main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meet #26 | | Bowling!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Jeffbacca, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I completely forgot about the super bowl, double trouble since i have made plans for that night. Plans that start early that day. My apologizes for the premature datage.

How about the sunday after that: Feb. 13th?

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    That's fine with me. Boston's meet will probably be on the 20th.

3. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I don't know yet what my plans look like then but as of right now, I'd say it's cool. I don't know how long I'd be able to stay because it's a Sunday but I really would love to see you all. You can all be my Valentines dates! :p

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    How many people want to have two meets in Febuary? Superbowl Sunday does not work for some. Boston's meet is most likely on the 20th. That does not leave a whole lot of time to have two meets. Plus, weather is still a concern. I would suggest just setting a date and call it out Feburary meet. Of course, if everyone wants to meet twice, we can do that, but a desision needs to be made soon. Please put your input by this Sunday evening so Jeff can make the needed thread(s). Thanks.

5. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    One meet or two, I don't care. I have Sundays completely open this semester for FanForce activities, but I know not everyone is that free. :)

6. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    1 meet is fine.

7. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Okay, we have one vote for one meet and one abstain. So looks like we will go with the one meet. Jeff, please set a date that doesn't conflict with Boston. Last chance guys to voice any dates you are not available. Jeff, please wait till Wednesday to post. Thanks.

8. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Alrighty our meet will be Feb 13th, sunday. 2:00pm. Bumping it up an our just cause i don't know why i posted it to be at 3, which seems kind of late =P My first post has directions. Hope to see everyone there.

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    So is everyone set to go on Sunday the 13th?

It would be good if we all post and confirm who is going.

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll be there.

11. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I'm in!

12. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    You know I'll be there to lay the smack down. J/K. :D

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow I'll be bringing my new friend Kaylle with me. She's the fellow MIT student that signed up with the Boston Meetup Group. I met up with her today for the first time and told her all about you crazy people, but for some reason she still wants to come! ;)

I told her she should pop over here and post tonight, but if not you'll all see her tomorrow. :)

14. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    Yes, I met Roseanna today for the first time (we'd been talking on email for a while) and she convinced me to come despite the fact that I'm usually just a lurker on these boards (and on top of that, I'm terrible at bowling... ;))

So I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! And please don't mind me if I'm quiet, it's just shyness kicking in <g>.

Kaylle

15. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Umm, when I looked at this and say 2A I was thinking it made absolutely no sense and I realized that it couldn't possibly be right. I looked it up and I got exit 28. Is this correct? If you know, please tell me so I'm not lost forever! Thanks!

P.S. I look forward to meeting you Kaylle! :)

16. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards!! :)

17. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I should be able to attend for awhile today.

I may have to leave early because my mom did hurt her knee the other day and I need to help her out with a few things today.

18. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope her knee heals quickly.

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I had loads of fun today despite Jim's typical comments. ;) And I'm glad Kaylle decided we weren't weird or creepy. Glad you could come! :)

20. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    Yay, good fun was had and all that and I managed to steal Jim's hat multiple times which was funness as well!

It was very cool meeting you, Kaylle, and I'm very glad we didn't scare you off!

Sorry I was a little off when we were bowling. I don't know why I was so tired but I really did have an good time today. But argh it took me a half hour to find a parking space back at school.

Oh, and Happy B-day again, Chris! You're prolly better off since you didn't stay, we would have had the waiters at Olive Garden sing to you! ;)

21. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I think at that point of the meet, Chris would of had a couple of us singing to him. =P

I had alot of fun bowling. Pwned!

For those that are interested, I got home and went right to bed. It was nice.

Again, Kaylle great to have you.

Look forward to next time gang.

22. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    I had a great time, and I didn't end up feeling too shy at all :). That just means you all are very friendly (at least to newbies, I've been warned I'm fair game next time ;)). And despite my abysmal bowling skills, I had a good time pretending to do well!

Thanks, everyone, for such a great first FanForce meeting! And thanks to Roseanna for convincing me to come :). I won't be at the Boston meet as my father is coming into town, but hopefully I'll see you all again next month!

Kaylle

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks. I had a great time at the meet. For my first time bowling with the big ball instead of candlepin.

Sorry I couldn't stay and have dinner but I had to go see my mom. Her leg is feeling better.
    She will stay off it a few more days.

It was nice to have a new person at the meet.
    Kaylle I hope you will come to more Rhode Squadron meets.

24. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    So, did Jim house (old-school way of saying "pwn") everyone? :D

25. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Sounds like you guys had fun! :) Did anybody take pictures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.