main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena March Madness - 2012 Live Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Norfolk State holds on! Seemed like they tried to give the game away with some poor free throw shooting in the last few minutes of the game, but came out with the win.

Huge, huge upset. My bracket's really destroyed now. :p

2. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    Damn. My arena bracket is done.

3. Shepherd492

Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2011
    Missouri should be ashamed of themselves. I watched the entire game and it seemed like they really didn't play with any sense of urgency or hustle, particularly early on but also later. Norfolk played hard and I give them a lot of credit but this Missouri team was absolutely horrible today. Winning the Big 12 tourney was possibly the worst thing to happen to them as they seemed to be overconfident and, as teams with real coaches (not the Tigers) will tell you, you CANNOT underestimate these small programs.

Good to see something truly interesting happen in the tournament though, been a bit quiet up to this point.

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    My bracket is finished. :(

5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    lol @ Duke :p

Man, my bracket is totally busted. I love it.

6. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Duke losing almost makes up for the UConn debacle

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    You're all probably having this thought right now: "WTF, why is Tunick in here?!". Here's why: every year, my only actual/real interest in the tournament is to see if a 16th seed can beat a #1 seed. Of course, that's never happened, and it's unlikely that it would. However, a 15 seed beating a #2? And, having that happen twice in the same day (after it hadn't happened for 11 years). Hell yes! Got home from Denny's this afternoon, went upstairs to watch MSNBC/Dodgers spring training action when I hear this from downstairs: "Norfolk State! Norfolk State!" Knowing my infamous younger brother wouldn't be chanting that for no good reason, I switch over to that game, and watched the last 3 minutes of the game. A niiiiiiiiiice ending. Caught the last few minutes of Lehigh/Duke, after noticing the score of that game on the ESPN ticker (as I was watching the Heat/Sixers game). I'll take 2 #15 seeds beating their #2 counterparts if a 16 can't beat a #1.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yesterday's games were very quiet in terms of upsets, so I think that today's action has made up for that. :p

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    kinda mad at myself for not going with my heart and taking Ohio over Michigan.

Happy to see the Norfolk and Lehigh wins. And, still early, but Detroit is hanging with Kansas.

10. Shepherd492

Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2011
    LIU still somewhat in contention with 15 minutes left...at a junction where they are either gonna pull closer or MSU is gonna put em away.

Will be interesting to see if either #15 seed will be able to advance past the second round. Hasn't happened before and I think it would be kinda neat to have one in the sweet sixteen.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow. Those Duke and Missouri upsets were crazy (and I had Duke in the Final Four ... oops). I just wish someone would et Kentucky.

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Damn you Duke, Missouri and Texas. Seriously.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm pleased I picked that one. It's blunting the pain of my bracket shattering. UNLV and Missouri losing now hurt.

14. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    The upsets yesterday totally made up for the fact that the first day and a half of games were very boring.

I wish I could've cheered for the Duke loss last night; I was in some friends' apartment, but the only ones actually there were Duke fans so I had to keep my glee to myself.

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That probably would have been a bad idea. :p

My parents were hoping that Duke would win, not because they like the school though. They still care about the brackets. I care about the Madness.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Norfolk State!!![face_dancing]

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm double sad that there's no Single Pick game this year. I'm thinking of the hilarious scenario when someone was excited when the random numbers gave them Duke and Missouri.

Day three is underway. Syracuse is in trouble early on again.

The Pick: Syracuse
    Rooting for: K State

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Espn said there are no brackets left on their website that are still perfect.

19. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Tickles me pink that Duke lost to a #15.

Big games today. So happy I have off of work.

20. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    DUDE! Dude.

I will chalk this up to the Steeler fan in you.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Syracuse looked pretty good in today's win. Not like that was much of a shock, though.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Syracuse looked meh early on. K-State missed a lot of shots. The final score was deceiving - Syracuse didn't look that good.

Now, the Buckeyes are on. Let's keep one 2-seed rolling.

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Compared to the first game, Syracuse did a lot better today. :p

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    There is so much red on my bracket! :( Hey, at least it's pretty!

I knew I should have gone with my brain and had WVU out after their first game but my heart just wouldn't let me (I took them to the elite 8). Any true Mountaineer will always think the best of their 'Eers, even when it's completely unrealistic! :p

Of course, they weren't the only ones to completely mess me up! Missouri really killed me, I had them going to the final 4.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, at least Coach K will now have more time to devote to the Olympics this summer.:p

ETA: Dammit OPPM! Tell me we won't have OPPM on the new boards![face_plain]