main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod Squad Update for the week ending May 26th (Bigger, bolder, new format!)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gandalf the Grey, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh geez Bane, I think you need to fire your writers :p

I guess this is what happens when you spend so much time repressing jokes in the Senate?

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Lord Bane everyone, Lord Bane, let's give him a round of applause. He'll be here all week, be sure to tip your waitresses.

3. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Can I have colors? I've always wanted to be green.

4. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i shall recite the dispicable "Satanic Verse" if you don't do what he says, and if that doesn't scare you the historical subtext sure will!

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I have nothing to ask. :_| Very informative, Gandolf.

As far as setting up a new movie/EU forum, I have to agree with Gandolf and Vertical. It would be a bad idea. The infrastructure is already in place to discuss the movies and/or to discuss the EU. Due to the nature of the Star Wars Saga, there will be some overlap of non-movie items in the movie forums and of movie-items in the non-movie forums.

Why this overlap has bothered anyone to the extent it does is beyond me. It's easy really...
    1. movie discussions - movie forums
    2. EU discussions - EU forums
    Therefore...
    3. EU-related movie discussions are still movie discussions and belong in the movie forums.
    4. movie-related EU discussions are still EU discussions and belong in the EU forums.

That's always seemed rather elementary to me.

I don't think there needs to be an entirely new forum to cover the 0.1% of threads which are multi-universal in nature covering both EU and movies equally.

6. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Great Update guys! Thanks! :D

7. Red_Oktobur

Red_Oktobur Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 7, 2001
  8. DUSHONI

DUSHONI Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2001
    Darth Dark Helmet: I think that Preacher Boy was behind this.

[face_laugh] ROTFLMAO!!

9. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

SW3TheHolidaySpecial Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    The AOTC board is a mess and IS a priority I agree but the episode 3 spoilers board is also insane.

I can't PM a mod about every other thread in there and it seems that it is rarely moderated?Am I the only one that cares about this issue?Coz if I am,I need to shut up.

But it seems very off topic and disorganized in there.

10. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    "so look for the newest Mod(s) to be really peppy go-get-?em kind of guys (or gals). "

**Gets image of mods with a fettish for PINK **

[face_shocked] [face_agony] The horror!

11. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    We're here to moderate. Let's moderate. If we're having problems staying on top of things, let's bring aboard new mods, not make the AOTC forum a constrictive discussion forum.

Sounds good to me! I've noticed that sometimes late at night (2-4 AM EST), redundant topics start popping up, and it usually takes a while for them to be locked. Thankfully, when I wake up the next morning, someone has taken care of them.

Keep up the great work.

12. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Embarrased to say that this is the first update I've read. [face_blush] I'm very impressed with all of your hard work and appreciate being able to see what you are working on with the forums.

Thanks! :D

13. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "We're here to moderate. Let's moderate. If we're having problems staying on top of things, let's bring aboard new mods, not make the AOTC forum a constrictive discussion forum."

Does anyone else think this should have been followed by a montage, set to some 80s music, of all the mods locking threads and banning some people. That would have been cool.

Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.