main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Meeting, anyone?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ithorian, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, I'd like to get another meeting in before JediCon, at least. We need to talk a bit about JediCon, as well as Pittsburgh.

BTW, with the gang from SWAP needing a head count for their FF get-together, I'm going to need a final, official head count on who is and who isn't going by April 20th.

Anyway, I'm free for a meeting next Saturday (the 27th), or this Sunday evening (the 21st), or even Wednesday (the 24th). Personally, for me, the sooner the better. Any takers?

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I think next Sat is good for me.

3. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Any of those days is fine with me as far as I know. Where would we have the meeting? Any suggestions?

:)
    -Fettish

4. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    It matters not to me. Somebody pick a venue.

BTW, something funny just happened. . . I was cruising the FanFilm boards, and found a thread about some folks doing a fanfilm here in WV. Some high school students, it appears, are in pre-production somewhere near Huntington. Pretty cool, eh?

I plastered a link in that thread to the JediCon, and of course, my sig has a link to our site. :p Who knows? Maybe they'll be interested in FanForce and try and create a southern chapter again!

5. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, I know how some of you feel about bowling, but I was thinking we could have the meeting at the Fairmont Bowling Center downtown, instead of noisy noisy Valley.

6. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I could handle bowling. But be aware that the downtown bowling lanes are usually full of heavily smoking people. For those who do not smoke I imagine it would be annoying... Perhaps we should have the meeting at a restaurant, then go see a movie afterwards?

-Fettish

7. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Sounds good to me!

Hehehehehehe. . . Jersey Girl opens that weekend, too. I don't care if it's different than the other Kevin Smith films. I wanna see it!!!

8. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Since I don't have TV, I have NO idea what's playing or what any of the movies are about. I guess I should bother to find out...

-Fettish *out of touch*

9. Dark-Wolf

Dark-Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2004
    Hrmm...what if we met up at one of the malls and sorta took in a movie together. Im wanting to see the new Dawn of the Dead, but am up for about anything. The downtown Fairmont bowling is usually pretty crowded, especially on saturday nights, but bowling does sound good, so Im up for whatever and whenever.

10. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I don't do well with "scary things". Hence the reason I am horrified of Gollum... If we see a movie, can we see something funny? I don't want to cry or be scared...

-Fettish *scardey-cat* :(

11. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Funny, you say? Jersey Girl, then. :p

12. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Nevermind, I can't go to a movie. Have no money. Plus the job I was interviewed for basically fell through. Place has put a freeze on hiring... :(

-Fettish :(

13. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Aw, man. . .

14. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I can do dinner OR a movie, but not both... Personally, I'd rather do dinner and then if you guys want to go ahead with a movie, I can take off...

Sorry to be a party pooper. I've been having a rough time lately anyway. Got flu again, haven't heard from friend with cancer for a month, job prospect fell through, death in the family, been having some health issues, ect...

So I laid in bed today and ate doughnuts....only logical solution I could come up with... :p

-Fettish *classic pouting female*

15. Dark-Wolf

Dark-Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2004
    Well, there are other solutions. Some friends (me) could pay for you to go to a movie with us if we decide that is what we would all like to do. I saw the trailer for Jersey Girl, and wouldnt mind going to catch that one myself. I got one other question for you guys. Was it the original Dawn of the Dead that was filmed at the mall up in PA that they were screening last year at the convention? I know it was campy, but I caught it and liked it and was looking to find one online to buy and take up to get autographed this year. Wasnt sure if it was Dawn of the Dead, or Day of the Dead.

Ummmm, also, what was the final word on the official time and/or place for the meeting?

16. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    This is embarassing, but Mike and I are really budgeting our money. Especially with the Comicon coming up, I want to be sure to go to that. If we were to eat at Mi Pueblo and see a movie at Tygart Valley I could swing both with $20 and be okay. I also have to factor in gas money to get where I need to go. And,(yes there's more) we are down to one running vehicle at the moment, and I may have to be dropped off and bum a ride home with someone (provided someone happens to be going that way).

I dunno, just letting you guys know the jist of the situation. Plus, I really don't care to see Jersey Girl. What about Hidalgo, any takers on that? If not, I'll skip the movie, no problem... :) But if everyone wants to do something else, don't try to arrange plans around me, I can miss a meeting if I have to...

-Fettish

17. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Dawn of the Dead was just rereleased on DVD. And yes, that's the one filmed at the Monroeville Mall.

18. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Well, looks like Jersey Girl is out, anyway. No theaters around here will be playing it. :(

Perhaps the new Coen brothers movie, The Ladykillers?

19. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    OMG - I want to see that!!! Anything with Tom Hanks is good...

-Fettish

20. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Okay, we need to decide what, when, and where for the meeting...

Anyone like Chinese? How about the Dragon Buffet? Is yummy...

-Fettish :)

21. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Doesn't matter to me.

BTW, I looked around again, and nobody around here is playing The Ladykillers, either. :(

22. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    What about Hidalgo? Is supposed to be a true story... Looks good to me, and Tygart Valley Cinema has posters up for it...

By the way, I will be able to swing both dinner and movie after all. Sorry for the confusion...

23. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    I've already seen Hidalgo. It was OK, not as good as I expected, but OK.

24. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Okay, well then I have no idea what to see... :p Meeting is supposed to be tomorrow right? I need to know what's up so I can be sure to get there...

25. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Okay, how does this sound for a plan:

We meet at Dragon Buffet around 6-ish, then later wander over to Tygart Valley Cinemas and see what's playing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.