main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Meeting Announcement

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nikana-, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mordus

Darth_Mordus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Just a quick reminder for the board. Next meeting:

Saturday Aug 27th
    5 pm to 9 pm
    Auditorium
    Library Center, South Campbell

Costume's are always encouraged. See you there!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey, don't forget I can add text, scrolling or stationary to your header and I can put articles on the theforce.net main page announcing your meeting. Simply write up what you want it to say and any links you want added and I'll gladly post it. 3-5 days before the meeting for the main page, and as soon as you know about the event for the header on this board. (Hopes that made sense it's almost 3am after all).

3. Nikana-

Nikana- Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks Dajuan, should be in your PM's now :) Also, bumped for emphasis! I hope to see a good turnout this meeting!

4. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    My brother and I WILL be in attendance tonight. Unfortunately, we're going to be a bit late. I have to wait til he gets home from work (about 6:15 ish) so he can bring us both. The clutch on my car went bye-bye yesterday :(

5. indigo_larken

indigo_larken Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Yay I exist!

6. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    YAY!! Welcome!

7. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
  8. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    I'd like to thank everyone who came out for this months meeting! Was great hearing everyone's ideas and plans. Now..to conquer the community...muahahaha!!

9. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Sorry I missed it, but I had to work...

10. LapsusDeHeaven

LapsusDeHeaven Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    Just letting everyone know, Drinkeroflives and I went to a Halo 2 party that some guys from the 501st invited us to, she had the screen name YYUB as a riddle for everyone to figure it out but we got sick of trying to solve it so the guys and I decided that DrinkerOfLives is now and forever deemed Yub Yub, like the noise Wicket made in ROTJ. Just letting everyone know. (Drinker dont kill me, its bad form to kill a stormtrooper outside his armor, and no, you cant kill me when Im wearing it either)

11. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Ok, our next meeting is going to be on Saturday 9/24 from 5pm to 9pm in the Auditorium of the Main Library Center on South Campbell.

The time has arrived for us to schedule the 2006 meeting dates and room. Do we want to continue with using the library or would everyone like to discuss another venue, day and times for the 2006 meetings?

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions

Thanks

12. Var_Pallo

Var_Pallo Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    I like the Saturdays myself. It works in my work schedule really well.

13. indigo_larken

May 29, 2005
    I agree with the saturday thing. And the auditorium works well. I also think we should, maybe not with the library but organize a once a month gaming meeting, costume night, or social event.

14. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    Saturday nights are really horrible for me. As everyone got to see, this is babysitting night for me. But, we must go with the majority. Personally, Saturday afternoons would be much better for me personally.

15. indigo_larken

May 29, 2005
    hince the reason for my suggestion. I think we should also have someone take minutes for those who have to miss meetings for things like work(NO I AM NOT VOLUNTEERING NORM! hehe)so that it can be sent out in email and such.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    If one time doesn't work for everyone, why not rotate the meeting times? Every other month have one earlier or on a different day.

17. indigo_larken

May 29, 2005
    That could work too... or a different day for a second meeting a month?(Ironic I'm looking at your pics from C3 right now Dajuan! hehe)

18. Nikana-

Apr 13, 2005
    This is probably what's going to happen. As of right now though, I believe until the end of the year (Darth Mordus can correct me if I'm wrong) we have a certain spot reserved at the library for meetings, last Saturday of each month.

I'd like to see our meetings be meetings/events: picnics, street cleanups, bowling nights, etc.

19. indigo_larken

May 29, 2005
    every 4th saturday. And I agree, which is why I suggested a social event. *stands in corner waiting to be ignored again* lol

20. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    Sounds good to me. I am up for a bowling event. If you don't want to use the Library anymore after this meeting we can cancel the rooms. Not a problem there. What we can do, if everyone likes the idea, is one person from the group coordinates a meeting. We can put everyones name into a hat and draw a name and mark it to a date on the calander. Then that person will be responsible for the location, time, event/topic, or activity. Some thing like that.

Let me know.

21. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Anyone oppossed to a bar type setting?

22. LapsusDeHeaven

Apr 17, 2005
    Im up for bowling, it would be awesome to bowl in my armor ^_^

23. Darth_Mordus

May 19, 2005
    I don't have a problem with the Bar scene. But, my wallet does and my wife does(don't ask, long story). Until my new source of funds start rolling in even bowling will be pushing it. A bowling alley has a bar too though, which a beer or two to help the game wouldn't hurt.

Jake, I will bring my camera for that one.

24. LapsusDeHeaven

Apr 17, 2005
    Just letting everyone know something very important has happened to me that made me shriek like a little girl, read below in my signature to find out what.

25. indigo_larken

May 29, 2005
    AWESOME! Grats on 501st dude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.