main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Meeting space needed

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    There is a great disturbance in the force...

Well, we had everything set up for our first meeting September 27 at the Edmondson Pike Library in Nashville. Now the library has backtracked and says that an error was made and they need the space that weekend for absentee voter training.

The library has tables and chairs we could use or we could switch to another location.

Thoughts?

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I could check and see if the Bellue Public Library has spaces avaialable...assuming that isn't too far out for everyone?

What about the Parks and Rec Dept facilities?

A group room at a restaurant like Shoney's could be an option. And 11AM is close enough to lunch time as well. Sure, we'd be expected to eat there but it could be relatively private and still cheap.

Perhaps a coffee shop?

3. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    To avoid confusion we might be good to just go ahead and meet at the library. There are sitting areas along the window wall that we could grab. There is also a couple of study rooms that we may be able to grab. I'm not sure how many folks are planning on going to attend, we may have 3 or may have 23?

4. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Indeed, the number in attendance will be an opened question. But as long as everyone knows exactly when, where, and what library room...shouldn't be a problem.

I'll bring paper for notes...unless someone wants to bring a laptop.

5. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I have an idea. I am newbie but why don't we have a monthly meeting in a place like a bowling alley, a billiards club, maybe over dinner somewhere, some social place. Nothing expensive. Plan ahead each month, decide a few months ahead of time where, and take a head count and hang out. I am a chick, but my hubby tarkinsteeth are in the Boro and we bowl, do disk golf, play pool, etc, etc. Or we can even find a quiet place and do an RPG or discuss a topic of choice. Just an idea. Maybe hang out somewhere n a Friday night and watch Clone Wars, then a Movie, or just any ideas are welcome. We need to get this FF going and I enjoy chatting with fellow SW fans! We even know OTHER SW fans who are not on the board (but SHOULD be!!!)

What do you think?

6. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Hi Newbie,

Well, I guess I am a reincarnated newbie. Was here, got too busy, and came back about two years later.

However, I do agree. That was one of the things I was trying to do around August and September. The suggestion was made to avoid crowded spaces or restuarants so that we could hear well and discuss future involvement...and activity ideas...with out requiring much money for those on a very tight budget. A personal residence is probably not a good idea either until we get to know each other a bit. Of course, only two of us met at the Edmondson Library that day. It is hard to plan anything for a group (of hopefully several people) with only two representatives.

The idea was a good one, but some activity is better than none. I think we would have better luck meeting at any place public, but fun. Bowling lanes aren't that expensive, and there are plenty of reasonably cheap places to grab a bite while we put plans together...or just find an activity, like watching the Clone Wars or something.

I am all for putting something together. Any ideas for dates and times???

7. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    I was going to attend the last meeting, but we were out of town selling a house. weekends are usually good for me unless something big, like selling a house, is involved, or a planned vacation. I vote for a cheap restaurant where we know there is a big enough table in case more than 2 show up, maybe a nice round table. I live in Franklin, and I don't mind driving some, but really would rather not get too far. Edmonson library was a good choice, if that becomes an option again. Before we meet, let's have some sort of topic, like any upcoming conventions, favorite collectible, whatever, just some sort of ice breaker....
    JocastaNu3

A librarian with the Force . . . Very dangerous combination."
    --Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
    "This party's over..." Mace Windu, AOTC
    "you want this, don't you" Emperor Palpatine, ROTJ

8. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Bravo!!! Let's see who else we can get into ths idea before we really get things going. I know my husband, tarkinsteeth, would be for it. SO there is 4 right there. I do not know very many people here yet that are from the area on this board so perhaps some of you could PM a few people you know and see what they think? Star some sort of chain and get them to come to this thread and we can discuss it? Just a thought.

I am excited that we have soe stuff started! I was afraid our little FF was dying!

I'm in the Boro, BTW.

9. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    This board is in the Bacta Tank!

I think cheap restaraunt would be nice. Lunch on a Saturday...not necessarily Noon, but whenever. I work in Franklin and Brentwood... Both are equal distance from me, really. So Either are good.

10. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Hey,
    This Sat is good for me, but I know it's short notice. Mar 7 is okay, but I have to be somewhere from about 1;30-3.30, which I know is prime meeting time. How about in the AM, meaning around 11, or later in the day. I am accustomed to eating at odd times, like 4, because of little ones. If Mar 7 is too soon, we can go farther out, but I think we should go for it asap.
    JocastaNu3

"A librarian with the Force...Very dangerous combination"

11. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Either this weekend or next is fine with me...or later of course. I will be teaching all day on Mar 14th and 21st, so I would prefer not those weekends. 11AM is not too early...however, I have no problem sleeping in later or eating at odd times. I usually don't even think about lunch until about 2PM anyway...and often eat later than that. I would also opt for asap...since this board has been dangling over the Sarrlac pit for several months/years. Some activity might help keep the boards and other fans interested.

The ice breaker idea could be alot of fun, too. There are plenty of possible topics. Favorite Clone Wars episode or Expaned Universe character, describe your preferred Jedi power or lightsaber design, "if you were a droid, who/what would you be", maybe a game of "Six Degrees to C-3PO" where you link Threepio (or maybe Artoo) to any other character in the Star Wars Universe?

12. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Funny reply,
    I still vote for next sat if that can be arranged, either at 11 AM or 4PM, I am unavailable in between.
    Some of the others who were interested before haven't posted, like red-one, etc, so if y'all know they, could you send them a PM, or we could put all the info under a different thread, just to make sure they see it.

JocastaNu3

13. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I do not really know any of them. However the Nashville Board only has 4 active threads. Of course I discovered my Active Topic notification on this one ran out. Perhaps they no longer receive the messages either. Also, maybe a notice on the welcome thread would be appropriate...?

14. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    All the ideas sound great. But getting my husband out of bed before noon on a Saturday is not an easy task. LOL! It would be easier for us in the afternoon, to be honest. We live in Murfreesboro, so things are not too far for us. And lunch or dinner sounds good.

Can we PM some of the people on the htreads and see if they are inerested? You do not get any more notifications after your time runs out, by the way. I always put mine in for a year. I am new so I am not worried yet ;)

~Kim

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    For the week of March 7th, AM works best to meet anywhere (Franklin, Brentwood, or somewhere else in the general area). I am most likely going to a birthday party in Brentwood at 6PM that day, so if we want to plan on late afternoon, I prefer somewhere in Brentwood at 4PM or so. This way, I won't have to leave too soon after we start...

The only one that met me at the Brentwood Library was Trimage. I'll PM him and maybe post a note to each active Nashville Thread.

16. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    March 7 is good for me, I can do either AM or 4PM. I have a b-day party from 2 until about 4 ish, in the franklin area, so meeting in Brentwood is a good option for me. If i am a little late, it's just because of the party situation. that should give us time to get acquainted.
    any good ideas on where to meeting in Brentwood area? cool springs area? is there a starbucks anywhere?

JocastaNu3

17. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Cool Springs is good. Let me know where. I hae a doctor there so I sorta know the area. 4 sounds fine to me. I mean if 11 is what everyone had to do, then I can adjust. ;)

18. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    *pops in*

*looks around and blinks*

wowz... people...

anyhoo, so far as i'm aware either time would work for me. just get me an address, and i'll be there.;)

:snoopy

19. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    My fanfic master lives near me!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!

20. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    There are many places we could meet in Cool Springs or Brentwood. Both should be close enough for me to go to my friend's party at 6PM. Any preferences to where we meet?

Cool Springs:
    There are hundreds of places to eat fastfood or sit-down on both sides of I-65, several book stores (some with coffee shops inside), At least one coffee shop on the corner of Mallory and Cool Springs. Even the Target and Wal-Mart have places to sit and eat...or perhaps meet. The food court in the mall has tables, too.

Brentwood:
    Again, several places to eat and coffee shops. The Maryland Farms area has plenty of shops by Old Hickory Blvd and Franklin Road (next to I-65) as well as places in the Kroger shopping center down the road towards Franklin/Cool Springs.

Does anyone have a membership with YMCA or Williamson County Parks and Recreation. Maybe they have aa room we could use. Just don't know about a fee. My guess would be that there is a fee.

If it is nice outside, maybe something outdoors?

21. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    So, what be it anyone? Cool Springs sound perfect to me!!!!! Tristan????

22. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I would venture that Cool Springs has a few more options and more variation on expenses. All in favor of Cool Springs about 4PM? [face_dancing]

23. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
  24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    aye.

and i can pretty well get to either, i think. just need to make it known i need the car this weekend.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    aye.

and i can pretty well get to either, i think. just need to make it known i need the car this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.