main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting Jan. 28

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    This month's meeting is Jan. 28, this Friday at 7 p.m. at the Crossing. Please post any agenda items here and hope to see you there.
    Erik

2. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    You know what might be kinda cool? If we could set up some kind of regularly scheduled "Battlefront" tournament or something. Also, when do the new Clone Wars episodes start? And we should really start putting together a battle plan for Celebration (YEE-HAW!!)

3. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Just a friendly reminder - the club will buy pizzas for all who attend. You need to purchase your drink from The Crossing. They are nice enough to let us have our meetings in their place, so let's give them our business and drink their beverages. I think a medium soda is around $1 or so.

Top of the agenda list should be what we want the club to be in 2005. Maybe we'll decide to change a few things - who knows?? Come with your ideas about meetings, dues, snacks, activities, episode III, etc., etc.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yep, and since this is the first meeting of the month we need to talk about dues too. The 501st people in the area are working on somethings for Episode III and I have a few ideas too that we could talk about. It will be hear before we know it.

5. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm assuming you guys will also be ironing out all the details for CIII? Our fanforce would like some "in stone" numbers of who is going from over there. Our chapter really got some things layed out at our last meeting...I can hardly wait!

6. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Hey all. I thought I already did this, but after talking to Laura, I wasn't sure anymore. Because of my moving to a new store for work, my work schedule isn't the same as it use to be. Because of this, I think I need to step down as Secretary of the club. I will help whenever I can.

Thanks guys,

Erin

7. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Erik -

Since Erin cannot be secretary any more, can you put together the agenda list for Friday's meeting?

On Friday, if we choose to continue having officers, we can elect a new secretary. Hey - put that on the agenda!! :)

Thanks.

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    alright, I'll get it put together.

9. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Did anyone buy AVP this week? That's something else we could watch after the meeting and Battlestar Galactica.

10. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Here's what we decided about the future of the club at Friday night's meeting:

We will officially stay together as a club until the release of episode III. At that time, we can decide if we want to continue as a club or not.

Since we have a lot of money left over from last year, we decided that it will be spent on snacks for the February, March, April, and May meetings. If we find a free place to meet, then we will have plenty of money to do this. In addition, Erin and I are still going to spend the 10% of our garage sale earnings from last year (about $30) on items for the homeless men's shelter in Idaho Falls. At this time, we decided not to charge dues for 2005, although this may change if we decide to continue as a club after the movie is released.

We also decided to consider the garage sale as a money-making venture should we need it. It is the Saturday after Mother's Day (May 14).

With regards to episode III, we all decided to try to get midnight tickets online for opening night. Other than showing up and watching the movie, no special events were scheduled for that night.

Erik will remain as President, and I (Laura) will remain as Treasurer until we make a final decision about the future of the club. Until then, all are encouraged to post on these threads any information which will help keep everyone informed.

Here's to a great 2005!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.