main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mrs. Slocombe is Free - Mollie Sugden Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BBC News

Actress Mollie Sugden has died at the age of 86, her agent has said.

The TV star, best known for playing Mrs Slocombe in long-running BBC sitcom Are You Being Served?, died at the Royal Surrey Hospital after a long illness.

I loved Are You Being Served. I first saw it in the US as one of the local PBS (US BBC equivalent) stations ran a Britcom night on Friday nights. There aren't too many of the cast still alive now..

@};- RIP Mrs. Slocombe!

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    So has it come to this?

The forum has been reduced to a glorified obit-colum. Mollie Sugden?? I mean come on.

Think it might be time to wrap this thing up and move on.

There's little to no activity in the UK forum anymore and as much as it pains me to say it, maybe things would be better
    served if all the European forums were made into one. At least you might get some activity then.

Oh well, until episodes 7, 8 and 9 come out things are going to remain the same.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'll have you know Mrs Slocombe and her pussy have always been a hit in my house.[face_shame_on_you]

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    WG, I remember you having a right go at me for posting a Jensen Button joke (unknowingly) on the anniversary of Senna's passing and accusing me of not respecting his death. And now you use an obit thread to complain about the forum? Perhaps Mollie's passing has meaning for people here? If you have forum issues, then by all means raise them, but in the appropriate place :)

Back on topic, I was in the stage show of Are You Being Served a few years back. It was a great show, and a great series. Mrs Slocombe was an iconic figure in British sitcom history. 2 Deaths in the last year is quite quite sad.

@};-

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree to some degree with what welshguy means, frankly I'm suprised there hasn't been a topic about Michael Jackson who has been all over the news for weeks.

That being said, those who wish to mention and/or discuss the passing of Mollie Sugden are free to do so.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Actually, there's been a Jackson thread going over in the YJCC forum since it happened. I put the Mollie Sugden thread here since people in the UK would probably be more familiar with her.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I love it when someone points out that a certain thread hasn't been started, yet haven't started it themselves ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.