main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, GA May Meet

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Phoenix21, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Hi all!

We are meeting on May 15th at Books-A-Million on Macon Rd @ 3pm.

Our main goal is to see who all has tickets for the same show on the 18th/19th at midnight. The first movie starts at 12:05am on the 19th and tickets are available online or at the box office. I have mine and I know of atleast 8 who have picked up or ordered theirs.

Hope to see you all the Sunday before at BAM.

2. wookieefanPJM

wookieefanPJM Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    i have mine.

Hey if you are buying any of the food products tied in to star wars, how about save your packaging. Several folks are trying to save UPC symbols and that may help. Personally I need a Crispx UPC for the R2D2 bowl and I think cathy is trying to get the cookie jar. Lets see, I know there are tie ins with Keollogs, Crispx, Cheez its, pringles, M&M's, Pepsi!

3. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    We have a birthday this Month...

Buffy is inviting us all to her house instead for the May meeting. We will have a Star Wars birthday party for Heath (he never had one as a kid...that's a shame!) If your interested send me an email and I will be glad to get you some directions and/or on our email list. I will be sending out a reminder before the next meeting to Cols Fan Force email list.

Birthday gifts are welcome but not necessary! However, if you would like to bring a snack and drink - that would be helpful.

Hollie
    hbundy@acomnetworks.net

ps...please put SW in your subject line so I know what the email is about. :]

4. Darth_Decol

Darth_Decol Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
    Yall don't know me, but I have been posting hear a long time. I'm from Columbus, Ga but hardly ever posted in the section, mostly just spoilers and what not, plus i'm kinda young(19). I got 3 tickets to the midnight screening, but terms have come up in one of the people that was going to attend and can't make it. So I have an axtra ticket if anyone wants it(free of charge, just have to come get it.) I won't be at the meet but will be at the movie.

5. wookieefanPJM

Apr 13, 2005
    Maybe we can meet up with you b4 the movie and get ot meet you. We have younger folks in our group..so I promise we wont hurt you!

The more the merrier and you younglings make the group lots and lots of fun

6. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    OK, this is a long one...

Events for May:

Free Comic Book Day
    May 14th @ Cols Book Exchange
    One of the tie in comics will be Ep III from Dark Horse.

Cartoon Networks "Clone Wars" Marathon
    Starting at 7pm on May 14th

Costume Workshop @ Drew's (unoffical)
    Let me know if you want more info.

Interview Blurp on Channel 54 on Sunday, May 15th @ 10pm

Heath's Birthday party (unoffical meeting)
    May 15th

The PREMIER!!!
    May 19th @ 12:05am
    Some of us were thinking about meeting up for dinner beforehand. Jason's Deli was mentioned...closing time is 10pm and it's across the street.

May 21st 1pm-6pm @ Carmike 15 (unoffical)
    Cathy set up a time (kind of sur-of-the-moment) when she was finally able to get through to these guys to promote the club and movie. There will be two drawings and several people in costume. While there, they will try to recruit some new members. The more the merrier.

Since this is such a packed month there is only one offical club function - the Premier. However, we are looking forward to all the extra - unoffical - events that will be happening. Feel free to e-mail with any questions or to have your name added to the email list.

Hollie
    hbundy@acomnetworks.net

7. MotF

MotF Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2001
    We are busy for May.. WTG Columbus & Phenix City.

The function on the 21st of May at the theatre is a charity raffle for CMN. There will be two drawings. Membership drive & raffle donations are from 1-6pm in the main lobby.

Hope you'll swing by and say hi.

Cathy

8. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    Just found out the event planned for may 14th at Drew's has been changed to the night before. Please let me know who is interested.

Drew and Abbey are welcoming anyone to work on costumes and if you can't make it on the 14th they said please feel free to contact them and set up another day...

Just let me know and I can get you their phone number.

Thanks again,
    Hollie

9. Darth_Decol

Sep 26, 2002
    I mite be up for a pre meet, altough I work until 5:00pm everyday at the government center in the elections office. But sounds good.

10. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    Most of our group work regular 8-5 or 9-6 type jobs. Some are in retail and find out what they will work from week to week. Normally we meet on Saturday or Sunday. Let me know what your intested in doing and I can get you some directions or whatever. Feel free to contact me by e-mail (listed above somewhere).

Hollie

11. Phoenix21

Nov 10, 2003
    We had a great get together at Drew & Abby's last night.
    I'm re-working my cloak, Casey has added an excellent car paint job to his Vader helmet (looks awesome)and Ray has several items in the works - his Vader outfit, his wife's Jedi outfit and has started making his own lightsaber.
    Abby has some Vader material that she has used to make a pillow and a purse and Drew's currently re-working Boask to make his mask better. Looking good.

Hope to see you all at the Party tomorrow at Heath's.

12. Darth_Decol

Sep 26, 2002
    I tired but could not come to any this weekend. If yall do decide to do the dinner before the movie thing that's 99% do-able for me.

13. Cosmic_Knight

Cosmic_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Darth_Decol, we *are* planning on meeting at Jason's Deli around 9 PM before going to get in line for the midnight show. If this changes, I will try to post something here, if at all possible. Join us, or just stop by to say hey if you'd like. :)

14. wookieefanPJM

Apr 13, 2005
    Yes please do come by. We need to all meet up and get to know each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.