main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI MI-Grand Rapids - Griffins Hockey - March 31st

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TX0338, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX0338

TX0338 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    Star Wars Night with the Griffins is on....

http://griffinshockey.com/

Where:
    Van Andel Arena
    130 West Fulton
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

When:
    Sat. Mar 31st, 2007
    Game time - 7:00pm
    Set-up either Friday night or after 10:00am Saturday

The event will consist of:

We will be raising money for "The Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation"

The Grand Rapids Griffins Youth Foundation was established in 1995 to expand the opportunities for participation in ice skating and related sports and activities, and to encourage academic excellence, community involvement and healthy lifestyles among the youth of West Michigan.

http://griffinshockey.com/community/youthfoundation/

During the game:
    The whole night is going to be geared towards a Star Wars theme. They will have video segments for use at the open and during the game. It's going to be a fun night.

They are setting us up with:

- Huge banquet room to change in and store our totes. Griffins will also supply a cooler of free waters, Gatorades, etc.. for us in the banquet room.

- Food passes for concessions

- Darth Vader dropping the ceremonial first puck at center ice.

- Games and events the 501st will be involved in during the 1st and 2nd intermissions. Those games are still TBD.

- Star Wars trivia going on throughout the night on the big screen inside the arena.. Just like the Whitecaps... Somebody from the arena roving the stands with a wireless mic...the in-house spotlight will stop when a person is asked the Star Wars trivia... if that person gets the question right, they'd win a nice prize. The Griffins people said they would look into getting autographed Red Wings stuff to have as gift, Red Wings tickets, obviously Griffins memorabilia, and whatever Star Wars stuff we bring (Griffins are in bed with Meijer so maybe they can get some Star Wars DVD sets donated or some new Star Wars Toys).

Photo Booth Information:

The space on concourse for photos would be front and center.
    Photos and such would be available 6-7pm pre-game and then as late into the game as we want to stay.

Parking:

They are also going to be providing us with parking passes.

Meeting update:

We will be assigning captains to be in charge of various aspects of this event. We will post a description of each captains duties soon.

- Photo-Booth (With costumers)
    - Games
    - Line Control
    - Photography/Video
    - Display table

We will be needing people to help with ink for the printers and paper to go along with the ink. We will be using HP Vivera 02 ink. They can be purchased in packs or individually. If you would like to help with this or anything else you are more than welcome to.

Grand Rapids Griffins Event Attendance list:
    1. Susie E Leopold - Leia
    2. David Gates - Boba Fett
    3. Brent L Ashcroft <Helper Griffins Liaison>
    4. Michael G Karp - Clone Trooper
    5. Jon C Leopold - AT-ST
    6. Brooke L Merva - Officer / Sand Trooper
    7. Jason J Ujvari - Sand Trooper w/Skates
    8. Donavon D Larabel - Officer
    9. Phil R Font - Darth Vader
    10. Pat Dawson <Helper>
    11. Mike Dawson <Helper>
    12. Lou Rodriquez - Sand Person
    13. John B Blizzard - Clone Trooper
    14. Brien L Skinner - Clone Trooper
    15. Carl Nelson - Royal Guardsman / Jedi
    16. Robert A Amid - Tie Pilot
    17. Carrie C Ivey - Storm Trooper
    18. Jason Ivey - Storm Trooper
    19. Rome Ohnui - Officer / Storm Trooper
    20. Janette Rodriquez - Jawa
    21. Brendon J Ewers - 2nd Darth Vader / Storm trooper
    ?
    22. Brad Trimble - Scout Trooper
    23. Josh Wells - Sand Person
    ?
    24. Shannon Trombley - Rebel Trooper
    25. Matt Scobey - Count Dooku
    26. Michael Peacock <Help>
    27. Joel Aldrich - Jedi
    28. Scott Scharke - Jedi
    29. Linda Pellerito - Jedi
    30. Richard B

2. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    PS... I need someone to make a list of everyone who is interested in this event. Let me know if you want to do that.

Is this said list from all three groups(501st, RL, and GRFF) or just the GR Fan Force?

3. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Lets just have it be the RL and GR Fan Force. If no one is able to get a list of RL people then just the GRFF.

Later,
    Donavon

4. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Count Dooku is 100% IN !!! Can't wait, I have friends a family that already reserved tickets for this... :D :D =D= :D :D

5. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    The option was brought up, some time ago, for volunteering as non-costumed help. And since I now KNOW this game won't intersect with my volunteer duties with the Grand Raggidy Roller Girls, I'd like to be counted in on that department. o_O

6. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    We will really need extra help for this game. I am planning on having a brainstorming meeting in the next two weeks. I will post when I know the time and date.

Later,
    Donavon

7. LeiaSkywalker4

LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    By the way D-Man I will do the list thingy despite the fact that you never answered my question in the pm.[face_whistling]:D

8. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    If you look up I think I did answer you... I said "Lets just have it be the RL and GR Fan Force. If no one is able to get a list of RL people then just the GRFF."

So yeah go ahead and put together the list.

Thanks,
    Donavon

9. stiger1

stiger1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2007
    No, no, no the personal message I sent you D-Man. Do you want me to list this event on the RL boards? I can do the list for the RL also but most of the people there are in the 501st. I am in the RL now.

10. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    LeiaSkywalker4 and now stiger1 !!!! :eek:
    "This is getting out of hand.... Now there are 2 of them" ;)

11. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    If you want to post in the RL... We'll see if we get any hits.

Later,
    Donavon

12. stiger1

stiger1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2007
    Copy that D-Man.

13. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting sat, but count me in, i'll have to get the moth ball smell out of my Jedi robe's though LOL.

14. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Update... I will also be starting a list of people attending soon.

15. Jaareth

Jaareth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2004
    Hey D-man...i was up at kaybee the other nite and a few others up there from kaybee showed interest in non-costume help...i forwarded them towards you. if they dont get ahold of ya they said they would say hi on the 31st at game and see if we needed help.

16. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    I can't wait for the event!! [face_dancing]

"Photo Booth Information:
    The space on concourse for photos would be front and center.
    Photos and such would be available 6-7pm pre-game and then as late into the game as we want to stay."

Is anyone staying the whole game, or once the photo both is done is everyone changing and leaving?
    I'm just trying to get the feeling on who is staying or how long the PB is going to stay open. I know during the game we might not be that busy but I'm sure during the intermission we'll be busy again.
    I'm staying the whole game for sure, in costume I'm sure. :D

jabba974, I hope we finally get to meet... don't worry this Sith Lord won't bite. ;) :D

Jaareth, I'll bring my Dooku figure for you. :D

17. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Just to let you know... the photo booth wont be done... lol It is going to run all night!!! The Griffins have NO idea. The event will be done sometime after the game gets out. We will be making late dinner plans also.

For the whitecaps event we had a line going outside the park all night long. People bought tickets to the game and didn't see one minute of it. We expect this event to be the same. BE READY!!!!

Donavon

18. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    OK... lol, That's what I was thinking. I didn't really think we would shut down the photo both. With all the kids that come to these games I figured we'd be busy pretty much the whole game. :D

Edit:
    CAN'T WAIT, only 28 more days!!! [face_dancing]

How's the list of who is coming going?

19. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    any news on a list yet?

20. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    We will have a list by Thursday... we have over 20 costumers and around 30 or more total people attending.

Thanks,
    Donavon

21. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    WOOT WOOT ... 18 more days!! :D [face_dancing] =D=

The griffins have been making a big push the last couple months for the playoffs, so this event should be VERY big and busy.

22. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    I'll be there this wednesday, every time they win we get free tickets, so GO Griffins!!!

23. Count_Scoobith

Feb 11, 2004
    WOW, that's a nice deal. :D

Almost 14 days.... =D=

24. jabba974

Sep 17, 2004
    This is kind of a bumb question, but I'll ask any way, we still have to buy tickets, for ourselve's/family, or is there a discount package ??

25. TX0338

Jan 18, 2005
    Everyone helping will get in for free. Family members will most likely have to pay. Our group is already going to be 30+ people. We are still trying to figure out if we will have seats or not. I doubt that seeing that we will be so busy, but I will let you know.

The first post is updated. I still have yet to post the attendance list yet. We have 18 confirmed costumers from the 501st, plus a few that are not yet confirmed.

Also... For any of the games/events that the Griffins would like us to help out with we will try to have a good mix of characters. It wont only be 501st characters. We will need Jedi and all you Rebels to help as much as possible!!!

Thanks,
    Donavon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.