main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp MISSION STATEMENT

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RikSMaximus, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey gang...since we seem to forget about our mission statement, I thought it might be a good idea to post this as a topic, and we can put any thoughts we might have regarding this subject in, and (after it gets stirred around some) see what comes out! I'm not expecting to see a ton of posts here, but it's here if we need it...Eventually, when we actually have an official mission statement, we will replace this "rough draft" with a sticky-post containing the finished statement...

Rik

2. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    For us to come up with a mission statement, we have to take some things into consideration:

What do we want this club 'to do'? - As members of this club we direct the course that this club takes. Are we happy with the current structure with the one meeting/month where we can discuss all things Star Wars, or do we want to expand into other things? Which leads to number two...

How active do we want to be in the community? - This is something that all members should think about. Do we want to participate in blood drives, collect non perishable food for a food bank, or any other kind of charitable acts? This serves two purposes: we help the community we live in, plus it gives our club a favorable image with 'non members'.

That's all that I can come up with for now. If we decide to adopt a mission statement, I believe these items should be taken into account, whereas it will allow us to make the MS a bit more specific and clear, IMO.

Talk to all soon!

3. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm liking it! I knew posting this would get the creative juices going! I'm liking it! I think you are on the right track, John...And also, the collection of perishable foods is a great idea! I think I'll post something at CANTINA...maybe like a food drive for the Holiday Season...for a soup kitchen or something...

Rik

4. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I'm pretty happy with the one meeting a month right now but I would have no problem with meeting more than once a month if we decide on that in the future. I think the holiday food drive idea is great and if we do other things like this in the future I think it will give us a lot of recognition with the community.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, I've been floating some ideas around my head for our mission statement. I'm far from being a wordsmith, so keep that in mind when you read this. :) I figure this will be a good start and please feel free to alter or add anything to it:

The goal of the Manchester Mandalorians is to provide an environment where members are respected, share ideas, opinions, and a love of all things Star Wars equally. The Manchester Mandalorians will be a presence in the community, providing help to the citizens in the community in any form that is appropriate for the club.

That's my first draft. Gotta love those long drives home from work... it seems the only place where I can think!

Let me know what you think and like I have stated, anyone is free to alter, add, and whatnot to make it perfect!

6. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Not a bad start, Baron! I like it! And the beauty of the MISSION STATEMENT is that I'm sure we'll be adding to and modifying it along the way. I can see it as something that will grow and change for the better in time, just as the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS will...

Rik

7. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Is there anyway we can get a sample of other clubs' mission statements? That way we can have something to help us write ours.

-Cephas

8. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    I was thinkin' the same thing, Cephas...Unfortunately, I think it would have to be a manual search, though...

Rik

9. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I also liked it and it's pretty good for a first draft. Keep up the good work baron.

10. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello from Rhode Squadron,

The Mission Statement like nice. Mission statements are great. Its the only place where run on sentences are accepted. 8-} Just remember not to focus too hard on the statement and loose sight of the mission. Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.