main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MARCH MEETING?

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by STARDOG-D-JEDI, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Where do you guys think we should have the March meeting.

What dates are good for you?

I believe it should be held in Winston Salem the home of the SECRET SITH SOCIETY!!!

Or maybe we could try Salsbury and crash pete's comic story after!!

What are your thoughts??

2. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT SALSBARY. WE NEED TO GET PETE IN HERE ON THE BOARDS.

Anything and anywhere is fine with me as lond as they......(you know the drill) [face_laugh]

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    So Karen, Would like the honor of chosing our next meeting place? As you know, our only requirements are that the place have some good choices of beer & good food. Well, the food can be just "good" as long as the beer selection is exceptional. :D

So far we have met as these fine places....
    1st Street Draught House
    Twin City Diner
    Liberty Steakhouse
    O'Charleys

So.....Have a recommendation or suggestion?

4. Padme_Karen

Padme_Karen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Well well well .. my first task as a Sith. I can think of a few places that I would suggest in the area.

Chili's (beer and food)
    Fox and Hound (beer, food, pool, darts and Golden tee)
    Hams (beer, food and trivia)
    Outback (beer and food)
    Long Horn (beer, food and peanuts)
    Carlyle Pub - someone mentioned this one before. I like it there I've been to a few parties there and they have pool tables, arcade games and a huge bar. It's not real crowded. I don't think they have food. But PB's is right down the road .. best hotdogs in the world.

I'm not familiar with High Point other than Liberty Steak house and the mall of course.

If you are interested in going to greensboro then I can give you some ideas for there too.

The other direction toward Lexington or Salisbury .. I won't be much help.

Anyone else have any ideas???

5. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I heard on the radio that the Tripps over near Hanes Mall will be reopening soon, I loved that place, it will be good to have it open again. I hope to make the next meeting if my work schedule allows it. Rock On!!

Chris

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm up for the Carlyles' Pub thing. How about you Stardog. I know JediMasterStrange will be cool with it.

Never ate at PBs' but, Adam worked there for years I believe when he was younger. That's in his old neighbrohood.

7. TK-2236

TK-2236 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2004
    now now....i am a true sith, i sit and watch in the shadows untill it is time to strike (which...uh....well i guess is now) so TREMBLE BEFORE THE POWER WHICH IS PETE!

8. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Well Alright!!! Pete made it to to the board!!!!

Anyplace for the meeting is fine with me spooky!!

9. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Hey Pete, finally. Glad your here. You'll have to make up for the fact that Kevin never posts. Maybe you can managed to talk him into to posting more. Anyways-Glad you're here now.

So everyone, How's Carlyles' and food from PB'S sound. At Carlyles' we can also play pool during the meeting.

10. TK-2236

TK-2236 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2004
    yo.... i haven seen him talking in the 501 either, must be real busy with the little one. where ever is fine with me..... and your welcome to come by my "little hole in the wall" anytime. also wanted spooky and stardog know theres like 7-8 SW mini-busts on this months order (and one is tarkin) so let me know and i will bring the catalog next meeting). on another matter we in the 501 are talking about getting imperial officer uniforms made soon. just FYI but it is a great way to get started costuming since they are supposed to be between 150.00 and 200.00) they will have red, white, gray, and black. ummmm......have some kewl ideas as "member insentives" but will talk to you more about that at a later time. well.. time to contine the "buffy-a-thon" Peace

TK-2236

"TK-2236 why are you not at your post?"

"CAUSE I'M TAKING A SMOKE BREAK!"

11. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    What do ya'll think about this.... well maybe I should research this idea a little before I mention it... nevermind. Once I find out which weekend Adam doesn't have to baby sit then I'll post a date or see if we can all agree on a date.

* STEPS OUT TO TAKE A SMOKE BREAK WITH TK-2236 *

cough, cough, cough.....Now I'm extremely thirsty and hungry. :D

edit

the Tarkin is mine. How good of a deal are you gonna cut me on that?

12. TK-2236

TK-2236 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2004
    whatever cost is. i guess i have a soft spot for fellow star wars freaks.

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    TK-2236

Adam / JediMasterStange wants to know if you can get him the BatMan-Hush figures and for how much.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind getting one of the Poison Ivy figures for myself, she's pretty hot.

14. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Chick Figures Rock!!

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Yeah, Ever since I was forced to cut down on my scale of collecting. Now instead of having to get every figure in the series of a spawn line that I might like. Now, I just collect the chick figures.

And Kevin, TiePilot74, has a Evil Lynn figure for me when I get the cash together.

16. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Yes indeed chics rock!!!

My favorite figures are always the chics. In a fighting game I always pick the chic. DEAD OR ALIVE KICKS!!! The volley ball aint too bad either!

My favorite SW gals:

Asajj Ventress!!
    Aura Sing!!!
    Aalya Secura!!! (gotta love the twi'leks!!)
    Luminara Unduli!!!
    Barriss Offee!!!
    Padme in the ripped white shirt!!!
    Leia as the slave girl!!! (need I say more)

Yes the ladies have it in my book!!!

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    How about March 27th or 28th as our meeting date? Since some of us were talking about getting up together with a few other FanForce members at UNOs' in High Point Sat. 20th and Adams' babysitting weekend is the 13th & the 14th. This sucks, kinda wanted to have it before Stellarcon. We'll plan more in advance next Stellarcon.

We should have a recuiting flyer to hand out at Stellarcon though. Thoughts ???

18. TK-2236

TK-2236 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2004
    i can try to get more of the hush figures....but i only ordered one set.

p.s.
    im sending you an email, hope you could help me out

19. TK-2236

TK-2236 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2004
    yo...thought you might like to look at this

http://www.geocities.com/tkvanb/imperialcostumepageone.html

just in case your interested

20. Padme_Karen

Padme_Karen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    It looks like I'm busting up this Chick figures Rock-a-thon just in the nick of time.

I think Sports figures ROCK!! hahaha I recently acquired a very mint condition Mark Mcgwire 70th homerun commemorative Headliner figure.

MOST EXCELLENT!!!

SOOO fellas lets hear it for chicks who collect sports figures!!!! hee hee

I'm down with the Pub .. PB's has the BEST hotdogs since Chars. I'll do my best to make it to this meeting.

:)

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Pete You only ordered 1 set ??? I'm thinking those are gonna be some popular figures. Order another set or 2.

I've seen that Imperial Officer page. I think that's who I got my pattern alterations from.

Next time e-mail me at spooky-kid@rebelscum.net

22. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Everyone wish Stardog A get well soon. He's been kinda under the weather this week, that's why he hasn't been terrorizing the boards.

I hope you get better soon Stardog / Brent We miss you on the boards.

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Get well soon Stardog, I just got over the flu myself not too long ago. Be sure to try some Jedi relaxation and healing techniques.

Chris

24. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Thanks guys that was very cool indeed!!

Now about the meeting...

What is the exact time, date and place for the rise of the sith?

25. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    How about....?

Carlyles on Hawthore Road
    Saturday at 6:00pm

Then anyone that wanted to could come back to my place to watch a movie if they want. * let me check on this part first before I say definetly *

What would you guys like for food? We'll have to bring it. I wouldn't mind getting it unless someone else wanted to. What would ya'll like. I got coupons for Arby's. Or we could do Subway or Papa Johns. Any other suggestions on the food?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.