main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mile High Fanforce

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    ( Standing shyly...)
    Um Hi... my name is Tracy and im a Star Wars junkie....
    I have been since i saw the original release at the drive in, Anyone in Greeley remember the drive-in?
    WEll anyway, i have been studying visual effects for a number of years and live in greeley working as tech support. I have done a few aperances as Darth Vader and misc. Jedi for the movies. I am trying to set myself up as a freelance effects designer. I love Halloween and building haunted houses.
    Here is my hompage, it better shows what i like and stuff..
    http://www.geocities.com/trixxter_90/trixters_page.htm

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Good afternoon, all. My name is Tim. I'm not sure why I'm gonna do this, but it's crowin' & gut-spillin' time.....My wife and five dogs(kids)live outside of Golden. My main focus(other than the aforementioned)has been the realistic saving of creatures, especially the rhinos and man's best friend. I have been so enthralled with SW for years that I've never sought another fictional venue in earnest. As a child, I was brought up to believe that what goes around comes around, that you must live striving to be better everyday, that you face your mistakes, that you try not to repeat them and that your words should belay your unpinnings. As an example, I told my wife when I met her that I was her third and last husband and that she was my first and only wife(we have been together now for a decade & she refers to me as "hubby-wan-kenobi".) I have been seen by most as a hopeless dreamer, but I truly believe that imagination and effort will prevail over most mundane situations, and that the true human spirit we should all reach for is, quite frankly, the Jedi code. Throughout my life, I have always believed in God...nothing else, just God, which to me is essentially the "Force". I also believe that all the energy that has ever been will ever be....like the man said "it just changes form". I believe that the mind can indeed cure the body(as a medical-type, I've seen that power at work)and I fully believe that a spirit that has gone before is not gone....only waiting patiently in the wings, guiding us in ways we can only imagine. Death reciprocates life, and it is indeed the living of life that matters. I value the struggle of righteousness, the humility that exudes from human learning and hold in great disdain any life that harbors ill against another. Life without honour and compassion is not a life worth living, in my view. In our current struggles as a race, is it not odd how many nations have risen up to fight a horrid evil.....much like a vast hollywood galaxy once did? I find the silver screen capable of personifying more reality than we often wish to admit. I know, especially with these words, that I am looked at with a cautious eye, but then, why shouldn't I be viewed that way? How many times have you seen a person put their heart on display in this manner? How many times have you witnessed a person that really strove to live up to their words, tried valiantly to never repeat his mistakes, put his life on the line for what he believes in, stay true to his mate for life, and faced hopeless fights only to rise from the turf to fight on? I have done all these things and more....and I will do better tomorrow. I am a good man, I live to be a better man everyday, and I am damn proud to do so. I have never had cause to speak thus, but maybe you folks can understand. I have always believed that one of the reasons that so many people were drawn to SW was simply because they wanted to believe in heroes, villians, the struggle, hope and a sense of purpose. I am immersed in reality, I have always been and I believe further that it has given me a unique insight into life....real life. Not many push the envelope as hard as I, unfortunately. In so many ways, I am Jedi, manifest in the most human sense. I struggle to come to terms with the universe, what is good and evil, seeking out how to find balance in my mundane life with my fellow humans. As a 12 year Marine veteran, I realized that I was a lot closer to the 'code' than I wanted to admit. I took up the banner of the Marines because I realized that inactivity is the greatest downfall, that defense of others is the greatest task, that evil must be challenged and beat back, and that freedom is the epitome of existence. Strive mightily, fear not the burdens or the mistakes, pick up the pack and carry on. Is it preposterous that I mince reality and fiction? I think not. Truth is, indeed, often stranger than fiction. I have put these words down to get it off my chest....I have striven for my whole life to be the best man I can possibly be, and it is wholly ironic to me that this hollywood

3. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Well as some of you might know, I'm obsessed with SW Bounty Hunters lol. I also just bought Galactic Battlegrounds for PC, but i'm upgrading and something's wrong with my new motherboard! lol SW games are very cool. I'm very into reading the SW Novels and am looking to buy every Bounty Hunter Action Fig but it's hard to find them still in the packages. Maybe you guys can help me out! Like Obey Wann, i also work for the company with the big blue lights although a different building. I have/Don't have a girlfriend right now...we are "seperated" but still together I guess, she hates SW and i think she kinda thinks i'm a NERD or something! haha. Well I have pictures but I would have to upload them and I can't do that yet since my PC is still out of Commission. I live in Denver on Fed/Hampden, but am moving near Belleview Park in Englewood by month's end. I have a rottweiler. I love sw but i'm not a HARDCORE fan, you know..nowhere near OW and his pictures :) I think it's cool to do that kind of stuff though, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, you know? lol and judging from what I've been seeing, I can safely say that none of you guys take it too far. :) I'm glad I found a place where i can talk about sw to others, especially local fans!

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yep, Orion, you hit the nail on the head, bro. That's why I stopped RPG'n years ago....too many players either played to exploit the game or couldn't figure out when the game was done. Cons began to get just as bad; some of them fools wouldn't take the uniforms off(and they really didn't look good in them to begin with!)....so much fiction and so little reality.....'course that was out in CA....maybe that was it. Nice to me you. Have you seen a local thread that seems to stay constant....these appear to bounce around a lot?

5. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Yes, from what i see, threads bounce around a lot in here. But yeah, I know what you mean about where the fiction ends and where real life begins. I mean, but if it makes them happy, that's all that matters. Like when i read some threads about certain things, people go insane like it's some fact or real life history. Granted it's funny sometimes, flaming others for not knowing EVERYTHING about the star wars universe irks me. Hell, I'm a fan, they're fans, let's all be fans together ;)

6. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I know....I've never had enough brain-cells to memorize the 'history books' of SW to begin with! It's like the Cons and even the SCA...buddies would act like some character or persona during the event, and even afterward, but if they ever took the costume off, they actually looked like they were in a fog! But if they were in 'form', they could recite they appropriate 'bible' to you. I got a kick out of it for a while, but soon after, I was ready to talk about reality, and they just could not connect, ya know?

7. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I know exactly what you mean. I never was into the whole RPG thing because I had a buddy who played it and he would tell me about all the characters and stuff and it was a never ending thing. And all his buddies would walk around with all the accessories like ALL the time, it was like the game never ended. It even got out of hand with Star Wars, which is one of the reason why i've been a closet fan for so long. They'd talk the star wars lingo back and forth and they thought it was so funny when someone didn't get their "jokes" But oh well lol I'm a hardcore SW fan, probably longer than they were but you don't have to go overboard to be a fan! ;)

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Exactamundo! Granted, I don't go looking to spoil anybody's fun, but how fun can it be for the rest of us when we are ready to call it a day, but the buds we're hangin' with can't put the 'book' down!? Personally, I've always liked the SW series simply because it allows my imagination to flow....it opens other lines of thought and lets me look back on my own life in a more illustrated sense, ya know? And I don't consider that a bad thing, because it always allows me to go back to my job, my wife, my dogs, mt actual life.....in a way, I feel for those who can't move between worlds that easily...it must be tough in that kind of perpetual hollywood soup.

9. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Exactamundo! Granted, I don't go looking to spoil anybody's fun, but how fun can it be for the rest of us when we are ready to call it a day, but the buds we're hangin' with can't put the 'book' down!? Personally, I've always liked the SW series simply because it allows my imagination to flow....it opens other lines of thought and lets me look back on my own life in a more illustrated sense, ya know? And I don't consider that a bad thing, because it always allows me to go back to my job, my wife, my dogs, my actual life.....in a way, I feel for those who can't move between worlds that easily...it must be tough in that kind of perpetual hollywood soup.

10. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Exactamundo! Granted, I don't go looking to spoil anybody's fun, but how fun can it be for the rest of us when we are ready to call it a day, but the buds we're hangin' with can't put the 'book' down!? Personally, I've always liked the SW series simply because it allows my imagination to flow....it opens other lines of thought and lets me look back on my own life in a more illustrated sense, ya know? And I don't consider that a bad thing, because it always allows me to go back to my job, my wife, my dogs, my actual life.....in a way, I feel for those who can't move between worlds that easily...it must be tough in that kind of perpetual hollywood soup.

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    GADS!!!!! What have I done??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.