main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable Microscope: the RPG (Reboot!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Saintheart, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Whoops, sorry, thought someone was ahead of me. :p

Essen Tian is thinking about the mission as a whole. Once the control room had been overtaken, Essen and her other men would sneak up and simply begin to kill and injure any they saw with relation to Pak'ston. They would focus most of their attention on injuring the daughter though. And she would make sure the girl was hurt before the whole assault was over.

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Quick note: Ramza, you're up. ;)

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sorry, I'm kind of stupidly busy on Mondays and Tuesdays, eats into my "Not moderating" time.

Bob is thinking "Man, I hope I don't screw this up - I'm so nervous. Last night I couldn't even hold my brush steady. Look at my hand twitching! That is not normal! Pull it together, Bob!"

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Gian'pak isn't thinking of anything special at all. Just logistics, and timetables, and where the hell was that human loading supervisor who was supposed to be here? Surely he hadn't gotten lost. She'd even gone to the trouble of ensuring this particular docking bay had signs written in the narrow band of colour which the humans charmingly called the "visible light spectrum" (Loren eyesight being tuned to a far wider band).

Well. She doesn't need him anyway. She had her own men ... <insert more boring thoughts about docking procedures here>

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Sorry, stupidly busy again...

Right, well Xan gets to set up, so she can specify characters present at the start of the scene. I'd advise a sort of dateline like the one I had in the last game...

Lens: Saintheart
    Current Focus: Captain Abraham Perry
    Historical Period: The colonies of Earth struggle to fend for themselves as Earth falls.
    Event: Earth disappears from the solar system

Question: Why didn't Abraham Perry's daughter escape from Earth before it disappeared?

Setting: blasted, war-torn industrial zone in the Chicago area. It's a battleground -- one where Perry's men are desperately trying to hold the line with dwindling ammunition against advancing combat droids, the progeny of the artificial intelligence NOMAD. They are trying to hold the line long enough for Perry's ship, the David, to be fully fuelled and provisioned for a cold launch into orbit and for the long ride to the nearest human colony on the Moon. It's implied Perry makes it off Earth, but also implied that his daughter does not.
    Required Characters: Abraham Perry, his daughter. None banned.

Characters present at start of scene: Captain Perry, M, Gus Graham

...And then Xan can either start us off, or tag someone to begin! :)

6. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    (Sorry, my turn to be stupidly busy and sick besides, will kick this off today ish)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Okay! Here we go:

Lens: Xany
    Current Focus: the Tian Family, a human-controlled cartel
    Period: The Three Families War.
    Event: Essen Tian's attack on a Pak'ston dock.

Question: How did Pak'ston's daughter get away from the Tian Family attack despite being injured?

Stage: It is the Tian Family assault on the docks. Essen Tian has a personal vendetta against Pak'ston for the death of her brother (who was in turn killed because he killed Pak'ston's son). She and her team will kill several of Pak'ston's people, injure his daughter, and still get away with enough leeway to leave the Tian mark on the floor of the docking bay.

Setting: Industrial, dirty, barely-a-step-above-the-law, and above all busy: trade is what fuels The City, and The City's docking bays are trade's gateway the outside galaxy. Yet for all the City's best efforts, its control of the docks is tenuous at best. Despite advances in technology and robotics, docking work is backbreaking and menial, its practitioners mostly comprised of itinerant workers with an eye out for something - anything - better than docking work. In short, it's the perfect place for gang recruitment. It is in this environment that Pak'ston came to control several of the City's docking bays - not directly, not officially, but control nonetheless - and it is in this environment that his daughter Gian'pak is waiting for the bay's human loading supervisor so she can load up her father's goods onto the freighter..

Characters present at the start of the scene: Gian'pak (others are nearby, presumably)

And ... feel free to start, anyone!

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Docking Bays of the City

The noise of the dock was good; it covered her approach as surely as if she'd actually had a Cloak Device. The only attention Elena was looking for right now was that of the two camera operators in that booth further up. And she was fairly sure she had their attention given what she was wearing: tight fitting black dress showing a hell of a lot more leg than even the more 'racy' fashions of the City allowed for at present, to complement the long flow of red hair tied in a long, single braid down her back.

She became certain she had their attention when she reached the door and it was opened for her without her even having to give a pass name to the speakers. She stepped quietly into the lift, her high heels clicking loudly, and turned. A moment's sensation of gravity increasing, and the door opened again into the bright control room, alive with monitors and readouts and virtual displays hanging in the air.

Not that anyone was watching those displays right now. The two men were watching her instead.
    "I'm here for my appointment," she said.
    There was a momentary silence, as the two guards drank in her appearance. Then the older one gestured her in wordlessly. The lift's door closed behind her with a serpentine hiss.
    She walked slowly into the room. Three. Four. Five steps.
    Then she unzipped the front of the dress, at least to the halfway mark. Stopped; stood still. Raised an eyebrow, one hand on the zip.
    "What?" managed one of the guards.
    She glanced at the windows through which a good portion of the dock area was visible. "You're the only ones who paid for the show," she said.
    The younger one stumbled over to a control; tapped a panel. The windows turned dark, polarising.
    "That's better," she said, smiling. Pulled the zip down to the bottom, shrugged out of the dress like an old skin. What was revealed had no support and required none. The high heels were deftly off her feet with a well-practiced turn of her ankles.

The silence was long.
    "So," she said, eventually. "Who's first?"
    The older one started forward. Which was the only part she'd been worried about, since the younger one's gun was on the table.
    When he reached her, she flicked her head, the long, luxurious red braid flicking around to catch around his neck. She grabbed it, putting a knee between his legs, and took him to the floor, tightening it. Normally, of course, a braid of hair would not be sufficient to strangle a man. So it was a good thing she'd threaded the razorwire through the braid, now gripping at the safe end and using a quick, practiced motion to open his throat with the core of sharpened steel at her braid's core. Hot blood sprayed over her.
    The other one, the younger one, was shouting towards God or someone like that. Little matter. She sprang loose of the old, fat man, red braid trailing blood behind it, and leapt across the room. He got his hand on the gun, but by that point she'd closed to under three feet and he was a dead man walking. He started to turn; she locked that arm, broke it at the elbow, then turned under his attempt to crouch and drove three fingers, stiffened, into his Adam's apple, crushing it.

He was still choking and thrashing on the ground as she turned, flesh rippling with control lights, and reached the console. Her hands danced across the displays, shutting down the eye-wire grid and the gas-monitoring on the vents. Next were the lights, and the connection to the City Watch alarm grids.

She took a glance to see the young one had stopped moving.
    One day, Essen, she thought to herself, that'll be you. I swear to the risen Christ.
    She touched her ear. "I'm in. Alarms are down. Go."

TAG: All

9. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Docking Bays of the City

Essen approached the docking bays with a radiant smile on her face. With red lipstick perfectly smeared across her luscious lips, her grin seemed almost especially vicious. The tight black dress made her almost a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Three men working along in the docks had whistled at her as she passed. The culture may change over centuries, but that never had. And Essen was glad of it.​

Running a hand through her flowing auburn blonde hair, Essen actually turned on her microphone. A simple flick of her nail and she was hearing the words from her beloved sister. ​

“You heard her,” She whispered, still maintaining that happy smirk as she stepped closer and closer to the docks, “Operation’s a go.”

And in what seemed like ten seconds, Essen watched as men slipped out of places that no one would of assumed. The three men who had been watching her as she approached were suddenly ambushed. Essen herself reached down to her shoe, which had seemed a little big to the men, and pulled out a weapon of her own. Stolen from one the City’s police force, this weapon would do enough damage to permanently injure someone if fired properly.​

And Essen knew how to fire a gun.​

Her grin had seemed to grow as she walked, and she even found herself chuckling as she fired the first shot. She could feel her brother’s hand on her shoulder, cheering her on as she practiced shooting. Even before she had been a grown woman, her brother knew she would be a better shooter than he. She had such promise, and even when emotions would normally overtake a person, she could use them to her own advantage. ​

Her brother had been main advocate, and now he was dead.​

She would make them pay.​

Especially Gian’pak.​

TAG: All

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Anyone still on this one? I'd jump in and make some major advances to the scene, but I don't want to step on Ramza or Xan's toes...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.