main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Mission: Impossible: 3 - Thurs. 5/4/06 11:59pm Tyson's Corner

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Grand_Moff_Stallion, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I realize everyone else here pretty much has regular jobs and this is a bit late, but since I'm going to be there, I thought I'd give it a shot. Anyone interested in joining me.

2. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    No can do...sorry

3. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I'd love to, the movie looks great, however, I don't like Tom Cruise (too Cuckoo). Have fun though! :)

4. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Thanks for the invitation, but I'm back at work now and can't stay up that late :_|

-Lori

5. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Bummer, that conflicts with regular plans (sleep). I'll have to see it some other time.

Twilight, don't let stupid actors prevent you from enjoying a movie.

6. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I agree - the movie looks OK and it has other cool people in it, but I'm so bloomin' sick of Tom Cruise and his wacky antics. But I'll probably see the movie anyway. Sorry Stallion, it's too late for me :( - if anyone else wants to go during that weekend, I'm sure we can meet up!

7. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I didn't see MI2, so I'm afraid I'd be lost......

8. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Well, that's lots of car crashes, and fights, and spy things and stuff. :) There, that ought to bring you up to speed. LOL

9. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    I saw MI2 but remember nothing about it except what Twilight mentioned, so I'm sure you'd be OK! [face_laugh]

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I dunno. What if I missed a pivotal car chase?

11. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ewww, don't support that creepy Tom Cruise! Yuck!

12. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey, if I based my moviegoing on the stupidity of actors, I would've never seen Batman Begins. Or Thank You for Smoking, for that matter. (I haven't actually seen that one, yet, but it's on my to do list)

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Cruise, but to be fair, everyone's known for at least 15 years that he's a nut job. I was actually a bit surprised that this latest episode is what turned so many heads. But maybe I'm just jaded. I blame Bruce for that.

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It's nothing personal for me. I just was bored with MI #1. Plus, I just never thought he was all that hot, so I don't even get the eye candy thrill out of his flicks.

Though I liked Interview with a Vampire.

14. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    I was never big on him either, and I guess we should have known he was a nut. But it's kind of like Mel Gibson - it was under the radar for so long that we should have known but didn't.

Int w/a Vamp was OK, but I never warmed to TC in that role - in fact I thought all the actors looked miscast, based on the character descriptions in the book. Although I have no idea who I might have cast instead, if anyone had asked me (yeah right! LOL)

15. PlayzOboe

PlayzOboe Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    I didn't see any of the MI movies nor do I really plan to. The only movie I liked with Tom Cruise was Top Gun. Yeah I agree about Mel Gibson too. But hey, whatever floats their boat as long as they don't try to inflict their views upon me...TC really pissed me off with that anti depressant comment

16. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Best thing about Top Gun - Val Kilmer. Now, he's weird, but whoo boy! Easy on the eyes.

I try to ignore Tom Cruise and all the other nuts out there. That's the problem with America - as a society, we pay waaaaay too much attention to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.