main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Meeting in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by gimli_dwarf, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    If you guys decide to have a meeting, let me know, and I'll post it on the FanForce main page. Also, if you want to choose a Chapter Rep (perhaps Jedi-Kai?) let me know too, and I'll have that person "promoted".

2. gimli_dwarf

gimli_dwarf Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2004
    Thank you for pointing the date out. It is AUGUST 18th. I´ve just been to Germany to see some music festivals and was not able to access the net and post a reply.

Thanx for doublechecking, it would have sucked to find out there that I told you all that I´ll come in September.

Jar-Jar-Gimli feeling stoopid now...

cya
    christian

3. gimli_dwarf

Jul 5, 2004
    Hi all,

just wanted to remind you that I´ll be over in Seattle in one week. If anyone´s up for a meeting then suggest a meeting point. If it´s not possible then maybe it´ll work next time.

cya
    christian

4. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK, so it's a Wed, which is a work day for most of us. What hotel are you in? That location could determine where we get together. An address would help.

5. gimli_dwarf

Jul 5, 2004
    i´m at the red lion at boeing field. But chances are, that I´ll spend the evening closer to the needle in any case.

cya
    christian

6. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    OK. So...friends....anyone up for a meeting somewhere near the Needle? If so, anyone who knows the area better than me suggest a place?

I'll also post on other local boards that are more active.

7. LadySonnet

LadySonnet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    Badger and I could be up for that!

But as far as where to eat... hmm. Most restaurants in that area are pretty expensive. Maybe 13 coins? It's a little up the hill on Denny, but I think the price is pretty reasonable (I've never actually been there, even though it's supposed to be a local standard!). If there are enough cars, Capitol Hill is close and has lots of restaurant choices.

Sonnet

8. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    Unless you're planning to do more in the Seattle Center area AFTER dinner, than maybe one of us could collect you and we go somewhere else to eat.

Your hotel is relatively close to the SouthCenter Mall and there are lots of places to eat there, some of which aren't very expensive.

And then we could take you back to your hotel.

9. gimli_dwarf

Jul 5, 2004
    Hi all,

with Denny we´re not talking about Denny´s I hope.
    I´ll be up for a meeting at any time but since my flight goes tomorrow evening, I´d need to know a meeting spot and time before that. I´ll try to be there at that time.

k?
    christian

(there ought to be a hard rock cafe in seattle and I wouldn´t mind at all to go there since they usually are quite accessible and since I happen to collect their t-shirts)

10. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    Hah. Closest we've come to a HR cafe is a Planet Hollywood that closed years ago (along with the rest of them). Seattle's just not that big a deal, I guess.

And no, not Denny's the restaurant, don't worry. :) Denny the street. Or, technically, Denny Way. (You can see 13 Coins on a map here:
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=seattle&state=WA&address=125+boren+avenue%20north&zip=98109=us&zoom=8]

Sonnet

11. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    And now that I get a better look at 13 Coin's menu, I'm not so sure they're priced reasonably anymore. So now I don't know where to go. Charlie's on Cap. hill? Somewhere downtown?

Sonnet

12. gimli_dwarf

Jul 5, 2004
    Now to make nails with heads...

what about South Center Mall 7PM (Wednesday).
    Since I haven´t been there yet, I´d say we meet in the food court in front of the Starbucks (under the assumption again, that there is one and only one - please confirm : )
    I´m rather easily spot, because of my long hair and KC-Chiefs hat.

We can decide at that point where to go or if we want to stay.

Please just confirm if there is a starbucks or tell me if there is another landmark.

looking forward
    Christian

(gotta be at the airport in 10 hours but I´ll check this board b4 I leave)

13. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    Starbucks at Southcenter is good!

Only thing is, the Starbucks is not in the food court, so don't look there. It's over by the Mariners' Team Store. But it's in a better location than the food court because it's less crowded in that area.

Southcenter Starbucks, 7PM. Can do.

Sonnet

14. gimli_dwarf

Jul 5, 2004
    I´ll be there and will try to be on time.

cja

15. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    Wow, guys! Thanks for pulling this together without me! I first read Sonnet's post on the Titan board and thought, "how'd we get from the Space Needle to Starbucks in Southcenter?" Now I understand.

Great. Easy to find. I'll be wearing my Rebel Legion T shirt!

16. Dishnu

Dishnu Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Hope you had fun tonight while yiou were here enclosed is the Pic
    [image=http://hooverae.com/upload/files/P8180104.jpg]
    It was nice to meet you Even thou I was outnumbered [face_laugh]

17. gimli_dwarf

Jul 5, 2004
    Thank you all for coming. It was a very nice evening. We´ll have the next Vienna meeting this friday and we´ll have BBQ in one members garden.

Now could someone please help our memories and add names to the picture?

thanx
    christian

18. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay, here we go, L-R, with 'real' names and 'board names':

Mike/Dishnu
    Christian/gimli_dwarf
    Your Lovely Lady/(whose name I've forgotten - please remind me!)
    William
    Bethany/LadySonnet
    Badger/Sable
    Kait/Jedi_Kai

It was great to meet you! I hope to someday be able to take you up on your offer of meeting up with you in Vienna. :)

Sonnet

19. hansoloschinscar

hansoloschinscar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2001
    Hi. My name is Chris AKA hansoloschinscar. I've been a a member of the SSWS since I moved here from Chicago over three years ago. I've been to a couple meetings in the past and even hosted a Star Wars Anonymous mneeting at my house in Burien. People loved the meeting in my little SW fortress of solitude 'cause they loved the clubhouse atmosphere and also that it was convenient. Last spring I posted on another board (Garrison Titan's I believe) pleading that if anyone else out there wants to restart the SWA meetings again, I would be up for it. I even offered up my place again. I got a few interested responses, but nothing serious. I want to meet and discuss with other fans about the new DVDs, ROTS and other SW related topics. I think that the Seattle Star Wars community as a whole should rally together and make our last few months leading to ROTS memorable ones. Because until the rumors about Episodes VII-IX or a TV series are confirmed, we should treat ROTS as the end. And try to make the most of it now. I remember the sense that this was it when Sauron's tower fell in The Return Of The King. It was thrilling and saddening all at once. When Obi Wan and Anakin ignite lightsabers for THE DUEL, that feeling will be 10 times greater. I don't want to spend my final moments with Star Wars among strangers. I'm going all out next year. I'm going to have a Jedi outfit made and shave my head bald so I could be Mace Windu (you aren't offered a lot of options in the SW universe when you are black. Either you're Mace, Lando, or that guy in ROTJ who said "She's gonna blow!" right before he was vaporized. But I digress). All kidding aside, I want to spend my SW time with people I know and who cares for it as much or more than I do. I don't know what you want to call the meetings, SWA, Star Wars Seattle, I don't care. But I, oce again, offer my place as a meeting site. Anyone who is tuly interested, email (blacksurge1977@yahoo.com) or IM me for more info so we can get the ball rolling.

May The Force Be With You.

And sorry for being long winded.

20. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    Copying this into a new thread, since this one was for a visitor from Vienna.

21. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Whats up guys? My real name is Isaac I live in Lake Forest Park in Seattle. When is the next meetings and where are they?

22. Jedi_Kai

May 27, 2001
    See the treads about next meeting and ComicCon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.