main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Menry

The worst of all truth was the one that brought no profit to the wise.

She was damned. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" She suddenly yelled and shook her head violently. "GET OUT!" The eyes. They had promised it would nto happen. It could not happen. What had gone wrong? She had to get rid of them. Better blind than their puppet.

"Doctor, you need to operate me. You need to cut my eyes out!" She yelled at Merlot and grabbed him. "They are in my eyes. THEY!" She hissed. And the pain in her head grew worse.

Resistance.

Was futile. She was doomed. She was doomed.

"Please!" She dropped to her knees and began to cry.

Tag: Fin

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Elevator

When Lyle saw the cutter strike the charging monster in the shoulder, the miner couldn't help but briefly glance down at the tool-turned-weapon in his hands. The shoulder? But he had been aiming at the legs! Either he was going to have to make some calibrations on the targeting lasers of the cutter or his hands were shaking too much to provide him with a decent shot. Still...

Nonetheless, it did the job and the elevators closed in the face of the monster, who rammed into the doors. Lyle jumped at the loud bang and kept his cutter pointed at the door, expecting it to just tear through the doors and keep on coming. But it didn't and soon there was nothing but the sensation of the elevator slowly making its way up. To where, Lyle wasn't sure. He had been pressing buttons at random, wanting the doors to close as soon as possible so he had no idea where the elevator was taking him. The only thing he cared about was that the lift to him as far away from that monster as possible.

And what was that, that he had just escaped from?

Trying to control his heart rate and his breathing, Lyle finally lowered the cutter, turning around so that his eyes could land on-

"Oh come on!" Lyle couldn't help but shout. "You slept through that!?"

Having not so much as made a sound, Eyana remained where Lyle had dropped her, completely still and silent. But she was still breathing so that had to be something.

"Oh yeah sure!" Lyle continued, waving his arms at the asari. "I'll just lay around and sleep right here! Sure there's a bunch of monsters occupying an abandoned base right now but I can trust the miner to drag me around everywhere, safe and sound!"

It was completely juvenile of course but it made Lyle feel better to express himself even if it was, as he said, juvenile. Confusion, desperation, and a whole lot of fear was currently balled up inside Lyle and just being able to shout and make fun of someone - even if they were currently unconscious - made him feel just a bit better. At least before he had to jump back into the fire. Christ, were there anymore of those monsters around the colony? And how did it get here?

Sighing, Lyle glanced down at the cutter and checked to make sure that the targeting lasers were calibrated correctly If he bumped into anymore monsters, he couldn't afford anymore knee-turned-body shots like the one he had just witnessed a minute ago in the hangar. He checked the charge as well. It was still good and he had a couple spare plasma energy batteries in case the current one ran out. It gave him a good couple dozen shots but, again, the plasma cutter was meant to be a tool, not a weapon. He'd rather have a gun. A big, nasty shotgun perhaps. But at least he wasn't defenseless.

"I'd rather not be alone," Lyle murmured to himself, again that need to just talk out loud. Turning to look at the unconscious Eyana, he nodded his head towards her. "No offense but I like my companions conscience."

The tension and stress starting to bleed out of him, even if by a little, Lyle tried to take this moment to clear his head and form a plan. In his mind came a mental map of the colony, complete with mess halls, maintenance bays, garages, even some of the restricted areas that Lyle knew was for the security personnel. Security checkpoints, comm rooms...bunks. Lyle could really use a warm bed right now. He had felt quite refreshed and happy when he had awoken this morning but in the past half hour he suddenly felt drained. The search for Eyana, Ellis and his crazy driving, the empty hangar, and now the monster.

Crap, what about Ellis? And the miners? There's still some out there on the search, possibly calling in a Mako that wasn't available to them. Comms weren't even working then either. If the oxygen in their suits run out...

He tried not to think about it. Lyle had friends out there but he tried desperately not to think about it. He was already too busy worrying about himself and Eyana. Speaking of which...

"Come on," Lyle spoke as he b

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Dr. Merlot
    Menry

The woman began to scream and panic. Dr. Merlot stepped back and gave he commando pal a look. The man was busy keeping the Professor in line, obviously. Then Cira, that was what they had called her began screaming about someone cutting her eyes out. Her eyes?

He decided it was time to act. He went to his knees and opened the emergency package he carried with her. "Your boss needs help, so I´d say you allow me to help her or shot me. But whatever you do, do it now!" Merlot hissed to the commandoe. The man nodded. Nothing more. Merlot ripped the injector out, just as Cira began to scream. He fingers clawed into her eyes. He stepped over and psuhed the needle into her neck. With a simple push, the heavy doe of morphine went into her blood circuit.

Merlot grabbed her as she collapsed. But he did not allow himself to be to distracted by this patient. He grabbed her handgun and looked at the Commando-Tropper. "So, are we allies or enemies?" He asked and looked at the weapon.

"This is Lyle Parker, Identification number 221A. I'm a miner of the Mining Corps that's assigned to this colony. Someone answer me please."

Merlot looked at his emergency comm. He sighed. "Hey Lyle. This is Merlot. Hell of a time to come back, really. Hell of a time. Are you okay?" Merlot asked and still held the pistol. The other man in his armor just stared at him. The Drell kepüt on talking, while he waited if he had to fight the human. He had never killed before.

Then again he did not intend to, now. He would shot the man´s leg. Or more likely. Get shot.

Tag: Sarge

4. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    GM Note

I wanted to stop writing those, I know. But here I am again. DRL has hit me hard and I will be buried in work for the next few weeks, probably. Anyway, I do not intend to let the game die (and matter what the rumors are or how many players are around or not, I end games as long as one damned player is left and we still got a few).

Therefore I can guarantee you I have ideas for the game and a plan how to progress with it and I WILL update as soon as possible. Just might need a few days. So I ask for a little patience.

Thank you.

-Fin-

5. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: We all have those real-life problems. No need to worry, Fin. I'm waiting patiently. :)

6. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: No probs, Fin. Take as long as you need! We'll be waiting :D

[b]Kai'Thala nar Oran[/b]
    [i]Level 6[/i]

Kai rolled her eyes, although the rest of the group couldn't see it. The Administrator was an ornery cuss at the best of times- what good was shouting at him going to do now? At the very worst he might leave them all down here on a whim.

"Sorry about that. Must be [i]comm interference[/i]." The quarian looked at Taylor and shook her head. "Administrator, this is Engineer Kai'Thala on Level 6. We are under attack and taking casualties. Please send immediate assistance."

[b][[TAG Level Sixers][/b]

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Okay, I managed to write one, I´ll do my next asap. But the p might pose a problem. Thanks for understanding, all of you.

Level 6, Control room . . .

the governor was silent for a moment. Then he laughed one barking laughter and replied. "No problem with the comm, Quarian. And to answer your question, I was dreaming of a colonya I manage where actually people are competent and smart, Taylor. guess what, you made no appearance in that damned dream!" Mara looked at Manfred and took him aside while the others talked. Quick whispers were exchanged between them.

The Governor talked on. "Listen to me now, you bunch of lucky bastards. the situation is we got an unhcounted number of dead. And a lot of machines running through our halls attacking us. any these things are smart. smarter htan any robot I ever met. Now comes the catch. That was the good news. Bad news is it looks . . ." The Governor seemed to have problem announcing his next words. He was the coldest man any on the colony had ever known, but he had a heart somewhere and it hurt as he spoke now. One could hear it in his voice no matter how bad he tried to hide it. "Bad news. Red crew and Green crew seems to be dead. They seem to be all dead. none of them returned."

"Holy!" the Barkeeper howled as he stepped closer to the comm. The Governor had just declared two thirds of the colony dead. A thousand men.

"And they machines sealed the crew quarters of blue crew. So i need you to do something about it." The governor grew more and more intense now. "Listen, you are all I got out there. And we seem to have some human troopers around, but frak them. What I need is someone to get my people out of their quarters, get them weapons and then it is time we shoot back. Because there is no way we can evacuate all our people. So we defend this peice of crap, or we´re all dead. You read me?"

Mara was suddenly behind them. "Looks like we´re sitting in one boat here. As we humans say."

Tag: Crew

Sarge, Sirak, TSG you all got updates in hte post above or in your PM box.

8. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Parker
    Elevator

Lyle practically sagged with relief when he heard a reply over the comms. More importantly, it was someone he recognized; Merlot was their main medical man...drell...doctor on the colony. Hearing that the doctor alive gave Lyle a lot of hope, especially when it came to Eyana's condition, If their medical officer was alive, then surely there were other people alive and perhaps he was treating more survivors right now.

"Damn glad to hear your voice doc," Lyle replied and glanced up at the elevator's display. Elevators, he found, tended to go very slow so he wasn't surprised he hadn't reached the floor that he had randomly hit. "Where are you at? I got a wounded asari here that could probably use your help. I don't know how bad but some medi-gel certainly wouldn't hurt. And..."

Lyle trailed off, not sure if he should continue. Maybe Merlot would think him crazy with what he was about to say next - perhaps the rest of the colony hadn't been experiencing any problems - but Lyle had to make sure.

"I've encountered some hostilies," Lyle continued. "Some kind of metal spider was gnawing on the asari - it's Eyana, by the way - and in the hangar I encountered some...monster. Like some human that had been welded into a machine or something. I dunno but I can tell you that it wasn't friendly. Has anything such as that been going on around here while I was away?"

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler
    Level 6

"So it's up to us?" he asked no one in particular.

He took a quick glance around the room, examining the people that were left. It certainly didn't look like a team of commandos. "Is there any way for us to get bigger and better weapons?"

He was determined NOT to die in this stinkin' colony.

TAG: other Level 6ers...

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Oops. Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to give a congratulations to this game and the RPF Award winners in the game.

=D=

11. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

"Listen, you are all I got out there. And we seem to have some human troopers around, but frak them. What I need is someone to get my people out of their quarters, get them weapons and then it is time we shoot back. Because there is no way we can evacuate all our people. So we defend this piece of crap, or we´re all dead. You read me?"

Kai tugged on her hood. Surely she couldn't have heard that correctly?

"Administrator, are you crazy?" she blurted. "Did you hear what I said? We've suffered heavy casualties and we're surrounded by unkillable robot death spiders. We can't even get out of this room, let alone mount some kind of crazy commando raid!"

[TAG Fins, level sixers]

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Level 6, Control Room

The Adminostrator gave one of his famous grunts. Usually a sign to shut up or get fired, but that was hardly an option right now. "Listen Kai you do not understand. you get them out of there, or you´ll watch everybody you know on board around here die. and then you need to come with a plan how we fight back a few hundred of those things wis a dozen men, understood!" He yelled at her. Then he calmed himself. "And indeed I know where to get better weapons from and how you escape the monsters besieging you. I am the freaking, karking administrator AFTER ALL! get away from the center of the room. Mac will tell you everything else. Administrator out. Damned these idiots of miners . . . " The connection cut off and Manfred looked up. Then he leaped aside as a huge metal plate came down. Mara turned and raised her gun immediately. It had sealed an old lock above. And the men who opened it grinned down on the survivors. "Hey ho." The old Collin greeted and his still a little companion Hans was next to him. The two run down miners were obviously proud of their surprise.
    "Kai, is that you? God thank that you are still laive!" The younger face of Mac pushed the two aside and laughed out. He had a big assault rifle of the type Avenger III in his hands. Mara looked at the others, than up. "Fine, you got us an exit. You don´t got one of those for all of us, by accident?" She asked. Collin grinned. "Sweety, I don´t wanna get your blood boiling and all . . . but we´re up here in the frakin´ weapon chambers."

Mara grinned. "You know what? For that news I´ll let you live with calling me sweety." Turning to Manfred she became serious again. "Get all the data you need." Then she turned to the others. Kesler, I´ll trust you on this one. If you are here because someone paid you, you would be a lot more stupid than I think you are. No payment will help you when you´re dead. Kai, Taylor, Talmot. Get all up there and get guns. I´ll see if I can leave our little friend out there a price behind." Mara sighed out and looked up.

"Mara to Cira, Mara to Cira. We are . . ." She had her finger at her earpiece. "Cira? Stop shouting about your eyes, Cira." she ripped the earpiece of her ear. "Manfred." she then said and looked at it in shock. "YES?" he aske,d as he began working on the computer. "I am in command now."

Tag: Level6ers

Elevator and Menry

Cira kept on screaming. ?Cut them out, my eyes MY EYES!? And Merlot did the only thing he could. He pushed another dose of tranquilizer into her bloodstream and allowed her to collapse. As he looked up the soldier right in front of him looked down to him, the gun pointed at Merlot´s head.
    "Some kind of metal spider was gnawing on the asari - it's Eyana, by the way - and in the hangar I encountered some...monster. Like some human that had been welded into a machine or something. I dunno but I can tell you that it wasn't friendly. Has anything such as that been going on around here while I was away?" Merlot cleared his throat and stared at the gun pointed at his face.

?Oh, we have a commando raid upon us which seem to be separate from said metallic spiders I recently discover, too. No monsters so far, but some of the humans who visit us so uninvited are not far better.? Merlot said. Still staring at the gun. ?Bring Eyana up to Level 3 into Medbay.? Merlot cooly replied. The commando before him lay his head aside. ?You go nowhere, reptile.? He hissed at him. ?Yes I do.? Merlot only replied and pushed the trigger of the gun he had snatched from Cira. He had been hiding it behind her back and the shot hit the commandoes head and killed him immediately. Merlot sighed. The first human he had ever killed. Lowering his head he tried not to remember this moment but knew it would be with him, always. ?Get there, I´ll wait for you Lyle. And keep yourself alive. We need every man now, I am afraid.?

Tag: Sarge

13. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony or whatever it is

The climb had needed an hour. As she sat down to the ground level she already smelled the burned flesh and dead bodies. This was no colony. It was a tomb.

"Beyana, do you read me?" She asked. "Loud and clear, Aleena." The reply came immediately. "How is it up there?" Aleena asked. "Quiet." A little pause. "Down there?" Aleena smirked. "Too quiet." Raising her Avenger she leaped out of the elevator shaft and looked around. checking every corner, every pathway. She was alone. For now. A quick glance at her omnitool told her the way and she started walking. No time to loose. If she wanted to have any success, she had to reach the central command before anybody knew down here she was here.

Steps lead downwards and she realized their were massive doors in the wall, ready to shut when alarm was triggered. Nobody had triggered it. The first signs of battle crept slowly into sight. Soon they were everywhere. A Turian who had been torn apart lay in a corner. another one had been electrocuted and his smoking remains still spasmed as his arm remained inn the energy relay. Aleena resisted the ruge to use her biotic powers to end it. She needed every bit of strength she could find.

[image=http://application.denofgeek.com/images/m/corridors/Aliens2.jpg]

Every step she took inside this thing was one she had to run to get out later. It made no sense. No sense at all. Once the things found her, there would be no escape. "Beyana, what exactly do I need to do once I found communications?" Aleena asked. checking her weapon she felt tears in her asari eyes. The smoke was biting.

14. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    The Realm of the Dark Dreaming

The voices grew less hostile. More reasonable. And soon she had a hard time seperating hr voice from theirs. Or was it one? Did she had an own voice? Did she need one?

Cira felt the drugs and the pressure on her mind. And both seemed to melt.

Resistance was futile. Futile? Resistance? Resist what?

Everything was fine.

The Reapers spoke.

And Cira listened.

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    A Word from the GM, again

I know. I know. I said there would not be anymore of these posts. And here is another. [face_laugh] [face_blush]
    As the social boards are already full of chatter about it, let me make it official.

This game will end at the 27th of July!

Meaning:

1. My break from activity is over.

2. The Endgame has begun.

From now on I´ll give this game posting priority until it´s conclusion. Expect three updates a week minimum from my side. I understand if you cannot keep up to that speed or if you might not be able to participate in that intensity, but to those who would like to see a conclusion I offer one. Everybody else I´ll try to drag along.

It is actually the original plan of Draco put into effect now, with some of the middle acts left out.
    That said I thank you all for staying with us so far. Considering how troubled the game was we had remarkable few losses on the player side. I appreciate all of your loyalty to both of us GMs a lot! I hope I´ll give you the conclusion you guys and girls deserve!

yours
    -Fin-

16. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: I´ll be there. Give me an update and get the ball going. :)

17. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: I'm in :D Will try and keep up as best I can, and I'm very excited for the next update.

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Count me in too

19. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

"Mac?!" Kai squinted through her visor, hardly able to believe what she was seeing. "Great ancestors, it is you!"

The questions came in a rush as she reached up to the weapons locker to be pulled inside.

"How did you survive? Have you seen the spiders? Keelah, I thought you were dead, Mac! Why didn't you contact me? I thought I'd never see your stupid pink face again."

Picking up a heavier pistol to replace her own, Kai also helped herself to a shotgun, checking that the rest of the weapons were untouched by the machines that had swarmed the colony. Having taken care of her own armaments, the quarian started passing weapons down to the rest of the group.

[TAG Level Sixers]

20. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    :eek: So soon! Well, then let's make the next month of posting worth while.

[b]IC: Andrew Kesler[/b]
    [i]Location: Level 6 someplace[/i]

The metal ceiling lowered revealing two people saying they had a weapons chamber.

"Weapons chamber?" Kesler asked. "I gotta check this out." He walked over to the opening and hoisted himself up behind Kai.

Wall-to-wall guns and ammunition. He was in heaven. "Holy crap." He reached out and grabbed an assault rifle of some kind that he didn't recognize. He felt the weight of it in his hands. "Nice."

[b]TAG: Other Level 6 people...[/b]

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: So we begin. Awesome to have you guys with me in this. So this is an update for Sarge and Sirak to begin with and huge one for the crew. That one will probably railroad you a bit though a scene or two, but it serves as an OP for my final two sequences of the game. Enjoy!

[color=crimson][i]Unkown Colony ? Underground . . . [/i] [/color]

The screams were the first thing she heard. Then the steps. First the heavy one, then the lighter, more metallic ones. And suddenly a Salarian came around the corner. He screamed. He screamed as if death itself was after him. ?RUUUUUUUNN!?

[image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs47/i/2009/213/6/1/Spider_II_by_xxtjxx.jpg]

Behind him a hundred red eyes of at least thrity metallic spiders who moved with an unnatrual speed appreared and made it around the corner. They were coming. Fast. Closing in on him.

And with her unquestioned feeling for timing Beyane choose this moment to ask: ?Everything okay down there??

Something else, something bigger stomped into the metal floor. It was still somewhere outside of Aleena´s sight, but it was coming.

[b]
    Tag: SirakRomar[/b]

[hr]

[color=crimson][i]
    Level 6, Level 5 and beyond . . .[/i][/color]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNjQtkEaTU&feature=related]Soundtrack - The Colony[/link]

One by one they all climbed up into the weapons-chamber. Mara did not waste any time with talking, but stepped forward got two guns and an assault rifle. ?Any grenades?? She asked. ?Only non-lethal.? Collin replied, slowly walking after her. The old man obviously had a thing for her. She smirked. ?Idiots.? She only said this word and readied her weapons. She smiled as she turned the Avenger V in her hands.

Manfred had waited for his opportunity and as Talmot and the last Asari danncer crawled up, he dragged Kesler into one of the corners and whispered to him, pressing his words through his teeth. ?Listen. Mara. Mara is good. She is our best chance to get out of here. Looks like a little girl, but she is best of the best. But . . . Mara is loyal. Fiercly loyal. Your story. I get it. You got hired and drawn into this by bad luck. She knows it too.? He looked at her and Mara choose weapons for the other squad users and handed them to them. Manfred spoke on. ?Might follow orders anyway. Orders that said that if we cannot secure you . . .? He just raised his brows and sighed. ?Manni, I need you here.? Mara called him. He lost no second and walked over.

Mac looked at Kai as she greeted him and grinned. he knew her good enough not to embrace her. But he obviously would have liked to. ?You can call me whatever you want, glass-head, but it is good to see you! thank the gods you´re alive.? He smiled and somehow he was unusually bolt. He followed her a few steps, as kai went to the guns, but talked to all of them.

?Yeah, I had encounters with the spiders. All sorts of them. I think they reproduce from parts they find around here. Killed half my crew in the outer layer of the colony and they seem to . . . let´s just say when you think you know a face, but not the body . . . shoot it.? He shrugged. His smile was gone. Now he clearly showed his true feelings underneath. He was afraid. Terrified.

?They harvest us.? It was Mara now speaking. She looked at Kesler and Manfred then kai nad everybody else. ?That is what we from Cerberus thought all the time. This things are somehow related to this Repaer-creature that attacked Citadel. They seem to be relatives or something. We haven´t figured it out. But we believe they harvest planets for organic material. Or that was what they did 60.000 years ago.?

Hans and Collin nodded. ?We have seen machines all over the station they modified into weapons. Poor Henry. We found him on Level 4 and he was . . . half machine and half man. Man, he looked like a goddamned undead puppet to this apparatus they put him in.? Collin took out a small bottle of scotch and took a sip.

Mara nodded. ?And down there we got our indestructable tentacles. How many of those could they have?? S

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    oog: I fogrot a player, I am sooo sorry. i never forgot a player before in my life! Especially not you Leigh, my sincere apologies. Here is the update again, thiis time complete. Please ignore the one above!!!

ooc: So we begin. Awesome to have you guys with me in this. So this is an update for Sarge and Sirak to begin with and huge one for the crew. That one will probably railroad you a bit though a scene or two, but it serves as an OP for my final two sequences of the game. Enjoy!

[hr]

[color=crimson][i]Unkown Colony ? Underground . . . [/i] [/color]

The screams were the first thing she heard. Then the steps. First the heavy one, then the lighter, more metallic ones. And suddenly a Salarian came around the corner. He screamed. He screamed as if death itself was after him. ?RUUUUUUUNN!?

[image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs47/i/2009/213/6/1/Spider_II_by_xxtjxx.jpg]

Behind him a hundred red eyes of at least thrity metallic spiders who moved with an unnatrual speed appreared and made it around the corner. They were coming. Fast. Closing in on him.

And with her unquestioned feeling for timing Beyane choose this moment to ask: ?Everything okay down there??

Something else, something bigger stomped into the metal floor. It was still somewhere outside of Aleena´s sight, but it was coming.

[b]
    Tag: SirakRomar[/b]

[hr]

[color=crimson][i]
    Level 6, Level 5 and beyond . . .[/i][/color]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNjQtkEaTU&feature=related]Soundtrack - The Colony[/link]

One by one they all climbed up into the weapons-chamber. Mara did not waste any time with talking, but stepped forward got two guns and an assault rifle. ?Any grenades?? She asked. ?Only non-lethal.? Collin replied, slowly walking after her. The old man obviously had a thing for her. She smirked. ?Idiots.? She only said this word and readied her weapons. She smiled as she turned the Avenger V in her hands.

Manfred had waited for his opportunity and as Talmot and the last Asari danncer crawled up, he dragged Kesler into one of the corners and whispered to him, pressing his words through his teeth. ?Listen. Mara. Mara is good. She is our best chance to get out of here. Looks like a little girl, but she is best of the best. But . . . Mara is loyal. Fiercly loyal. Your story. I get it. You got hired and drawn into this by bad luck. She knows it too.? He looked at her and Mara choose weapons for the other squad users and handed them to them. Manfred spoke on. ?Might follow orders anyway. Orders that said that if we cannot secure you . . .? He just raised his brows and sighed. ?Manni, I need you here.? Mara called him. He lost no second and walked over.

Mac looked at Kai as she greeted him and grinned. he knew her good enough not to embrace her. But he obviously would have liked to. ?You can call me whatever you want, glass-head, but it is good to see you! thank the gods you´re alive.? He smiled and somehow he was unusually bolt. He followed her a few steps, as kai went to the guns, but talked to all of them.

?Yeah, I had encounters with the spiders. All sorts of them. I think they reproduce from parts they find around here. Killed half my crew in the outer layer of the colony and they seem to . . . let´s just say when you think you know a face, but not the body . . . shoot it.? He shrugged. His smile was gone. Now he clearly showed his true feelings underneath. He was afraid. Terrified.

?They harvest us.? It was Mara now speaking. She looked at Kesler and Manfred then kai nad everybody else. ?That is what we from Cerberus thought all the time. This things are somehow related to this Repaer-creature that attacked Citadel. They seem to be relatives or something. We haven´t figured it out. But we believe they harvest planets for organic material. Or that was what they did 60.000 years ago.?

Mara handed Taylor an Avenger rifle and nodded to her.

Hans and Collin nodded. ?We have seen machines all over the station they modified into weapons. Poor Henry. We found him on Level 4 and he was . . . half machine and half man. Man, he l

23. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 2 East

Kai had never known terror like it. The massive creature behind them was an abomination: meat and metal combined with slapdash hideousness to make a monster that she knew would haunt her dreams for a considerable time to come.

If, that is, the young quarian survived the next few minutes.

"Run!" She yelled, breaking into a sprint herself and bolting headlong for the door, already activating her omni-tool so that she could seal it behind them.

"Come on!"

[TAG Group]

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Corridors

The Salaarian seemed to come from nowhere. It just seemed so unreal anything alive was down here not consisting at least in good parts of metal. The things that followed him seemed to confirm that. Aleena raised her assault rifle, but almost immediately understood she could impossibly hit them all in time. With a heavy breath she allowed her rifle to drop and extended her arm. A thought. A second. And she willed the bluish fire into existence and released it through her pure strength of her mind, sending a wave of wrap-energy against the small robots that tried to kill the only living thing she had encountered here so far.

?Fine, Beyana. Very fine.? She pressed through her teeth.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Underground . . .

The blue energy erupted in a violent scream of power and the spiders were send flying down the corridor. Some were crushed by the initial impact; some just tumbled over the floor and then quickly found back to their feet and hurried away. One single one had been missed by the wave though and jumped at the Salaarian, who brought up his gun in time and fired on it. It exploded right before him. With a scream the Salaarian dropped his gun and stumbled backwards. ?My hand, dammit!?

Then he looked at Aleena. His breath was still heavy. He had run for a while. But the fear vanished from his eyes and immediately gave way to something colder, more calculating. ?Thank you Asari. Are you one of the external security people??

"Listen I got these spiders up here." Beyana said from her comm.

Tag: Sirak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.