main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Meeting Agendas

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyAnakinSkywalker, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    EU = Expanded Universe = anything that isn't in the movies. :)

2. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Aaah, all that non-canon stuff. Bookies, all of you. ;)

That's ok, I read all the books up till when Del Ray took over, and a few after too.

I just refused to collect any of the Shadows of the Empire figures when they made those. Stupid Chewbacca in disguise. Who thought of such ridiculous things anyways?

Chromium

P.S.
    Let's also finalize the date here, so we can get the meeting date posted up officially ASAP. June 23rd (Sunday), Denny's at Menaul & Juan Tabo, what time?

3. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    They want at least two weeks notice. We're still having time conflicts and we need to arrange rides. But, as far as I know, everyone wants to meet after 5, since Rintor is usually busy until then. I don't want to have a definite time nailed down until I have assurances from everyone that the day/time works.

Sunday, June 23, after 5pm, Denny's at Menual and Juan Tabo.

4. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I like your list of topics Chris, it is a start, also Lady Anakins topic of the EU. There are so many topics and stuff for us to do and discuss, I don't think that we will have a problem in that area. Just keep me posted on who needs a ride etc., once we finalize everything.
    Also, Chris when you get a chance can you stop by the library and pick up your games?
    I work today 11am-8PM, Thu,Fri, & Sat, 10-6PM. I'm trying to get my desk area cleaned off and I still have Star Wars stuff all over the place. :) If you can't it's okay, I'll bring them the day of the meeting.

5. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I certainly don't read the comics, but I don't think they're too expensive, are they? I'm sure we could have some sort of neat prize for the winner of the Trivial Pursuit game (or the team). :D

6. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Skyra - I won't be able to drop by the library on any of the days that you're there because I work the same days that you do and I'm notoriously bad at getting up early. You can hold onto them until we see each other again. I was thinking you could leave them with Kate, but at the rate Jen sees her, I'm not sure when I'd see them again! So I'm better off with you just hanging on to them.

The meeting is still around a month off so we have another week or so to firm up the time at least. How bout I place a first bid at 5:30pm?

Chromium

7. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I was thinking around 6ish myself, since that's the perfect time for me to get some snacks. ;) But 5:30 or 6 would be perfect for me.

8. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow I like everyone's ideas! Ummmm also I have one, I was reading my rule book for my TCG and it says that you can have tournaments, I dunno I thought it would be a cool idea!

9. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Well, it would we weird to start it right away, seeing as how not all of us know how to play. It would definetly be something for the future, though.

10. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Also, like in the summer time we could have pool parties, I have a pool in my backyard and I think Chromie has one at his apartments. What do you guys think?

11. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Well, I don't know many of you, and if you've met me, getting me in a bathing suit is the last thing you'll want to do. ;) However it is an idea, but not for a meeting. Not much meeting can do on while we're swimming and goofing around. :)

12. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm with Lady Anakin, the last thing you people want to see is me in a bathing suit. :) But, I have no problem hanging out at pools though. Just don't get into the whole swimsuit thing at this point in my life.
    Also anytime after 5PM is fine for me on the 23rd.
    Chris, no problem on the games, I'll hang on to them til I see you.

13. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Yea, actually my pool was getting filled as I was leaving this morning (yea!) So it'll be up by Memorial Day. I was thinking of having a BBQ or something later in June or July. Maybe July 4th? Hmm that's a Thursday. Well maybe that following weekend or something.

6:00 is fine for the 23rd at Denny's.
    Any final objections?

Chromium

14. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    After the final date is made, with no further objections, then we can start fine tuning the plans. Like if we all want to bring a couple bucks to pitch in for a big plate of fries, or something.

Alright guys, we're on our way! Thank you so much for all of your help, Chromie.

15. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    oOo July 4th is not good, I'll be in California then. we'll be back the 5th. Oh well, we'll see [face_clown]

16. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Every time we hang out doesn't mean that it has to be a meeting. Like in July, I thought it would be fun if we all went to Hinkle for a little Star Wars laser tag. :)

17. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Denny's, huh? I suppose I can get myself up there. Sundays are usually quiet for me, so it should be no problem. My son wants the game for his b-day, so I'll try to learn it by then. Found some Rebel troopers today, BTW.

18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    lazer tag! Alright, I love going up there for lazer tag heh!

19. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Well maybe like I said, that first weekend after the 4th in July. I live not too far from Hinkle so maybe we could combine a BBQ or something.

20. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Alright, I haven't heard anyone else say they can/can't make the 23rd for about 6pm at Denny's at Menaul and Juan Tabo. Please, if you haven't responded, please let me know you can make it. Its fast on the approach!

21. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it.

22. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I can make it! I will have to check with my parents. They're most likely to say that I can go.

23. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    So far, I'll be there. The time is 6pm right?I have to leave around 8pm though.

24. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Skyra, 6pm to 8pm is plenty of time for you to be able to participate in everything thats planned so far!

-Get to Know the Group: What is your real name, and what is your JC name. (Admitedly, its rather intresting to have someone come up to you and refer to you by your JC name ;) )
    -EU (Book of the Month? If someone wants to collaberate on this with me, please PM me so we can start working on this!)
    -Star Wars Trivial Pursuit!
    -Our name and our logo! (Mos Alba, and if someone could print out the logos seperately, or together, I'd love you! If thats not possible, I can do it.)

Woohoo!

25. TwilekSenator

TwilekSenator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2001
    i guess i can print out the logos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.