main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting Sat @ 5:00?

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    OK- were almost to a decision here- but for now let's pencil in a meeting for this Sat. at 5:00. Topics are: What we would want on our chapter website, ideas for a chapter logo (bring examples), and discussing ideas/plans for a chapter lightsaber. Any other sugestions?
    Also how would everone feel about meeting in Sugarhouse again- Im trying to think of a central location for those in the northern sector as well as those in S. SLC. If the weather is kosher- i'm always in favor of the Sugarhouse Park- if not- we can invade Barnes & Noble again I guess. Comments? Questions?

2. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    That sounds like a plan to me...it's supposed to be partly cloudy on Saturday- high of 64 which is a little chilly but doable for a park situation....wow I'm a nerd.

3. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey All

I wish I could come to more meetings right now, but we just did a shift chnage @ work, and I have weird days off, and I work from noon-9pm.

Allen, I have some ideas for logos, but won't be able to bring them, woulld it be possible for me to e-mail them to you?

Have fun guys, hopefully in about six months I will be able to mee ya'll after this shift ends

Toad

4. DarJin

DarJin Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2001
    I'm in the same boat as darth_toad, work will not allow me to make meetings on a regular basis. I'm what you would call a 24 hr on call technician. I work on Hill AFB, so it limits how far away I can go at a given time without giving a weeks notice. So I too will not be able to make this meeting, and many more I'm sure, but I will try.

Keep me posted on the light saber deal, I'm real intrested.

Thanks and I hope all who attend have a great time....

DJ

5. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    5:00 is good for me. It should be fun. Do we want to bring any food? You know like picnic stuff.

6. sithslayer99

sithslayer99 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    Sounds great I am always available in the afternoons. Need anything let me know?

7. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I have way to many schedules to keep track of, but I'll be there. I should be done with my dinner shopping by then as well.

8. Anijj24

Anijj24 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I'll be there on Saturday! Should we bring anything??

-Anijj

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Im not gonna dictate everything but if you wanna bring stuff to eat thats cool- i personally will be going out to eat that night so....
    Other stuff to bring? If you have an idea for a logo you can bring that- or we can just sketch out some ideas there- no matter- if you want to bring a custom saber you have done thats cool too- might give us some ideas for whats do-able for the average non-handyman/woman.

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    so you aren't going to take on the title of dictator? Well you're now fun. :p

11. greenmayo

May 1, 2002
    Isn't that the fun of being the City Rep? To make us bow before your awesomeness? [face_laugh]

12. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I don't have a collection, but I was excited about seeing everyone elses, so if anyone wants to bring thier collections that would be cool.

13. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I'll be off camping, otherwise I'd love to. :(

14. greenmayo

May 1, 2002
    So do we have any sort of confirmation that we are indeed going to meet on Saturday at five? And at Sugarhouse Park unless the weather is bad in which we will meet at the Barnes and Noble?

I decided that I don't like Scooby Snacks

15. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah- lets go ahead and slate it. SE corner of Sugarhouse Park at 5:00 If you just follow the road around to the SE corner you'll see a sign that says SE Terrace parking or something like that- well try and snag one of those shelters. Topics of discussion will be the chapter website, logo, and lightsaber- and of course all the off topic things that will come up any way :) It'll also be good to see who will be at what showings this week- maybe hang out in line and play SW Trivial Pursuit or something. Oh what the heck- Perhaps rather than bringing a whole SW collection (im realizing the mamoth task of this) we can do 1 genre at a time. So let's have this meeting be :Bring your Droids toys. So all your droid figs - bring em. Sounds good?

16. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    I don't have any droid toys but I can dress my dog up in some tin foil.

17. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    Would that be cool with everyone?

18. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Sounds good! My High School mascot was the Silver Foxes- since they are an endagered species we couldnt get a real mascot-- so the student body prez spray painted his dog silver! :D

19. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Sorry, guys. No go. Won't be able to make it. Have fun and let me know how it goes.

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    My dog looks really good as Scooby Doo. We get a little bored around Halloween. :D

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    So are we having it at B&N or the park?

22. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Hard to say- Im hoping things will clear up in the next 5-6 hours... If it stays as it is now we'll do B&N.

23. ImDaBudge

May 2, 2002
    It looks great out now.

24. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    yeah- its starting to clear up :\ fickle weather-- lets just keep on with B&N so if we all get there and it is still nice we can just go over to the park-- but- if we have enough room at b&n we'll just stay there. Dont forget your Droids! :)

25. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Oh right, nearly forgot that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.