main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Merlin] The Tablet of Melkor- Arthur/Merlin Friendship fic/ Drama/Adventure- Update 1-1

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Nov 7, 2011.

1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: The Tablet of Melkor
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Set about a month after the series 2 finale.
    Characters: Merlin, Arthur Pendragon
    Genre: Friendship/Drama/Adventure
    Summary: When an evil sorcerer's plot against Merlin causes his magic to be revealed, he must try to escape with his life. At the same time a mysterious curse threatens all of Camelot. And what will Arthur do when his trust in Merlin is shattered?
    AN: This is a 10 part short fic that wrote awhile ago, but I never posted. I hope you enjoy it!

The Tablet of Melkor

Chapter 1

Darkness fell over the city of Camelot, and as the full moon rose, a silent figure shrouded in a dark cloak watched as the teeming city all turned in for the long night ahead. The figure looked on as the castle guards changed, and knew this was the time to make his move. While the soldiers were distracted he slipped past them and like a shadow he flitted from post to pillar, and only slowed down once he finally opened the doors to the great castle.

The cloaked figure now seemed more relaxed, though still cautious and with practiced ease moved forward only pausing to look at the sign which pointed the way to the Court Physician.

~~~~~
    Merlin tossed and turned, his sleep for once as fitful as the Lady Morgana?s. He didn?t dream, but for some reason he seemed to be completely in an unconscious state of nervousness. And with good reason. For when Merlin?s movements finally settled, the cloaked figure entered the room silent as a ghost. The figure removed his hood and a sallow faced, grim looking man glared down at the young man.

Softly the man lift his hand, directing it at Merlin, and began to speak softly.

?At amlyga hun at bod ddewin.?

And a slight sheen a white light came from Merlin briefly for a second, and he lowered his hand, as the light faded. He smirked then looking at the sleeping young man. ?Sleep well Emrys,? he said condescendingly, ?because it shall be the last you get!?

~~~~~
    Merlin awoke with a start, his head pounding a tattoo into his brain. He had never slept so badly in his life, and despite his sometimes stressful life, he?d never had a problem sleeping like he did the night before. He lay down on his pallet and closed his eyes, trying to will his body to catch another few minutes of shut eye. But Gaius was having none of it.

?Merlin, get down here and have breakfast. I need you to fetch me some herbs before you go to work!? he old man called from downstairs.

Merlin sighed and sat up and dressed quickly before going downstairs to start another long day.

~~~~~

?Will you EVER be on time?? Arthur grumbled and Merlin stumbled into the Prince?s chambers, late as usual.

?Just wait for the day when I am,? Merlin countered. ?You wouldn?t know what to do with yourself.?

Arthur rolled his eyes and Merlin grinned as he set down the platter of food he was carrying and Arthur seated himself and began to eat.

There was a knock on the door suddenly. ?Enter,? Arthur called.

The door opened and a soldier bowed briefly to Arthur before speaking. ?The king requests your presence immediately.?

~~~~~

?I can?t explain it sire, at least four have already fallen into a coma, and this is no illness I?m aware of. It is similar to the ailment that Morgause inflicted on Camelot, except no one was sick before falling into unconsciousness,? Gaius was explaining to Uther, as soon as Arthur and Merlin entered the throne room.

?So it must be sorcery,? Uther declared.

?That is indeed the only conclusion I can come to,? Gaius agreed.

?Arthur you must find the?? and suddenly Uther stopped his eyes growing wide.

Merlin was surprised to see that the king was staring straight at him. What is going on? He wondered, and then he saw a flicker in his vision, and looked down to see his palms glowing with an unnatural light. As he raised one hand a chair next to him rose with the hand. What was happening? He tried to use his magic to stop it, but it seemed for once his power refused to be controlled. Another chair lifted in the air.

?Sorcery!? Ut

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That doesn't sound good. I loved that another sorcerer was enchanting Merlin to out himself and that he couldn't seem to do anything about it. Well done.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah! Not good for Merlin. I'm really curious about who knew his identity and was able to bmake him perform magic. Can't wait for the next part!

4. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    dianethx: That doesn't sound good. I loved that another sorcerer was enchanting Merlin to out himself and that he couldn't seem to do anything about it. Well done.

I?m so glad you are enjoying this so far. Things are definitely going to be bad for Merlin. Thanks for reading!

NYCitygurl: Woah! Not good for Merlin. I'm really curious about who knew his identity and was able to bmake him perform magic. Can't wait for the next part!

Definitely not good! Thanks for reading and more is coming soon!

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: The Tablet of Melkor
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Set about a month after the series 2 finale.
    Characters: Merlin, Arthur Pendragon
    Genre: Friendship/Drama/Adventure
    Summary: When an evil sorcerer's plot against Merlin causes his magic to be revealed, he must try to escape with his life. At the same time a mysterious curse threatens all of Camelot. And what will Arthur do when his trust in Merlin is shattered?

The Tablet of Melkor

Chapter 2

The magic ceased suddenly, and Merlin felt he was in control again, but the damage was already done. Why couldn?t he control himself? His magic always obeyed his command, and he couldn?t help but feel suddenly fearful that this time it did not.

Arthur knew the truth now and while that was a relief, he was terrified to know how the prince would react. This was almost as bad as when the witchfinder accused him except unlike that time, it wasn?t hearsay. Uther saw the magic. Merlin felt as though he let everyone down, Arthur especially, but at the same time he knew he hadn?t done it deliberately.

~~~~~

Arthur was absolutely flabbergasted. Merlin was a sorcerer! There had of course been a few times in the past when such a thing had been brought up, but Arthur always laughed at the prospect. To think that his clumsy idiot of a servant could be practicing magical arts in the very castle of the king who forbade it was simply preposterous. Yet hadn?t Merlin saved his life on more than one occasion, and hadn?t he always seemed to know just how to save the day from the various magical threats that always seemed to target Camelot.

Before Arthur would?ve said that he always trusted Merlin, but no he wasn?t so sure. He kept the greatest, most dangerous secret of all and had not been honest with him. Arthur didn?t know whether to be angry, hurt, shocked, or awed at the thought of Merlin being a sorcerer. It also made the prince question Merlin?s motives. Why had he come to Camelot, why had he sought to work as a servant when he was so powerful? And why did Merlin stop Arthur from killing Uther that time when it would?ve been far safer for him to let the king die.

There were so many questions that he wanted to ask Merlin, but Arthur couldn?t be sure that he could even trust that Merlin would tell him the truth. The thought of Merlin being executed that night disturbed the prince. He had it drilled in his head time after time that sorcerers were bad and must die so that Camelot would be safe, but this time it bothered him, more so even then when he helped the druid boy Mordred escape. There was only one thing he could do, talk to Merlin.

~~~~~

Merlin jumped up with surprise as he heard someone approaching his cell. ?Gaius,? he said, as his mentor came closer.

?Oh Merlin, you have really landed yourself in a right mess,? Gaius said despairingly.

?I know,? Merlin acquiesced. ?But I didn?t try to use magic, it just happened.?

?What do you mean??

?I mean that I wasn?t even trying to use magic at the time!? Merlin explained.

?But that...? Gaius started and then frowned. ?It seems altogether unusual that after being in control of your magic for most of your life that only now it is subconscious by nature.?

?I know,? Merlin agreed. ?But what am I going to do? I?m supposed to protect Arthur, but how can I do that when I?m on the run from Uther or burnt on a stake??

?I cannot answer that,? Gaius replied honestly. ?Everything depends on how Arthur reacts.?

Merlin nodded, and felt the butterflies rise in protest in his empty stomach. How would the prince react to find that his manservant has been practicing magic in secret? He didn?t have to wait long. Mere minutes after Gaius left, the prince came to the cell door.

Merlin studied Arthur?s face, trying to determine just what he was thinking, but the Prince kept his face guarded so that there was no sign.

?You?re a sorcerer,? Arthur stated simply in an accusing voice.

?Yes,? Merlin said cautiously.

?You know the law, why have you studied magic??

?Arthur,? Merlin started. ?I was born like this; I cannot hel

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm glad to see Arthur isn't as harsh as his father! But it's a shame he won't trust Merlin.