main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Draco thanks for the good wishes, although he is still at the airport and hasn´t been allowed to do anything. Turns out the replacment-GM for his absence is . . . funny enough . . . me! [face_laugh] Thanks for letting me know, Draco. So I will guide us through the next couple of scenes and I hope I don´t ruin anything. If I run out of material until he returns, we can still have a break.

Dr. Merlot

Menry

The Doctor watched Taylor and this Mara vanish inside the ducts and sighed. ?Indeed, Professor, looks like it´s us, this time.? And with that he walked over, as the Barkeeper crawled into the ventilation system. He sealed it behind them and gave it a long look. It should not be too obvious it had been removed. Then he smiled sadly and turned back to the Hanar. ?A drink?? He walked over to the bar. Hopefully they would get to safety and call security back. He really hoped so.
    ?Why not make the best, while we wait for those criminals?? He asked the Hanar, but probably he wasn´t heard anymore. The metal to his right was bursting, as the outsiders made their way in . . .

Tag: Myself

Ventilation System, Inner Hull . . .

It was dark and the air was full ionized particles. And what most people did not consider, it was cold. Very cold, actually. No heating was in these parts and the air cooled down fast, when it came into contact with the cold, metal interior of the station. They were in the veins of Ashen. The life of all inside depended on this system. And probably nobody else knew better then Kai, whose job it was to keep them intact. They crawled around the first corner, when they heard the intruders break through the metal. Inside this tube it was unbearable loud. Then there was another noise, just as the beeping in everybodys ears stopped. The noise of metal on metal. Like tiny needles scratching on a metallic floor. And right above their heads something moved. Avoiding contact with them, not taller than a human hand a mechanic spider passed them in great speed. At the next corner it suddenly stopped, right in front of Kai, and scanned something. It was a SCU, a standard control unit, which took data from the system to alarm the central command of any loss of oxygen. With a green light it went over the unti and then picked into it, with it´s metal arm. All the time ignoring the mixed crew of people only meters away. "What is that?" One of the dancers asked.

Mara looked around in the dark. "I had no idea our maintaince equpiment is that sophisticated!" She hissed, but took out her gun finally.

Because they all knew, this thing was not part of Ashen´s equipment. It was something else. And it did not belong here.

[image=http://www.sksservices.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/robot-spider.jpg]

Tag: Corridorers

All others get an update later

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler
    Ventilation system - The Menry

"... Maybe your race is used to creeping around in the dark like this, bounty hunter, but my people weren?t meant for such things," Talmot said hoarsely.

"Suck it up, barkeep," Kesler responded. "It's either this or certain death...like the Doc and the jellyfish back there."

Then he heard the tinkling noise of a pin-point on metal.

"I had no idea our maintaince equpiment is that sophisticated!" Mara blurted out, regarding the spider-like robot.

Kesler hesitated, looking at the spider. His paranoia suddenly kicked in again. "You sure it's maintenance equipment and not a weapon or some spy device?"

TAG: those stuck in the ventilation shaft...

3. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala bar Oran
    Ventilation shaft

Kai stopped abruptly at the sight of the spider, causing a small pile-up with the asari dancers behind her. This was unlike anything she'd seen in Ashen before- perhaps some new maintenance drone Mac hadn't told her about? Unlikely.

While the others were talking, Kai brought out her omni-tool and scanned the creature. The readings were... distressing.

"You sure it's maintenance equipment and not a weapon or some spy device?"

"It's not one of ours." Kai said sharply, tapping rapidly at her omni-tool to try and disable the creature wirelessly. "Shoot it shoot it!"

[TAG all]

[b]OOC:[/b] Kai is, of course, attempting to Overload that thing :p

4. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Just out of curiosity, is the order of people in the vent as follows: Kai, dancer 1, dancer 2, Mara, Taylor, Kesler, Talmot?

IC: Taylor Harris
    Ashen Vents

The initial stuffiness of the air in the vent was quickly replaced by cold as the Menry escapees made their way through the cramped space. Taylor tried to fight back shivers as the cold bit though her clothing, lord only knew how the Asari dancers were coping, Her guess? not very well. They rounded a corner and suddenly a deafening noise came echoing down the narrow tunnel, causing Taylor to grimace as her eardrums were assaulted. It had came from the direction of the Menry, the commandos must have gained access. She thought of the doctor and the professor again and frowned. they shouldn't have left them there alone, but it was too late to turn back now. The deafening noise subsided and the ringing in Taylor?s ears faded, but another noise caught the Texans attention. It was quiet at first, but soon became clearer, the sound of something tapping multiple times against metal, it could almost be described as a scuttling sound. Taylor jerked her head upward when she saw something in the shadows flitting past them above their heads. Was that...a spider? A metal spider?

"I had no idea our maintenance equipment is that sophisticated!"

She heard Mara hiss and in the dim light she was certain she saw the younger woman pull out her pistol. Realisation hit Taylor like a bucket of ice water. Mara was planning on shooting the robot into little pieces. What was she thinking! She could end up puncturing the vent somehow or attract the commandos with the sound of gun fire, or even kill someone if the bullet ricocheted in the small space. Unless she was the sharpest shooter in the galaxy nothing good would come of this. From the front of the line the panicked voice of Kai and the glow of her omni tool filled the vent

"It's not one of ours. Shoot it shoot it!"

"No, DO NOT fire a bullet in here! Kai forget the fancy omni tool, just smash it!"

She said to Mara and the young Quarian urgently, feeling slightly helpless at being stuck at the back end of the line and not really being able to do anything

TAG: Fins, Livi, Menry people

5. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Ashen air ducts

A deafening bang sounded from down the tunnel as the Menry was breached. Shaking his head to fight off disorientation from the noise, Talmot scanned the dark expanse behind them, but was unable to discern any signs of pursuit.

It seemed to be growing colder the further they went. The quarian hadn?t mentioned that, he thought sourly, but she probably didn?t feel it snug inside that suit of hers. The rest of them would just have to try not to freeze in the meantime.

A rapid clinking of metal on metal announced that they were not alone. Talmot cocked his head, trying to gauge the proximity of the source. Whatever it was it was traveling towards them, fast. He shifted his weight, shuffling backwards with his weapon raised.

Something shot around the corner they?d just rounded, crawling along the ceiling of the duct above their heads. Talmot didn?t even have time to shout a warning. Everyone stopped, and the batarian couldn?t see well enough past the press of bodies to make out what their assailant was. A panicked frenzy of voices sounded from up ahead:

"It's not one of ours. Shoot it shoot it!"

"No, DO NOT fire a bullet in here! Kai forget the fancy omni tool, just smash it!"

What the hell was going on up there? Talmot moved to the corner where the thing had come from, leaning out to check for more. It looked clear.

Tag:Fin, all escapees

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Short reply, using what my brother gave me . . . combined with Draco, so to say. Got Fin´s okay.
    I´ll leave BLem and Kahn behind in the hangar, only realistic and that allows them to have their break.

Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Every shot hit. The thing did not even bother to dodge or escape. It just reached for her and tried to grab her, while shot after shot destroyed it´s vague human form. The leg, the arm, the head. Finally it burst apart, just as the beep beep beep coming from Avenger announced it´s overheating. In a perfect rifle to pistol transition Aleena drew her handgun and pointed it on the thing. Louren, who had given the thing his own round of shots stepped to the side, giving her cover. As Aleena approached, she sighed. "Okay, whatever this is, I never saw anything like it. Any of you?" She lay her heads to the side and saw blue fluid vanish into the grid the corpse . . . or carass, she wasn´t sure what to call it . . . was lying. Looking to the others she finally allowed her gun to drop and checked her omnitool. "Showed up on movmentbut not on heat. This thing seems to be human, but in truth I´d say it´s some kind of machine, right?" She shook her head. Looking up to the Human and the Turian she opened a comm-channel. "Louren and I proceed into the colony. You two stay behind and guard our gunship with your lives. Understood?" They nodded from above. "Affirmative."
    "You come with us." She turned to Beyane. "We might need a scientist to make any sense of this stuff." She pointed to the thing on hte ground. "And while we try to get an idea of what happened here, I am glad to hear any theories you might just have."

Aleena looked at Beyane and then turned, raising her Avenger VII again, while slowly stepping into the station. Beyane would be right behind her, Louren would guard her back.

She did not feel save, though. Not at all.

Tag: Dravo/Fin

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Mako, Outside the Colony . . .

"I am driving! I am driving!" Ellis screamed, obviously only now aware of Eyana´s bad condition. And a hell of a driver he was. Jumping over rocks, taking turns thought to be impossible to take, he was suddenly in life-saving mode. Nothing would stop him from getting the patient to Ashen in time. Eyana continued to stare at the ceiling and breath. A flat breath, which seemed to indicate she was fighting for every bit of air. But her face showed no suffering. Then suddenly her mouth opened and she released a single, almost violent scream. High and loud it sounded like a machine that broke down. But it came of her Asari mouth. She had a single spasm and then returned to her lying position.

"Okay, Lyle. Ashen won´t open the hangars. Seems the problems with comm are everywhere. This will be a bit rough." Ellis screamed from the front seat. And above Lyle heard the cannon unlock and turn. Ellis was aiming, planning on opening the hangar, the hard way . . .

Tag: Sarge

Ventilation System, Ashen . . .

It was too late. The overload could not be stopped and with a loud bang the little mechanic spider exploded. The sound was unbearable in the tight metal ducts and carried back and force like an evil echo. "GOD!" Mara shouted and held her ears. One of the Asari dancers had actually collapsed. The second screamed in panic. Only Kai had some protection through her suit.

And then there was another sound. As the hearing returned to everyone, they heard little legs on metal. And around the croner came another two of these spiders. From the sound it was obvious more were to come. "We need to get out of the ventilation, now." Mara gasped still in pain.

Tag: The Crawlers

Menry . . .

The explosion of the front door was surprisingly calm. Dr. Merlot would have expected it to be a much louder noise. He took a deep mouth full of the Barkeepers most expensive Whisky and looked at the hanar Professor. his people owed much to the Hanar. that might have been the main reason, why he was here. When their planet collapsed, it had been the hanar who had taken them in. These days they lived on one planet. "Professor, I´d say leave the talking to me and try not to get their attention." Merlot said and the Hanar seemed to confirm the strategy by ducking behind the bar. He did so by slowly lowering his body until it was gone. "Sorry for that." Dr. Merlot just said and threw a blanket he had found over him. then he walked out of the bar area and awaited the newcomers. He only waited a second, and then an assault rifle aimed at him and a fully armore man entered. Black and white armor of unknown origins. The way he moved betrayed his human origins. "I am alone. I have no weapon. My name is Dr. Merlot and whatever you want, just take it and do no harm to anyone, please." He said and raised his arms.

Another of the armored troopers entered. Then the girl. Her eyes were cybernetic. And new.

Tag: Newcomer

Unknown Colony . . .

Louren nodded and the salarian followed Aleena. Beyane in their midst. The Drell was holding her gun as if she had no idea what it was. She was no warrior. not at all. They walked down the corridor and reached a security station. usually this would have been the end of their way. Three gates, all a meter thick. Armored. Plates. Autoguns. There would have been no way through this point. But now the gates were open, the gun deactivated. Blood was on the floor. The pattern on the consoles told Aleena the shots had come from behind. From the inside. something that had come out of the station.

"By the Gods, look at this." Beyane gasped to the side. Louren stepped to her, as Aleena was busy. On the console was an outline of hte station. It was indeed surprising in it´s shape and form. "Aleena, you might wanna have a look. This thing here. It isn´t the station." The huge Salaarian stepped aside and gave the Asari a view on the true station. 36 levels i

8. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Vents

"Keelah!" Kai swore as the spider exploded with a loud bang. "I'm sorry!"

She looked around to see that the group was faring very badly indeed. One of the asari dancers had actually collapsed. "I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry!"

There was no way anybody was going to follow one of her ideas again. This was officially the worst vent escape ever. Compounding the problem was the sudden rise in clicking noises. More spiderthingies. Great.

"Oh crap oh crap oh crap-" Kai rapidly ran through the map in her mind. Luckily they'd just gone up into level 6, so the escape hadn't been a complete waste of time. "Follow me!"

Leading the rest of the Menry patrons as fast as she could, Kai quickly opened the nearest vent and tumbled out, waiting anxiously below to help everyone else.

[TAG Ventcrawlers]

9. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Mako, Outside Colony

"Be careful while you're at it!" Lyle snapped. Though Ellis assured that they were getting there as fast as they can, the miner could go without the bumps and other rocking motions that came with the Mako jumping over the rocky ground of planet and making turns that had Lyle's stomach doing somersaults when he feared that they were going to flip over.

He was also concerned for Eyana of course. As the asari continued to breathe while staring off into space, Lyle feared that all the jumping and tumbling would somehow make matters worse. So occupied by the way that the Mako was driving, Lyle jumped and nearly screamed himself when Eyana opened her mouth and screamed. And as inexperienced as Lyle may be when it comes to alien species, he was quite sure that the high, machine-like sound was hardly something that should normally come out of an asari's throat. That was when it hit Lyle that perhaps Eyana was suffering from something more then just a lack of oxygen.

Over the sounds of both the Mako and the driver's noise, Lyle carefully propped up Eyana and looked at her suit more carefully. The leak from before had been obvious so Lyle had no second thoughts that she had been suffering from lack of oxygen due to a compromised suit. But what if she had sustained something more then a leaky suit? That was what he was now checking as he sought to find any additional damage to her suit that he might've missed.

Overhead he heard the rotation of the Mako's cannon, Ellis having stated that he was going to open up the hangar doors. Manually it appeared. Lyle ducked his head, one ear pressing against a shoulder to deafen the coming noise while his other hand closed over his other ear. His free hand kept hold of Eyana as he continued to look for signs of anything unusual.

TAG: GM (whoever that may be :p )

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Air ventilation system

The spider-thing exploded.

Great. Not only was his stomach hurting, but now his ears hurt as well. He was near the end of the trail of Menry escapees so he didn't physically get much damage. Unfortunately, one of the Asari dancers wasn't so lucky.

Kesler swore.

More spiders approached.

He swore again.

Kai, leading the escapees, yelled, "Follow me," and opened one of the nearest vents. Kesler pushed the dancers along, including the unconscious one. Or, at least, he hoped she was unconscious and not actually dead.

Kesler began to slowly slide the unconscious dancer's body out of the opening to Kai. "Here. Take her first."

TAG: Livi and others in the ventilation system...

11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Gateway

"This here is only the entrance." aleena had expected a lot, even certain death. but this made her jaw drop. This was a city, a giant city inside a mountain. Or probably inside the whole chain of mountains. That was incredibly more than she had been looking for. "By the Gods." she whispered. And then her natural conclusion came to her mind. "The council needs to know this. They need to know of this . . . " She breathed in and looked around, suddenly much more vigilant. This could house legions and legions of what they had seen earlier. but hten her thoughts sorted themselves. It couldn´t. No way they could bring here food and supplies for such a city without major, very major ship traffic. No, this had to be largely abandonned. Otherwise their would have be imported ressources. It was an imperative when you lived on a planet like Moloch.

Aleena sighed. the next words came out a lot more dedicated than she truly was. "Find me a way inside. I wanna have a look at this thing." she said and looked at Beyana. Then she turned to Louren. "This will be a tough ride, probably. Keep eyes, ears and all other senses up. We can not be surprised when we go down there." checking her cooled down weapon again, she wondered . . . how many of these things she encountered earlier were down there? It seemed to be an artificial creature. Maybe not needing food. "Can you find any energy sources down there?" She asked Beyane then. Energy could keep thing going. Especially when she assumed hese things needed no food. She had neither the weapons, men or armor to face a few millions of those things.

Tag: Fin

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Sorry about my sudden absence, work has been beyond crazy busy these last couple of weeks quick reply for now though

IC: Taylor Harris
    Vent escape

Taylor?s cries ended up being in vain as before Kai had managed to disable the spider, the robot blew up. She did not expect such a severe shock from such a small thing and in the tight cramped vents the effect of the explosion was even worse, the sound alone rattling Taylor?s brain through her ears and making her head spin. Mara cried out, Kai apologized repeatedly as and Taylor swore, instinctively clamping her hands over her ears despite it being a total waste of time and effort. Looking up towards Kai, she noticed one of the Asari dancers had not fared so well and had fallen unconscious. Wounded? Or was it worse? She couldn't tell but suddenly Kesler was on the case, making his way to the front to help the knocked out Asari

Taylor jumped clumsily from the vent, the landing lacking any sort of style or grace as she braced her hand against a wall and slid down into a sloppy seated position against it. She needed to get herself pulled back together, her ears were ringing and her head was pounding. Her hand flew to the holster at her hip, at least a little relieved that her trusty pistol was still there.

"Ugh I have a headache the size of Omega"

She groaned to herself as she stood up on aching legs. Her hazel eyes then fell on to the unconscious Asari. Damn it this is why they needed Merlot!

"Is she alright?"

She asked Kai and Kesler, concern apparent in her voice

TAG: Menry Escapees

13. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Andrew Kesler
    Escaping the ventilation system

After helping the other women out of the open vent, Kesler hopped down himself, his stomach still seeming to give him trouble.

"Is she alright?" Taylor asked.

Kesler reached down to the Asari's body. He felt for a pulse and then put his ear close to her face, listening.

He looked up at Taylor and the others. "She's breathing. I'm no doctor, but that's gotta be a good sign."

(ooc: I made the decision to keep the Asari dancer alive. If that's not what the GM's want, then please correct me.)

TAG: People who are in, or just got out of, the ventilation system...

14. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Ashen Colony; Level 6

The last one through the vent, Talmot made sure to replace the metal grating as best he could, hoping that whatever those things were in there, they would go about their business now that the intruders had cleared out of the duct. The others had clustered around the wounded Asari, trying to determine how badly she was hurt.

"She's breathing. I'm no doctor, but that's gotta be a good sign."

He grunted and joined them, setting his weapon aside and kneeling down beside Kesler to get a better view. The batarian had seen his share of explosions during his time with the Blue Suns, and had experienced first-hand the debilitating effects.

"Doesn?t look like she was hit with any shrapnel. No burns either. Might have an internal injury though," he offered. "Or the noise was just too much for her to handle and she shut down."

Talmot glanced up, his obsidian eyes finding Kai. If the quarian hadn?t rallied them together and found an exit when she did, he was sure things would have ended a whole lot messier. Now there?s an interesting story for the Fleet.

"Not sure there?s much we can do for her here, in any case. We can carry her to Engineering and find some help from there."

Tag: Menry escapees

15. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Hallway, Level 6

"Agreed."

Kai had been hovering nervously close by, her hands tugging compulsively at the strip of blue cloth wrapped around her waist. The quarian was no medic, and she had been sure that the asari was dead. To find out she was still breathing had almost made her collapse with relief. Returning to the Fleet having killed someone was not likely to get her on a ship.

"Engineering is just down the hall, to the right." She pointed, her omni-tool still glowing around her arm. In all the excitement, Kai had totally forgotten to shut it off. "There's medi-gel there for accidents."

She looked up at the vent. "We should probably get away from that as soon as possible. Knowing our luck, there are more spider things on the way."

[TAG Menry escapees]

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Andrew Kesler
    Level 6

So the Asari may have internal injuries. But she was still alive for the time-being.

The others had decided to head further down the hall where they could help the Asari dancer. Someone mentioned the words "carry her".

Kesler examined the young, scantily-clad dancer. She appeared small and light-weight. He shouldn't have any trouble carrying her...as long as his stomach didn't get any worse.

Kess knelt down next to her, picked up the dead weight, and hoisted her up across his shoulders fireman style, a technique he learned in his military training from years ago.

"Alright," he grunted. "Let's go."

TAG: other Menry escapees now on Level 6...

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: The Asari is alive, I thought she had just lost consciousness. I´ll update everyone as soon as I find time, probably tomorrow. Word from Sir_Draco says he will stay a while over there, seems to be in a daily heroic mode. Said there is a lot of "clean up" to do. But I got "material" from him for a few more weeks, so it should all progress as planned. A new player will also join us soon. Already approved her CS.

18. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Unknown Colony

Beyane nodded. Obviously she did not like the idea, but she knew it had to be done. Louren wandered to the corridor and then suddenly stopped. "Madam." He just said and his voice indiciated how urgent he needed aleena to be there." He raised his oversized gun and pointed it at the many small objects crawling over the floor. Mechanical spiders were opening plate by cutting through them. Some where ripping cables from the ceiling. It were about fifty of them, busy deconstructing the corridor that lead to somethzing like a storage room. Harvesting it for mateirals, carrying them back to the room behind them, once they could not grab any more.

"What the hells are they?" The Salaarian asked and looked at Aleena.

"Got it, lift awaits us at the end of the corridor." Bayane smiled and turned. Then she saw the little robots, too and looked at her two guardians.

Tag: SirakRomar

Level 6

The Asari seemed to wake up, but still couldn´t talk. A superficial look to her head showed, she had probably rammed her skull into the walls of the duct, when the loud sound of the explosion had shocked her. Once the last of them was outside the venitlation system a single metallic spider dropped out of it, but immediately began to move away from them towards the engineering.

It was that moment the lights flickered. And scratching and hissing sounds could be heard from the engineering room at the end of the corridor. From the control room to their right they heard another voice. A human voice that was obviously frustrated and angry. "I don´t know what kind of technology it is. Obviously they activated it and now it is tearing their own station apart. no. No. Don´t know. Maybe they are suicidal. Hell, how should I know. Miranda did the background checks and what can I say, if the Administrator can pull of such things and we somehow did not know about it, we need to have some serious chatter with her." then there was a little break. "Wait, I think someone is outside." They heard the mans voice and hten the click of a readied weapon.

[image=http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/820/masseffect2201004071149.png]

Tag: The Level 6 crew

Ground hangar

the sound was every bit as bad as Lyle had expected it. a massive thundering bang went through the Mako as they blew up the doors and then a howling acceleration of their engines, as the Ellis tried to make it into the hangar, before the emergency doors closed. The Asari did not react to any of it. she just breathed and stared up. Something was hit. Most likely the gun was ripped of the Mako, as alarm and red light suddenly dominated the scene. the rumbling ended though and Ellis shouted back. "We´re in!" he laughed out, as if he had not believed it himself. "We´re in!"

And just as joy could have spread about it, Lyle saw something under the Asari´s spacesuit. Something moved inside of it. As if it had cralwed into it.

Tag: Sarge

19. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Taylor Harris
    Level 6

Taylor watched as Kesler picked up the unconscious Asari and started to move off, relieved when she stirred a little and slowly came back to consciousness. Awake yet silent, she was either near catatonic with shock or had suffered a concussion, or maybe both. The quicker she received medical attention the better. As they neared engineering, the lights suddenly started flickering and the sound of hissing and scratching echoed down the corridor. A chill ran down her spine as she glanced back in the direction of the vent, but her guard went straight back up when the sound of a male voice came from a room to their right. It was most definitely human, and judging by his tone he was angry and frustrated.

"I don?t know what kind of technology it is. Obviously they activated it and now it is tearing their own station apart. no. No. Don?t know. Maybe they are suicidal. Hell, how should I know. Miranda did the background checks and what can I say, if the Administrator can pull of such things and we somehow did not know about it, we need to have some serious chatter with her."

A suspicious look crossed Taylor's face as she eyed the door. It sounded like their was only one person on the room. Yes he was talking to someone but it was though other means, a radio or communicator most likely. Whatever the case, he was talking about what was happening to the station, what was happening to them. She looked at her fellow colonists, including herself, four of them were armed. Their odds here were better, They would outnumber him, and if they could corner him it would be an opportunity to see what he knew, if anything.

"Wait, I think someone is outside."

The man said, and though the door the familiar click of a readied weapon could be heard. Taylor's eyes widened in realisation and she quickly positioned herself in cover at the side of the door, her pistol drawn and ready

TAG: Level 6 team

20. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Level 6

The lights flickered overhead, followed by scuffling from farther down the corridor. Talmot blinked. Somebody was talking. Close?a room to their right only a few steps ahead. He held a finger to his lips, indicating that the others remain silent.

There was only one distinct voice coming from within the room. Maybe using a communicator?but that didn?t seem right, considering communications in Ashen were down. He shook his head and listened.

"I don?t know what kind of technology it is. Obviously they activated it and now it is tearing their own station apart." Something had indeed gone very wrong. Had the miners unearthed something unknown below Moloch's crust, something hostile?

More muffled words. Mention of someone named Miranda, and an administrator. This guy knows Taloz? Did that mean he worked for United Mining? Not likely. Those hrakhor back at the bar sure weren?t miners.

The talking stopped. An audible click. So he?s got some hardware too.

Harris quietly moved against the wall, close to the doorway, weapon drawn. Talmot met her eyes and shrugged uneasily, hefting his shotgun. If whoever was in that room was truly alone, then he?d likely be outgunned. But that didn?t mean simply barging into the room was a good idea. The batarian had a feeling this stranger might prefer to shoot first and talk later.

If they couldn?t go in, they would have to wait for him to come out, and hopefully catch him with his pants down.

He settled opposite Taylor and waited.

Tag: Fin, those outside the control room

21. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

Well, things just kept getting better and better, didn't they? Kai jumped nervously as she heard a skittering from the vent behind them, and had to will herself consciously not to look back. She was supposed to be guiding this group to safety, after all. If they could just-

Like the rest of the group (apart from the asari, who was still out cold) Kai heard the voices coming from the control room and stopped dead.

"I don?t know what kind of technology it is. Obviously they activated it and now it is tearing their own station apart."

Technology? Kai strained to listen. Could it be that mysterious colony plan Mac showed her?
    "No. No."[/i] The man was obviously on a communicator, which in itself was strange as all the comms had been deactivated as far as Kai knew. "Don?t know. Maybe they are suicidal. Hell, how should I know. Miranda did the background checks and what can I say, if the Administrator can pull of such things and we somehow did not know about it, we need to have some serious chatter with her."

A long pause. Kai noticed that she'd been listening so hard she was holding her breath.

"Wait. I think someone is outside."

Quickly, the quarian deactivated her omni-tool and reached for her pistol, scuttling to take up position behind Taylor.

[TAG Level 6 folks]

22. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Draco approved

Name: Cira
    Species:
    Human
    Position: Commander (Cerberus)
    Equipment: Advanced Prototype Omnitool KZ-9; Stiletto X handgun, encrypted comm-unit
    Biography: Cira was once a proud member of the earth defense forces. But already at yxoung age she was considered a talent and therefore send away to train with the galaxies best. Little did her superiors know about how insulted she was by that decision. Training with aliens. When all she had always wanted was to train for the war to end all wars. When humanity would overcome the alien thread and rule the galaxy. Now she was taught alien customs and intergalactic strategies. She went missing at her first mission and only a year later turned up as a member of Cerberus. Since then she has devoted every second of her young life to human supremacy. she even went that far to replace her eyes with technological counterparts to have a better technical understanding.

[image=http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6121/b57faf6df04e3908448c16d.jpg]

23. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: Just was on the phone with Fin, huge update comes on Saturday. He is in the US this week and has to work. Asked me to let you know.

Cira
    The Menry

The hole in the iron door was big enough for her to slip through it comfortably. Her men had already secured the other side. Her men. She had to get used to the thought of being in command. But the Illusive man had been as clear as always when he told her cell she would be in command on Ashen. And Cerberus took the chain of command very serious. She surely took it serious. Taking her sidearm from her belt she looked around. She would have liked to give the two prisoners a sardonic smile or something like that. But she did not feel like smiling. This whole operation had gone terribly wrong. The Bounty Hunter was gone and with him the only source of information they had. Their infiltrator was nowhere to be found. "Cira to Manfred. Anything new on this security droid that crawl around everywhere? They seem a little too advanced for my taste." She talked over her communicator to their man inside the machine deck. She regretted having him send alone down there. The raid had been meant to last 9 minutes. Now was minute twelve.

"I don?t know what kind of technology it is. Obviously they activated it and now it is tearing their own station apart."
    Manfred´s voice sounded concerned. More concerned than it should have.

Ignoring the two prisoners, she sighed and rolled her artificial eyes. They hurt, when she did that.

"Tearing apart? Okay, great. Have they attacked you?"

"No. No."

Frustrated Cira kicked a chair that was nearby. "Then what are they up to?"

"Don?t know. Maybe they are suicidal. Hell, how should I know. Miranda did the background checks and what can I say, if the Administrator can pull of such things and we somehow did not know about it, we need to have some serious chatter with her."

Cira could imagine miranda breaking every bone in manfreds body while having a good time. But she did not share her slicers idea of the origin of these droids. Had they come too late? Was this alien technology? Had the Mandrins woken up after all?

"We need to assume that this might not be a defense strategy. Work under the assumption, this might be a second attack. We need to find out what is going on and how infected the Colony is and we need to gind out NOW, do you copy? Do you . . ."

"Wait. I think someone is outside." His voice sounded ocncerned. And then his gun was readied. Cira looked at her prisoners. Then at her men. "Take care of it, I send you reinforcment." Was all she said and she nodded to two of her men. They turned and began to srpint to the next elevator. Only herself and Tesla, her second in command remained. and her two prisoners, held by Tesla at gunpoint.

"I am Cira and nobody needs to die. We want only the outsider you treated for a gunshot wound, earlier this week. Doctor." She hissed the last word, showing she had more info in them than they had on her. "Tell me where he is and won´t need to harm your jellyfish friend over there, little lizard." She added and pointed her gun at the hanar she assumed to be the fabled Professor. She was done playing games. This operation would not be a failure.

Tag: Fin

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Level 6

He was carrying the young Asari when she began to wake.

Kesler, the now infamous bounty hunter, had visions of her freaking out and hitting Kesler trying to get out of his grasp. Not wanting anymore pain, he quickly said, "Just relax, relax. It's okay. You're safe."

To his surprise, the young woman didn't put up a fight. She may have still been groggy.

Then there was a voice from down the hall and the sound of a weapon ready to fire.

The few Menry escapees who were carrying weapons readied theirs as well. Kesler decided it would be much safer, for him and the Asari dancer he was carrying, to hang back and let the armed people handle the situation.

There seemed to be a stand off. No one wanted to be the first to shoot. Kesler stood and waited for something to happen...

TAG: all Level 6 people...

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Back and tomorrow will come an update. I was briefly in contact with Draco and he sends his regards. He is very happy we managed to play on without him. Best of luck to him. He was pretty near that second quake on the coastline, I believe. May God bless him! [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.