main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Milwaukee Brewers fan club.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by darth_gersh, Mar 7, 2008.

1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I don't know who did the banner but there are better choices out there to represent the crew than Torres. [face_laugh]

2. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I wonder when the Brew Crew will offically lose sheets and Sabathia?

3. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Sheets being gone I'm looking forward to. CC I'm not, but I was expecting he'd be somewhere by now... o_O

If I were him, I have no idea why I'd even consider staying in Milwaukee. His arm would fall off after 2 years. It sure would be awesome if he stuck around though.

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
  5. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Bye Bye CC thanks for being a true professional durring your time in Milwaukee.

6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    :_|

Thanks for everything CC! Your name will forever be etched in Brewer lore.

God I hate the Yankees.

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Trevor Hoffamn is a Brewer.

I really like this. Hoffman isn't the dominant closer he was a few years ago, but he still saved 30 of 34 last year on a bad Padres team. This could really help solidify the bullpen.

8. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I agree also. Last year we signed Gagme for 10 mil. Hoffman is 6 mil with 1.5 in incentives. Much better deal. I hope it works out.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, I have to say, I like this deal from the Brewers perspective. Nice signing, and not one that is too terribly costly if it doesn't work out (though I think it will work well).

10. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Hoffman is a pretty good signing for the Brewers and I don't look forward to the Cubs facing him in the 9th. Hoffman has to be a better deal than Gagne was, but he is coming in on the tail end of his career. Hoffman will probably be a good mentor for the bullpen.

11. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Well we signed to pitchers today from the Yankee's. Depth helps.

12. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Not an exciting deal, but we needed something.

Heard the Brewers might have to pay for Stained Sheets' elbow surgery. [face_plain]

14. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    The fifth spot in the rotation is pretty much up for grabs, so the more pitchers they bring in, the better.

15. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/39346657.html

Brewers sign another pitcher. Well it gives another option and more depth. Really just tells me that they arn't gonna lay down.

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Ryan Brauns MRI was negative. No tear or any fractures in his ribs. Good news.

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Win number one last night. Gallardo pitched the way he can pitch, and added a three run blast to boot. Last night shows why i don't think this team is going to miss C.C. as much as everyone thinks they are.

18. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah, Gallardo pitched really good. That 3 run home run blast was awesome.

19. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    This start by the Brewers sucks.

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Well, they've now won 3 of their last 4 after Bush flirts with another no-no today. Won the first series of the year. Things feel like they're starting to turn around a bit.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Heck of a start by Bush, hate to see a no-no bid like that ruined by a homer, losing the shutout at the same time. Still a great job, though.

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    We lost today but I must say in General everyone seems to be waking up. Except that Nelson guy they keep using for pinch hitting. I swear I have not see him hit the ball once this year. I mean what the Bllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Sweep of the Pirates today. The team has now won 8 of 10, and are above .500. They've kept themselves from falling out of the Central Race early, like they were in danger of. They're starting to look like a very good team again. Another outstanding outing from Gallardo today, 8IP, 0ER, 11Ks. He could 15+ games this year. I think this team could surprise a lot of people this year.

24. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Yep that game was awesome yesterday. Yovanni hit the heck out that homerun too. He is now holds the most homers by a pitcher for the Brewers. Go Brewers.

25. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Nice comeback win tonight, six runs in the eighth and ninth inning, including a GW, 3-run homer from Weeks.

I'm so glad Jim Skallen is gone, Dale Sveum has really done some good work with these hitters. He's got them patient, he's got them not trying to hit the ball a mile every time. I mean, three times this year, I've seen J.J. Hardy get a base hit to the opposite field. He never went opposite field last year. Weeks has especially benefited, he's much better at the plate this year.