main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Mazzic's artwork - more Mara Jade!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mazzic, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hey there! I've been following your work over on deviantArt- I had no idea you were on JC! :D

I must reiterate how pumped I am you've drawn Lusa.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful!! =D==D= I can't tell you how great it is, seeing all this art of our now-lost, but fine young Jedi Knights! Each piece is so well composed, with so much emotion--Lusa is so beautiful (I love her hair and her costume!), and Dorsk 82 looks so noble and undefeated here, too; both of them are strong right up until the end... **gets emotional** Too much loss, in the NJO and LOTF... It's wonderful that you're going to the effort of reminding us of all these brave young Knights, though--a terrific undertaking, and the work is fabulous! =D=

FF

3. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    JediFalcon directed me here and I'm so glad she did! :D Wonderful art work, Mazzic. Thank-you for sharing.

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Each time I follow Falcon, Swan or bird I get confronted with wonderful art pieces.

=D=@};-

5. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Thank you all for the kind comments!

Here's a sneak-peak at my next illustration, "The Last Stand of Thrynni Vae." Apparently, she was beaten down by Gamorrean thugs and her body was jettisoned into space by orbiting Duro.

In this drawing, you can see more of my approach to an illustration. I do very rough black and white sketches of the characters, jiggle their positioning around, tilting, expanding, etc. I also do a very broad sweeping of the background colors, working my way forward. Usually, I concentrate on the most important figure last, but I always jump around from subject to subject.

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy! Would love any feedback you may have!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see those works of art and like to see more about coming to the finished picture.

Great work on Lusa

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice!

It's always interesting to go behind the scenes and see how the artist works. This is no exception! I'm looking forward to the final piece! :)

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Even in a sketchy form, this piece equals your others in energy and drama: I'm really diggin' the view of the planet below through the viewport--it's just perfect! Poor Thrynni...I wouldn't want to be in her shoes... Thanks for showing us the WIP--looking forward to the final product! :D

FF

9. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    looks really great. (but one has a dead link)

10. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Mazzic I just found this thread. I am extremely impressed with your talent of taking lesser known characters and illustrating their Last Stands.

Keep up the excellent work.=D=

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I indeed enjoyed your latest work, but also telling us én detail how you did it.

:D

12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Saw the Lusa one over in resource (someone listened!) and couldn't not come over here and have a looksie... love the moments depicted in these, with the teeth in the foreground like the woman on Corellia. Good job. :)

13. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Very powerful work.

14. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    And....I'm back. I wasn't happy with the composition of Thrynni, so I flipped the characters around. I really liked showing open space behind her.

15. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
  16. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    MORE!

I loved your Lusa. The fear in her eyes was drawn so beautifully in her eyes.

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I loved your Sarah Connor.

[face_love]

And your beautiful dinosaurs.

18. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
  19. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Very nice. Also glad to see that blog link. I've always enjoyed your stuff.

20. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Is it possible you can do a Kirana Ti picture?

21. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    Kirana Ti isn't dead yet! I've always been fascinated by the Dathomirian witches though. Perhaps another series (though you all are aware by now, how long it actually takes me to complete a project!)

Here's my work in progress for my next illustration, the Last Stand of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Drif_Lij]Drif[/url] Lij. I had fun drawing space stuff, so thought I'd take it to the next step. And who doesn't love coralskippers??

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_L5h5YEOZ3BU/SmaL4h6bpPI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/tBoEMBQTedk/s1600-h/Barabel01.jpg]WIP[/url]: Drif Lij

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Oh, wow. That looks great.

23. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    A bit more progress. I accidentally flattened my original version, and had to cut and paste...dang.

[​IMG]

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    But this is a masterpiece anyway.

=D=

25. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    A bit more progress. The Fleet Junkies wanted the Battle of Coruscant to be fleshed out a bit more...

[​IMG]