main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth MidSouth Get-Together Planning!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The gauntlet has been thrown down!

Paintball! Paintball! Paintball!

Who's up for it? :D

2. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    As long as we don't call it the MIDSOUTH get-together. Since there's no such thing as MIDSOUTH on any maps anywhere.

3. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Have we considered breathing life back in to this gathering ? ? ?

Let's go for it people cause 05 is the Year of the Sith . . .

Take Care

John

4. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Elizabeth and I have talked about doing something either in Waco or DFW.

There's a new indoor paintball place that was I think around $40 for an all-inclusive paintball session.

Suggestions?

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I know it may be a drive for some of you, but if you all planned anything in the Texarkana area there may be some Arkansans that could pull off an Arkansas/Texas meet. Is that possible?

6. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    I have a really cool idea but I don't know how many would be interested.

We have a HUGE meet at the Medieval Times in DFW.
    http://www.medievaltimes.com/

This would be a HUGE get together with a lot of members from all over the MIDSOUTH area.

Those folks with SW costumes can wear them and for one night only we could turn the place inside out for Star Wars!

After you go inside there is a good 30-45 min wait while the place is prepared. This would give all the members time to chat and visit as well as cool photo ops with costumed people.

Since Medieval Times has blue, green, red knights etc. we (for the one evening) have our own Star Wars Knight with a huge flag for Star Wars!!

I have spoken to the management before about an idea such as this for a special gathering and they are always open to cater to large parties/gatherings.

I know COST is a big issue when attending because they are proud of the establishment and the prices reflect such. BUT! Perhpas discounts for large groups could offset some of the costs??

There are numerous hotels around the around, very affordable that can accomodate out of town guests for our function.

We could have a Empire vs Rebel kind of seating arrangement.

We could also call the local news channels and have it as a cool story for them to cover. I am sure it would be a hoot to see 20-30 stormtroopers, Vader and other costumes outside the restaurant.

It would be a great deal of exposure for the MIDSOUTH FanForce and Medieval Times!

Any thoughts?

Todd
    DF

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    The Medival times sounds like a hoot but coming from central Arkansas I will need a little warning on the date with the holidays coming up and my wife ShadowScout04 in retail weekends have to be planed ahead. But we are all for Arkansas making a go of the Fan Force and if I have to lead it then I will. And if it means going to Dallas to meet up with some people for ideas then lets pack our bags. Maybe this is somthing that could be done right after christmas I know some people and kids have two weeks off during that time and would have extra drive time.

8. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    People need to start planning then. I personally haven't been to medieval times and would welcome the chance to go, but i live in dallas so the trip doesn't weigh in so much for me. Of course, while everyone's up here, we could do other things besides medieval times. Ask tulsa about laser tag ;)

9. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I think we should shoot for the first of the year.

10. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    We could definetly do it the first of the year.. and I agree we could do MORE during the day say between our chapters like the paintball...

We could also do the ultimate stump slash Star Wars Trivial Persuit challenge.

The idea is to have 3 chapters/teams think of 20-30 SW questions to put into a hat. The game is played with 3 chapters opposing each other for a prize. With each chpater thinking of 20-30 questions you would have 60-90 questions total to run the game.

The object is the first chapter/team to get 20 questions right wins. Questions not used or answered can be used for succeeding rounds or the next time we play. It's a cool game and I have personally palyed it with friends around here and will be introducing it to my chapter here in Killeen. It's a blast. Especially after a few beers. <wink>

You'd be surprised how many SW fans don't know how to spell "Corellian Fighter Pilot" when they are drunk. LOL <did I spell that right?>

Just kidding...

We could do that between chapters for prizes or the title of "Offically Knowing it all" chapter. LOL

Thought?

Todd
    DF

11. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    So each group thinks up 20-30 STAR WARS-related questions, huh?! That could be interesting! We have learned to go light on the beverages when trivia is involved though :p

Also, depending on when everyone wants to get together, we also have ALL-CON coming up in February, DFW FanForce will be hosting the first-ever MS. STAR WARS contest and there will be plenty of sci-fi/fantasy type things to do there!

12. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Now that sounds like fun!

All Con eh??

Got a webpage or site with details for all of us yet?

Todd
    DF

13. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    LOL! It's in my sig line... http://www.all-con.org

For best ticket prices, order by the 17th of this month. Hotel rates are low, we have 3 of our 4 bands scheduled in addition to all the other fun activities there will be.

Keep checking the site for more updates, the snowball effect is beginning to happen as more content is confirmed :cool:

14. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    DUH! Guess I missed my coffee that morning! lol

WOW! This looks to be THE event for the new year for Texas!

I will pass on the info to our chapter!

Maybe we'll get to meet each other at the CON this time! I missed getting to shake hands during the SciFi CON this past NOV.

Enjoy!
    Todd
    DF

15. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    All-Con sounds like it may be a good place for us to gather . . .

I will talk amongst the SA area peoples to see if they are interested :)

Take Care

John

16. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Cool! Just to make sure we all get to meet in one place, we'll add a FanForce mixer to the schedule for Friday night.

Also, if your people need any convincing to come, check out our ALL-CON flash presentation...LOTS of activities are being offered, if you don't find enough to keep you entertained, I'm not sure you have a pulse :p

For those who can make it, again remember preregistration prices go up after December 17th...you can now order tickets by phone by calling Titan Comics in Dallas at 214-350-4420.

Anyone know any can-can dancers or fans of MOULIN ROUGE! ??? We're putting together an audience-participation screening of the film and need as many fancily-dressed Victorian/bohemians as possible :D

Finally, this event is being organized by members of FanForce, the 501st, and Rebel Legion, so the more support from our groups we can muster, the better!!! [face_dancing]

17. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Hmmmm Fanforce mixer say you....

Enjoyment and good times there will be.

Much to discuss on times and places do we.

:)
    Todd
    DF

18. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Mixer will take place this Friday night, right after the Ms. STAR WARS Contest! :D

See y'all there!

19. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Do you guys want to put together a plan to meet at the FanForce party at C3? If so, it probably warrants its own thread with a sign-up list stating who will/won't be there. Just an idea. ;)

20. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    I would like to attend, and I am sure I can get a couple of FanForce Acadiana members interested too. Just make sure you let me know when this debate is settled.

21. JediMaster_Cimental

JediMaster_Cimental Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2005
    yes just PM me when you know the place we are to meet and me and the chapter I have here will go

thanks

22. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    It was fun finally getting to meet you in person, Elan!

Also, anyone interested in tabletop miniatures gaming? Austin FanForce suggested at C3 that we all get together to play sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.