mara fans and trollers till Friday. It could happen, but I have no idea. I'll send out Private Message's saying Friday, but possibly sooner. Depending on the situation.

~The Insane One

4. niqella

niqella Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    I was just online wading through my mailbox and I thought I would drop by. Glad to see everything was straightened out -- I had no doubt :) There is a fix to just about anything. Hope everyone had a Merry time the past few days. I'm taking the zoo ice skating this afternoon. But I'll keep popping in from time to time. We don't head back to the city until next Wednesday or Thursday.

In the meantime my nefew is attempting to explain all this Gaming hoopla (Santa even has Decipher and WotC on the payroll) to his old aunt -- Lord help him:) I think I'll stick to the novels and track him down a Mara Jade card. Perhaps it's about time someone introduced this kid to the EU :) I guess we'll have to finish the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe first...

Ella

5. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi Ella! Good to see you. Have fun with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with your nephew. I love that series! PDK bought a beautifully illustrated abridged version of it for his 7-year old sister as a Christmas present. It'll be interesting to see how much of it she'll be able to read.

TK: Unfortunately, I have to agree. It'd be nice if we could hold off 'til Friday, but I don't really see it happening. All it would take would be a couple of determined trolls and all our time and planning would be shot. So when we can, we should try to watch it and make sure that won't happen. I would hate to be the one to get the big post; everyone's been around longer than I have. But I would do it if it looked like someone was trying to take it who does not belong in Mara's fan club. (By that I mean someone who dislikes her or who's just out for the glory of the big post) Hoping that doesn't happen!

Hi Frodo! I'm glad it got straightened out; don't feel bad about it. It was an honest mistake and who knows? maybe it kept the trolling milestone thief thing from happening.

6. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Hi everyone! I hope the posting confusion hasn?t scared everyone off ? I found this on the second page. I guess this is still that hectic busy time when everyone is busy with family stuff and traveling and getting those holiday sales.

Ugggh ? didn?t want to go back to work today. Half the staff was on vacation, so it was really quiet. Made it really hard to stay awake! I wonder if there?s a Jedi exercise that creates the same effect as taking caffeine? :-D

I hope you are all doing well ? I have to work on a few things, but I?ll be back shortly (if my internet connection is cooperative tonight). Just wanted to say hi and get this thread back to page one.

7. TheRealMaraJade

TheRealMaraJade Jedi Master star 4

Oct 8, 1999
    Jedi exercise with the same effect as caffeine? I don't know any...but talking about Mara should do it! At least, that keeps ME awake! ;)

BTW, WHEN are we going to try and post the 10,000 post? Next friday?

TRMJ

8. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Ummmm, I need to send msg's out. I may just PM everybody and say THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!!!! We can't hold out for a full week. Another couple days at best.

Trollers don't seem to bad(except in the MJ kick the bucket thread. same guy with a SEVERE case of MPD!). Anyways, it will probably be fine till Friday night, besides, it seems as if there is always someone around to keep an eye on it! But hey whatever, I think we should try Friday and get as many as possible. Whoever shows, shows. Its to hard to hold on much longer.

Thats my story and 'm sticking to it!

~The Insane One

9. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    It's a pain to view these Mara haters posting in our MJFCR tread!! :( :(
    Well there's is nothing we can do about it,I suppose.

10. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Obviously didn?t make it back last night ? I was more tired than I thought. I?m off to work now, but I?ll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!

11. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Afternoon!!! SNOWWWWWW!!!It's about time and I hope it stayed longer. :)
    Well someone knows a Mara topic that we can discuss here??? Sigh I thought Jades would come and visit us,but noop. :( And where in heaven is Phoenix? Long time no see! :(
    Just want to let ya know that I also get Vecter Prime in German language.It's called "Die ABTRÃœNNIGEN" von der Serie "Das Erbe der Jedi-Ritter 1.

CURE MARA
    SKYWALKER RUGRATS NOW!!

12. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Hello!!!

We have had snow too, although it's all gone now, still cold though so may be we will get some more tonight.

So is the big 10,000 post friday or are things still being decided?

Did anyone get any cool SW stuff from Santa.:) I got this really cool picture of Darth Maul that has been signed by Ray Park.

13. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hi again. Keep checking back out of intense curiosity. I?m not sure we know yet, Mara-Jade (which is why I keep popping in and out). MJ - The Darth Maul autographed pic sounds really cool ? did someone buy it like that or did they have to stand hours in line for you? Either way ? that?s pretty nice!

oooh ? Vector Prime in German. I?d be curious to see how they did in the translation (if they got the full meanings translated OK ? sometimes things get lost in the process). Have you started reading it yet, Frodo?

Aww ? snow! None here, but I hope you all get to have some fun in it while it lasts. I went to school in Texas for a few years and it was the first time I ever had to drive on ice. Interesting experience. One night a bunch of us wanted to get together, so our extra nice Canadian friend chauffeured us around since he was an expert at those driving conditions. Then we went to an empty parking lot and did 360?s. Ah, memories. . . I also liked just walking down the street to the store and to friends? houses and seeing everything covered in white. We have a joke gift here in Florida that is one of those snow globes and says ?Florida Snowman? and all that?s in it is water and the hat and carrot nose. :-D

Back to work ? had to take a minute to make sure I didn?t miss anything and to chug a bit of coffee since I couldn?t find any Jedi tricks to keep me up. I liked TRMJ?s suggestion (about talking about Mara to stay awake), but unfortunately, I can?t keep that up all day at work. :-( I?ll check back soon. . .

14. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    I say we should do it tonight or tomorrow. Either one, though I'd prefer late tonight or tomorrow or early tomorrow morning. Try to throw off the trolls. hehe. We'll see, all PM everybody today and hope for some answers.

Well I dislike that Mara dissentors are in the MJFC, but not all are. AlienAcid is the only one that seems to dislike Mara or the thread. CmdrMithrawnurudo seems okay and MatthewTrias didn't say anything bad against us or Mara. Just thought something big had happened. So who knows.

Santa avoided me. hehe. Well I got my gifts early so they were never wrapped. Bad me, bad me. So nothing from Santa.

I had a really cool Halloween present though. I got a picture of Jason Vorhees(Friday the 13th horror flicks) signed by Kane Hodder and met him. He plays Jason. That was cool, also revealed that they are getting ready to release a new movie!

Anyone from the south wouldn't know what to do with snow. hehe. You all just panic. Sorry but it is the truth. It snows an inch and the state shuts down. True, true. I have relatives in the south so I know!

More at 11!

~The Insane One

15. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Anyone like ice-skating? Me,but only on tv heheh! Wonder if M&L would like it,if they get the chance. But both are athletic,so I?m sure they can do all sort of sports including ice-skating as well. I mean it should have a welcome alternation in their free/sparetime.

Payson,sorry no I don?t have started to read it. I?ve had reading out one book by John Sandford ( that was cool) and now I?ll reading Firebird by Kathy Tyers. But I?m a bit confused about the German title of Vector Prime it self. Sure I don?t know what Vector Prime means,but never thought that it had to do with ?disloyalty?. Well the translation of Abtrünnig means disloyalty. Something that refer towards Kyp Durron and friends maybe? Possible.
    And the NJO called in the German version as I mentioned earlier ?Das Erbe der Jediritter? which translated in English is The Heir Of The Jediritter. Sounds cool though.Reminds me bit of a famous book out of the TTT. ;)

Presents? Oh we?ve got a new monitor now, not that big 17 zoll. And I?ve got a hyper pen. And I could draw even comicfigure with it and more.but eeeww I need some experiences. I couldn't draw M&L in years with that thing,I'm afraid :(

CURE MARA GO TEAM JADE!!!!

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    TK really ?? Whohooooo please yes as soon as possible!! :) Yeah I've missed our little "HOME" the MJFCR!!! Would be cool to post there again,if not tonight,then it will be tomorrow. :) :)
    Hey have meeting with friends,So I'll leave ya now!! Have a good time! See ya all tomorrow!!

CURE MARA

17. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Hey everyone! I?m at the end of my lunch break, and stopped by for a minute.

Cold-weather driving
    Thanks for the update, TK ? and you?re right ? we don?t have a clue as to what to do with driving in snow down here! Even in Texas ? it iced only enough that people weren?t experienced in it, and there were a lot of needless accidents. Unless one of my friends from up north was driving me, I didn?t like to go out. Part concern for my own driving, but mostly fear of all the idiots out there who *think* they can drive in ice. :-b

Autograph stories
    TK ? that?s really cool that you have that autographed pic and got to meet Kane! I can?t say that I have any cool ones. During SW Weekends at MGM, me and my friend were going to wait in line for Carrie Fisher, but within an hour after the park opened, the line was so long they were warning people that she may not have time to sign their stuff. People started waiting in line at the front gate at 2 a.m.! So, during the interview/?chat? time, we were standing right in front of the stage and a girl behind us took our picture with her in the background. That?s about as good as it was going to get. :-D

More autograph stuff
    Have any of you been to one of those conventions and gotten anything from Shannon Baska signed? Just curious. What about any other SW people? I had a gift certificate for BN online, and saw the hardcover for I, Jedi (one of my favorite books), and went ahead and bought it (even though I have the paperback) so I can get Stackpole to sign it. I also have the same plans for Balance Point. Most of the authors seem to be pretty good about signing stuff you mail to them ? which I always think is incredibly nice considering they?re usually pretty busy.

What does ?Vector Prime? mean anyway?
    Frodo ? that is a weird title translation. I always took Vector Prime to refer to their invasion line ? ?vector? is a line and ?prime? means ?major? or even ?to prepare.? Since it?s where we learn about the beginnings of the Vong, it seemed to fit that the title referred to the Vong?s preparation of their major attack path. Interesting about the disloyalty meaning. See ? that?s exactly what I meant about things not always translating too well. Oooh ? if you use your new pen anytime soon, be sure to post your artwork so we can see it! Have fun with your friends, Frodo!

Bye bye :-(
    Ugggh ? lunch is over (well, actually it ended a few minutes ago). Back to the old grind. ;-)

18. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Payson - My brother got it for me, it was already signed when he bought it. He's not one of these people who has the paticence to wait hours in a queue.

I like the idea of getting something signed by Shannon that would be ace!!!

I hope these Mara haters don't end getting the 10,000 post, that would not be good.

I've never sent a book to an author to be signed, although I might think about for Balance Point.

19. TK-667

Feb 21, 2000
    Payson: Right now we're getting snowed in pretty much. heh. Jeez, we're under a Winter Storm Warning, we're expecting close to 10 inches of snow by tonight. Ugh. Its been snowing all day and the wind. Horrible. Oh well, won't keep me offline!

More and more autograph stories! I had skipped school a few times to go to autograph parties with bands. Place here that gets bands in now and then for signing parties so its allowed me to meet several of my favorites. Then again most of my favoriets are now locla nad I'm friends with most of them. Heh.

You want a funny story, I can think of one. I went to X-Fest(big 3 day concert here in the Midwest), anyways I went to this cocnert and had fun. I went up to talk to my fav band(AHC) at the after performance autograph party. Me and my friends were very close to the front of the line. they let us in and we waited for them. This is the fun part, I had my hair short, its usually a longer. So one of the Guitarists comes out and he just goes "Davvvvvee." Fun, talked to him. Pete, former drummer now, signed my hoodie "Nice hair cut" Pete S. Funny, the best was yet to come. Most of the members actually recognized me with my short hair, I get to Chris(Keys/Samples, current drummer) takes my shirt starts to sign it and I'm like Hey Chirs, hows it going. He looks up and does a double take! He goes "Dave?" I'm just like yeah, he goes on about he didn't recognize me with my haircut. Funny, funny, funny.

Ummmmm, sorry that was way off topic. It was just a funny story! But sorry anyways.

Anyways all messages about tomorrow nights party have been sent out. This is the update I mentioned earlier.

More at 12!

~The Insane One

20. Artemis

Artemis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2000
    What is it with musician people and long hair? Well, probably nothing, but I dated a guy who, like his twin brother, was a very talented musician with very long hair. Then he cut it off the day before he left for college, and I didn't have time to get used to it. So don't blame those band members for doing double takes at you -- I was doing double takes at him!

Very off topic. Do we have an on-topic topic? No? Didn't think so.

I'm kind of glad I missed that whole bit with the big thread being locked. I would've been freaking out too -- actually, the last time I was online was right after B5 posted that warning about the double threads, and I *was* freaking out. Yay to Frodo for having more initiative than me, and yay to everybody else, esp. TK, for working it out and staying relatively calm!

Here's an on-topic topic! I got X-Wing 7 and 9 for Christmas (when my parents buy me books in a series, they tend to skip a few), read Solo Command, enjoyed it immensely, bought 8, just started it, and realized that in the first couple of chapters, when Ackbar is explaining to Wedge a bit of what went down on Wayland, he totally leaves out Mara! He said Luke and Leia took care of C'Baoth! Augh!!! I mean, of course they did a great deal, but he totally left out Han and Karrde and Chewie and Lando ... and the droids ... and Mara, who was the one who killed C'Baoth, after all! I was so outraged. But I guess Wedge didn't know Mara, so Ackbar had little reason to mention her. Oh well. I'd be really happy if she turned up in 8 or 9 ... just a mention ... but it probably won't happen. I'm really glad to be reading these last three X-Wing books, though, because they're terrific. Allston keeps going higher and higher on my list of best SW authors!

21. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    TK ? great story about the band autograph! That?s when it would?ve been really cool if you had taken a girl that you were really trying to impress!

Wow ? almost a foot of snow! You could make Mara and Luke snowpeople! You could buy a couple of cheap lightsabers and maybe even a cloak to put on Luke. Oh, and don?t forget the mugs of hot chocolate. Well, don?t actually put the hot chocolate in the mugs or their hands will melt off. :-D

Artemis ? glad you?re enjoying the new books! I had the same reaction to Allston ? the more I read, the more I liked. I noticed that Mara was left out, too ? and it?s not like it was from the too-often continuation problem due to publication dates being out of whack. Maybe Allston wasn?t too sure of how to write Mara ? oh well, I guess he?ll have to learn if he?s writing in the NJO ? she has a much larger role now than in the days of her ?cameos.?

Well, I hit the mall on my way home from work to see what kind of after-Christmas sales were going on. Found the Millennium Falcon Christmas ornament at Hallmark. That one wasn?t actually on sale, because apparently it?s considered rare, but I was so excited that I didn?t care. I just started getting SW ornaments last year, so I missed out on the Falcon before. So, if any of you are looking, you might want to check out Hallmark ? the one I went to was putting out the stuff they hadn?t sold from the last few years, so you might find some pretty cool SW ones.

Well, I?m going to wander around for a little while. There seem to be quite a few interesting threads going on. The extra holiday sugar must have stimulated some brain activity around here. :-D Be back soon.

22. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Okay, it's not Mara-related, but it's SW related and it's funny (or at least I think so! [face_rofl]

It's from DTR, when Corran, Jacen, Ganner, some Noghri and other guys are running away from a skipper:

Corran: "Go, now! I'll distract it."
    Jacen: "You know what you are doing?"
    Corran: "Nope, but that's never stopped me before."
    Jacen: "Thanks for saving my life."
    Corran: "Sure, now don't ever disobey another order."
    Jacen: "But I saved *your* life."
    Corran: "Details, details. I lead this expedition, I get to decide the risks and who assumes them. You almost got yourself killed."
    Jacen: "But since I saved your life, you managed to save mine."
    Corran: "You know, if you're going to keep using logic against me, I'm just going to have to send you home."
    Jacen: "Yes, sir"

Artemis: Allston didn't mention Mara? Well, if that's because he didn't know how to write Mara, it's bad news, since he is going to write for the NJO...And I'm pretty sure that Wedge knew Mara. If my memory serves me well, Wedge was waiting on a ship that Han had promised to give Karrde, and Mara was the one to go and get it.

And now some Mara-related stuff: A FRIEND OF MINE BOUGHT SW:UNION FOR ME!!!! And Kermie is sending me BP! YAY!!! =)

TRMJ

23. TheRealMaraJade

Oct 8, 1999
    Payson: a Millennium Falcon Christmas ornament?

*TRMJ begins to whine, just like Luke in ANH*

I want one of those!!! =)

TRMJ

24. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Good news:

Today I received notice that my copy of "By the Emperor's Hand" is in the mail!!!!

See you at midnight EST, everyone?

25. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hey Tara! Hey Artemis! Hey TRMJ! Um, hey everyone else b/c I forgot who'd posted recently.

Art: I'm rereading the X-wing books. I'm on Isard's Revenge now too. Fun stuff even if Mara's not there. And I think Allston's talented enough to write Mara. He probably didn't have Ackbar talk about her part in the C'boath stuff because it would've made the scene much longer. It wasn't really neccessary to the plot and I'm sure he assumed we'd all read the Zahn books anyway.
    I understand what you mean about people buying you SW books. Two years ago (when I was just getting into them) I asked for COPL and the Zahn trillogy for Christmas. My brother bought me Dark Force Rising. Nice, but useless until after I'd read HttE. This year I asked for my own copy of I, Jedi and my grandmother bought me the novel version of ROTJ. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

Hmmm.. that was off topic. Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.