main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Monday Mush Mania Discussion Thread and Index - Important Post (19th Feb 2014)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Monday_Mush_Mania, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Oh yay! I love the challenge. Will definitely have to write for it....get back in the swing of things. I'm so rusty!

As for the discussion, personally I'm not a big fan of polygamous relationships...but that's just me. I've read a couple fics where it was...interesting, but it's really not something I would ever want to be involved in myself, so I find it hard to write/read about it. However, I really like (though this is slightly different) I love the tension that's created when there's potentially "someone else" ... ginchy's "Green Eyed and Territorial" comes to mind.

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great challenge idea!

Yes, I do think there is potential for some mush. I do not think that level of mush is as high as a monogamous relationship. I've yet to hear or read about a real situation that worked out where each person got the amount of attention, love, etc. they needed or desired.

3. LandingGirl05

LandingGirl05 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    With that kind of a relationship in a story, there's potential for both mush (and lots of it) and angst. There's some fics out there that explore poly relationships as seen by a forth person not involved in said relationship... *wince* It turned into "stop this... travesty... or I'll never speak to you again." (Which was perfectly in character for Xander.)

Only thing here is working around board rules for such a story.

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm going to be traveling on the next mush Monday, so I don't think I'll be able to make it?

Really, I think that Jedi have terrific potential for this kind of mush. They're not supposed to have attachments, so a possessive pairing is out (unless you break rules like Anakin). So, Jedi wouldn't have a problem with a group. As long as there were no attachments. Mush does not have to have attachments.

Who did Scout recognize? I didn't see a lot of the later Elquest series because I moved to a place where there wasn't a comic book store that I could get to and they weren't taking subscriptions for awhile.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    That's why the discussion will go to the Same Sex Relationships thread where we can discuss the rules a bit better and be a bit more explicit about the relationships as it is marked 'adult content'. :)

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I know a certain Jedi OC who would be up for a threesome.

Scout recognized Tyleet, the daughter of Redlance and Nightfall. If you're interested in reading it, you can read all the Elfquest comics for free at Elfquest.com.

Truthfully, I don't see why it would be any more difficult to write stories with non-monogamous relationships within TOS rules than for monogamous relationships. I mean, really, the rules don't say anything about polygamy being taboo, and as long as you aren't graphic, it shouldn't be a problem.

7. LandingGirl05

LandingGirl05 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 6, 2005
    It wouldn't be THAT difficult... there's a POV to work with and that can be everything.

And yes. I'll be getting out of the sock now.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's not that non-monogamous relationships aren't allowed it's just that there'll be some sort of same sex relationship element, and as this thread is for mush I thought it'd be better to discuss the rules and rule bending in the SSR thread, that's all.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    My mush story is almost finished (will be a longer story with some chapters dealing after the 'I have a child' part) And with clones in the parallel story that can be really interesting.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Is it me or does the next MMM seem like a long way away? Everything seems like a long way away though, not just this. Maybe I'm going crazy. Maybe it's because time has slowed down. Maybe it's because I don't actually do anything all day except maybe play GT4. Still, I'm looking forward to the mush, which is always good. If I could get my brain working I'd trying and come up with something. [face_thinking]

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    It seems a long way away to me, too. So, you're not crazy... at least on this account... I can't vouch for other areas. [face_mischief]

I may just write a second mush story as long as I'm waiting for MMM to roll around.

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    It does seem like it's far away.

I'm about halfway done with mine, and then I need to find a beta for it.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Y'know, I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of fics nominated for awards, particularly the romance award. MMM generates so much mush and romance that I would have expected there to be a lot of nominees coming from here. With the Before nominations closing soon it would be a good idea to look back through and then nominate some fics.

Edit: and there have been several NSWFF fics too, so don't forget to nominate those over on the NSWFF board.

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Before close Sunday. Hopefully some more noms will be sent by then.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It's monday and here is my MMM

For the proverbs challenge; I got 25 Let your conscience be your guide.

And it inspired me to write this story that's also for the MMM challenge

Conscience

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
  17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  18. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
  19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
  20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who wrote something. I kind of forgot and spent all day asleep yesterday so I couldn't get anything done. :oops:

I'll add everything to the index tomorrow afternoon my time. I'll be waiting for a package to arrive so I'll do it as soon it does. :)

Right, time to think of another challenge and discussion topic. [face_thinking]

21. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    The index has been updated and now contains all the entries from this Monday. :)

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    If we have an idea, should it be PM'd to the sock or put in the thread?

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    PM it to the sock. :)

24. Monday_Mush_Mania

Monday_Mush_Mania Jedi Master star 1

Jun 9, 2007
    *ginchy sneaks into the thread to post a challenge while MM is busy.*

The next MMM will be on Monday, September 13, 2010. This MMM will be a bit different, a bit heavier. It's about loss. Everyone loses someone they love, it's a fact of life and of loving. Write a vignette exploring the impact of the loss of a loved one on a character. Remember, you do not have to participate in the challenge in order to participate in MMM. General mush fics are always accepted as a part of MMM.

Be thoughtful and creative and we can't wait to see what you come up with!

FelsGoddess, feel free to PM the sock (there might be a bit of a time delay in replies) or post here in the thread if you'd like. :) Wait--MM beat me to the punch. LOL

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    This challenge will be a great writing exercise. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.