main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    Never too early to start planning. I suggest another prop day if possible, or maybe going to one of our houses and watching a bunch of movies and eating. Any other suggestions?

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    If anyone is up for May 22nd, I can most likely host it. My wife and kid will be out of town. I'm not really equipped for prop building here, but I'm definitely equipped for movie-watching and I have a grill, so that should get us through.

3. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    sounds very good as far as the activities. It'll give us more time to design the blasters/save up money/get supplies etc....For me, I'll have to check on the date, but I am sure with such advance notice I can get off. Much appreciation to you Dalton for offering to host. I hope soon to host a get together for us myself. Sounds great!

4. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    The 22nd sounds doable for me (unless Steph goes into labor). Is it, BYOB, bring your own beef, or should each of us bring something. Let's start making a list of what we can bring to this fabo meeting.

JMK

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I can handle the beef and buns. (Heh, heh! Shut up Beavis!)

But if you all want to bring things like snacks, chips, drinks, a side, whatever - that'd be good. Unlike Kevin, who is a very good hands-on host, I am a sucky host who just tells everyone to make themselves at home. :p

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    My wife informed me of an event she signed us up for on the 22nd. I may try to get out of it, but you know how that goes. (Sunday may be better for me, but it is ya'll's meeting.) MTFBWY.

JMK

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I can still host on Sunday. I don't imagine my family will be home until kind of late. If Sunday is doable for everyone, that's fine with me.

8. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I am unable to do anything sundays as I work a double shift. if only it was this sunday cause I have off...oh well, we'll figure something out. The Force will guide us ;)

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I was able to use an old Jedi mindtrick on my wife. Just kidding. Actually, she informed me that the obligation we had to go to started at 6pm. So as long as would do an early enough gig, I can make Saturday the 22nd. Are we looking at around lunch time?

Jedi Master Kel

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Cool! Saturday it is and around lunch time sounds good. We'll throw some burgers on the grill and a movie in the player and go from there.

If anybody from the surrounding FF's is interested in joining us, come on down!

May 22 ~noonish.

11. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    sounds great. now i wont haveta take off work which rocks! I can't wait.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Directions:

Probably the easiest way is to take Arlington Blvd. to Firetower Road. Turn right on Firetower. Take Firetower to the first stoplight and turn left on to Corey Road. Go about a mile and a half on Corey and you'll see a huge brick Faith Assembly of God Church on your left. I'm the second left after that church, it's called Vicksburg Road. There will be a street sign and a big brick sign for the subdivision, both which read Vicksburg. Turn left into Vicksburg, go to back of subdivision. You'll come to a "T" - turn right onto Greaves Court, and I'll be the first (only) brick house on the left (actually, in the cul-de-sac).

Be thinkin' about what we wanna watch and eat! I'll have burgers, but if you want something else on the grill, you may need to bring it. Right now I'm thinking we may have at least six if not more. Let me know who's in so I can be sure to have enough burgers and buns!

13. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I'll be there with chips and disposable plates. Let me know if you need me to bring anything else.

Can't wait for next Saturday. See ya'll there.

14. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    I'll be there. And I'll bring drinks if that's okay. Everyone like Pepsi?

15. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Pepsi sounds fine to me. Hi, Q. How are you?

JMK

16. tommyfielder

tommyfielder Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2003
    I am planning on being there. Dalton would you please give me a list of things to bring. I tried calling you tonight (Thursday) on your cell, but you were not around. You name it, I'll bring it. Also, if you would like me to come early to help you around the house or just to hang out I would love to.

Attention Emerald City members......
    Do any of you have a bicycle?
    I'm trying to get together some friends to alternate riding 13+ miles around Greenville during the week. I'm no athelete on a bike. I'm a normal over weight American looking for a few good people to ride with. Trust me it's fun. Dalton has been with me once and he loved it so much he says he wants to do it again. Heck, if the weather is good, I may ride to the meeting. Anyway, while on our treks through G'ville, we can discuss upcoming Star Wars plans and check out the beautiful scenary as we pedal through the trecherous streets of Emerald City. We will test our endurance while we endure our fatness! Who's with me! Oh, and before I forget, no orange vests, orange bike flags, bike headlights and bicycle helmets are allowed. I would rather see my gray matter splatter on the highway, than wear a styrofoam peanut on my head and look like a rainbow wearing anal astronaut.

Happy Trails
    See you Saturday

Tommy

17. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I am glad we're still on for tomorrow. I'll try to pick up some snacks...

18. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Thank you Dalton for hosting the meeting. It was awesome. Great hamburgers by-the-way. Again, thanks for sharing your home with us.

JMK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.