main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Movies . . .

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Aug 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Anyone seen any good one's lately?

A saw A Knight's Tale on Friday. Haven't seen Planet of the Apes yet, so I don't know what that's like. Jurrassic Park 3 is out on Wednesday.

2. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i saw blow, it was ok, nothing special though

3. -KG-

-KG- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2001
    Planet of the apes was ok at the start, but started to get corny mid way through.. and finished with a totally predictable and sucky ending leaving it open for GASP! a sequel... and it very loosely followed the original :\

the makeup was pretty good.. but the whole story was full of holes (don?t want to give the story away for those of u that haven?t seen it)

so yah wait till it comes out on dvd.. Proably not worth the $12.

4. oy636

oy636 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Saw shrek, final fanstay and planet of the apes.
    Sherk was good, one of those ones that you laugh out loud. The other two worth seeing. If you do go and see ff see it at the movies

5. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Shrek was the last decent movie I saw. Totally loved it. Not interested in Planet of the Apes or final fantasy.

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I was put off watching final fantasy, because someone told me that you need to have played the games to understand the story.

Shrek was great, LOL.

What do you guys reckon was the funniest part? Here's a few of mine:

The part with the mirror. I loved it when the torturer dude grabbed the mirror and smashed it to frighten the other one. And there were some great lines which you had to listen carefully to pick up - "Snow White - she lives with seven men but she ain't easy!"

The spoof of disney's Snow White with the singing bird. I nearly died from laughing when the bird exploded. And then it focuses on the eggs, and you think the Princess is going to raise them, but no, next scene they are cooking them for breakfast!

and, of course, the spoof of the Matrix when the Princess beats up Robin Hood's merry men.

7. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Saw POTA last weekend. I thought it was pretty good.

People think the ending opens it up for a sequel. I beg to differ. For anyone that's seen it, think Twilight Zone. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it, but I don't think Tim Burton would intentionally leave the end of that movie "wide open" for a sequel.

Personally, I don't think there will be a sequel. If there is, TB won't be directing it IMHO.

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    edit: I had a question about the end of POTAs but I found out from imdb.

Someone told me the end a few days after it had come out. It's nearly impossible to remain unspoiled these days with the net.

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I liked the ginger bread man and the wrestling scene aswell.
    Thought Eddie Murphy was great as the Donkey, it even looked like him.

10. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I havent been to the movies for ages but i rented battlefield earth last weekend I thought it was real cool John travolta is the most coolist evil rustafaren alien ever.

"I wont kill him but he will"

11. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I hated that movie to be honest. Thought it sucked big time. [face_plain]

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Battlefield Earth..well after avoiding it at all costs due to all the negative hype, I ended up seing it on cable whilst on holidays. I actually thought it was much better than given credit for. Travolta was pretty bad, but then it was hard to tell if the character was supposed to act like that. I kinda liked it.

13. -KG-

-KG- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2001
    Norrad_Roff

yep I know what you are getting at.. but if it makes enough money there will be a sequel.... example "There will never be another sequel to Alien/s because we killed Ripley off" and we know the end to that stroy :)

14. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yep, there's already rumors of a Battfield Earth 2 by Roger Christian and John Travolta, despite it being called hte worst movie ever.

The Shrek sequel is currently in the early planning stages.

While I'm on the topic of future movies, the next Star Trek movie is currently having problems with greedy actors wanting too much money.

And the death of Aaliyah in the weekend's plane crash may mean problems for Matrix 2 and Matrix 3 movies - evidently she had already completed 80% of her scenes for Matrix 2.

I don't bother going to the cinema at all, except of course for the Star Wars movies. I just watch them when they appear on TV (where I can control the volume!!) if they aren't going to finish at some rediculouly late time. The LAST movie I saw was Ghostbusters on Saturday (TV2) lunchtime, which is still reasonably good - I love that Marshmallow Man. :D

15. oy636

oy636 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Has any one seen evloution or swordfish?

16. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah seen both. Thought Evolution was ok, it had it's funny moments. Swordfish was pretty good as well. Good action splattered around the place but a few holes in the story. If you like action it would be worth a viewing.

17. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    -KG-

I agree with what you said 100%, but I don't think that Tim Burton will do a POTA 2.

As for Alien Resurrection, I think that movie compares to the other three the same way that EU compares to Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I liked Alien4, but the first three can stand alone as a trilogy without it.

BTW Shrek is a damn good flick! I'll probably buy it when it's available.

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i personally though evolution tried to hard in places..........

i really liked Final Fantasy, and i have never played the games, in fact i hate playstation games on principle, especially that type of game.......

19. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    The last movie I watched was Jurassic Park III and all I can say is Urrghhhh!!!
    Satelite phone ringing inside the belly of the Spinosauraus guy. Its digestive system must be damn weak or the phone must have damn good quality. Now, what's the brand of the phone?

20. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I am going to see Jurassic Park III tomorrow night
    but thought shrek was great funniest movie i have seen in ages
    great laughs

21. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I think I can wait until JP3 comes onto TV, not overly fussed about that one.

22. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    I agree SWNZ. Although I might rent the JP3 vid when it comes out. I don't go to the flicks willy-nilly, I sort of pick out the one's I'd like to see on the BIG screen and wait for the rest to come out on VHS.

The movies I want to see next on the big screen are Harry Potter (mainly coz I've read the books), LOTR, Star Trek X (when it comes out) and of course, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I guess I just love the whole movie experience, getting together a bunch of mates, getting popcorn, choosing the seats, and getting told to shut up by the people in front of you :D

24. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Whats the choosing seat KITT you are lucky

it is all the allocation now

what happened to the good old first in best dressed approach

25. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Well, I've just received my two free Hoyts vouchers thanks to the VISA rewards programme, so I'm all set for Episode II (twice). :)

Since they're about to put the "prices" up, I thought I'd better cash in most of my points first. I also got some petrol vouchers, so that's "free" petrol for about three months too.

The movie vouchers come with ice-cream vouchers, so I've now got two Choc Top ice-cream vouchers for sale (expire 30 Aug, 2002) - only $250 each to SWNZ members. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.