main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Matrix Revolutions DVD to be released on April 6th

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Warner Home Video Gives Matrix Revolutions Details
    Another hint at a box set coming.

January 12, 2004 - Warner Home Video held a live chat to discuss the release of The Matrix Revolutions on April 6.

Anyway, among the factoids learned:

Due to piracy concerns surrounding this title, no screeners will be sent out, but participants in The Matrix Revolutions announce event will receive a free copy of the DVD around street date.

It will come in a 2-disc Amaray case (and there was much applauding).

The movie will not be bundled with other Matrix titles.

No audio commentary or Easter eggs, but they added "look for the white rabbit."

Total bonus material will run over 110 minutes.

There will be DVD-ROM features, including a link to The Matrix online game that's due to launch this year.

This is exactly what they said about a special edition: "The Wachowski brothers are extremely creative and have a rich and complex vision for this story and WHV is continuing to work with them to bring their vision to the fans. We have no specific plans for a special edition that we can discuss today."

Talk about a non-confirmation confirmation. Producer Joel Silver has said that he foresees a special edition box set, and Warner seemed to hint that one is indeed in the works.

2. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I bought the first one, but I'm holding out for the box set this time around. I hate that the first one was in the cardboard and now these are in a good keepcase. Give me a boxed set with all 3 in keepcases and I'll be happy.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Nice. I'm also upset that The Matrix, The Matrix Revisited, and The Animatrix are all cardboard, while Reloaded and Revolutions are gonna be regular boxes. I CAN'T WAIT TIL APRIL 6TH NOW!!!

4. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I personally can't wait for this DVD. But has anybody seen the cover for it? It's literally 4 theatrical posters shrunken down and looks absolutely horrible. Warner could have easily made a better cover for it.

5. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I have a feeling that it is going to be 4 different covers and that the press photo of it is just to show all four. I think it will be like the ROTK soundtrack where you pick the cover you like best out of all of them.

6. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    the ROTK soundtrack where you pick the cover you like best out of all of them

I seem to remember another movie sountrack that had 4 covers... :p

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmm... what to get... prolly either Neo or the Smiths... or Morpheus and Trinity... or the APU... DARN! Decisions decisions! I'll prolly get Neo tho.

8. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm definetely gonna get the Neo cover. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.