main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the Week Ending July 14th

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Mod Squad Update for the Week Ending July 14th

[color=blue][u][b]Resignations and Promotions[/color][/u][/b]
    Vertical announced that he would be stepping down from his administrator position to fulfill a role as manager. Vert will be getting married and will not be able to dedicate as much time to the boards. Where are your priorities, Vert? At the same time, congratulations went out to Kadue as he was promoted to an administrator. He will do an excellent job and he?s most excited about the doubling of his salary. We quickly did the math and told him that 2x $0.00 is still 0.

[color=blue][u][b]Discussed need for a moderator in Community[/u][/color][/b]
    This thread was started in response to the announcement that farraday would be stepping down from his position of moderator. It was concluded that the recent promotions of moderators was sufficient at this time for Community. Discussion did turn, however, to more coverage needed for the Senate/Ampitheater and EUM as a result of Kadue?s promotion to administrator and Lord Bane?s eventual departure. This is in a preliminary state with a few names being reviewed. Adding me to your watched users list will sway my vote as well as large sums of money. But that?s just me.

[color=blue][u][b] Humor or Trolling?[/color][/u][/b]
    There was discussion as what makes a joke unacceptable. [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7875391]The thread that prompted this discussion[/link]

[color=blue][u][b]Default board color scheme[/color][/u][/b]
    We are currently discussing changing the current JC colors to a light-blue-and-cream look. Stay tuned!I suggested yellow and black, but they said it looks too much like a crime scene with bumblebees. How wude.

[color=blue][u][b]Snowboards issue and technical help[/b][/u][/color]
    The other night, Snowboards caught the flu and caused some server errors. It did not last long and appears to be back in operation. A steady diet of toast and orange juice has seemed to revive the boards. cbjedi requested help with a problem he's been having. TFN's main page and encarta.com, for example, won't load for him.

[color=blue][u][b]PM?s to admins about redundant threads and troll behavior[/color][/u][/b]
    Forum members who actively PM an admin in response to the above issues provide a much appreciated and needed service. If a thread is blatantly a trolling attempt, please report it. For everyday common redundant threads, we ask that you restrain from those PM?s as we see those right off the main thread page. What we do need help in is actual posts within a thread, as we are unable to read every post in every thread. For further clarification, please feel free to PM any admin. This topic stemmed from the redundancy department for redundant and repeated thread ideas.

[b][color=blue][u]Custom banners for each forum/LMM?s promotion[/b][/u][/color]
    There was a poll on whether or not we should put up customized banners for some of the more popular forums. There would be a "Submissions" thread for each of the larger forums, in which members could post links to banners they have made. The best of those would then be uploaded to the server and added to the forum. It was suggested that we allow the members of each forum to vote for the best banner submitted. After all, this is how we discovered folks like Lord Mauly Mall, who was promoted to TFN Staff. It is true that art is in the eye of the beholder. But let?s face it. Some art is just crap. So let?s make em? good.

[b][color=blue][u]TFN Humor Editor[/b][/u][/color]
    Chris Hanel was promoted as the new staff member for TFN humor. He will be writing columns and pieces for the site as well as making each of us laugh on demand whenever we want to hear something funny. So Ephont Man walks into the bar and Dr. Evazan says, ?Hey, buddy. Why the [i]long[/i] face?? Ba dum crash. Thank you?thank you very much. I?ll be here all night. Be sure to try the veal and tip your waiter.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Nice update, Sapient. Thank you :).

3. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    Thank you Darth Sapient I have been waiting for an update this whole week. Well done.

4. ADONIAH32

ADONIAH32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Sapient. I agree, a crime scene look to the board would be great ;) :D

5. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

thank you for the update :)

6. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    I DEMAND THAT BUTTSTEAK BE PROMOTED TO MOD!!!!11

;)

7. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    DS,

Thanks for the update and clarification on PMing mods about redundent threads. ;)

EDIT: We wouldn't know who has been PMing mods about redundent threads now would we? [face_innocent] *runs away quickly*

8. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
    :_| WHERE'S MY MISQUOTE?!?!? :_|

9. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Thanks DS

I like your Mod Squad Updates - are you going to be doing them from now on?

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Buttsteak's pretty much already there.

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Seems like a dull week if I say so myself.

12. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    They just aren't telling us everything.

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    No, that's really it. I looked through each thread from the past week and that's it.

14. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Except you left out my rant on why I'm better than everyone else. :(

But other than that, nice work! I definitely agree with the administration on this issue.

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes, but you rant about that every week. So I assumed everyone knew it was implied by its omission.

16. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    Excellent work Sapient! :)

..but what about PreacherBoy?

17. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm particularly fond of the yellow and black header title. A little bias, but cool nonetheless.

18. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    You're totally mad.

19. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL

Good job Sapient.

And uh *looks around warily* the check's in the mail. ;) :p

20. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Lord Bane's leaving?

[face_shocked]

21. Sigmund_Freud

Sigmund_Freud Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2002
    Damzit! You stolen my line Lord Ban!

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Bane is calling me mad? [face_laugh]

I am everywhere and no where!

I am the BAN Side of the Moon (that special, rarely seen side that makes a delightful apple crispt and hates all people :) )

23. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
  24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Touche, DS.

25. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey! Mods! Don't hijack this thread! :p

Thread Status: