main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends My Jedi, My Brother, Myself.... AUTHOR NOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Durhelediel, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGaeliaWindstar

JediGaeliaWindstar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    wow... I almost started crying when Obi-wan passed out... I hope he lives!

2. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    "Master Han'yaie?tell Qui-Gon?not?to shut himself?away again. Rely on?friends?not himself?all the time. The Force?is his ally?"

A stab of fear threatened to overcome Han'yaie at the young Jedi's words. Making his tone light, he asked, "Why don't you tell Qui-Gon yourself later today? I'm sure he'll take those words better from you than from me."

Piercing blue eyes met and held his own brown ones. "No?lies between us?know I'm going to?die. Want Qui-Gon?to know?how much I?" Now it was the word that made him hesitate and not the fight for every breath. He sighed softly and finished, "?love him." Then he slipped into unconsciousness

:_| :_| :_| :_|

That was so touching and sad!

Another wonderful update, and I'm glad that this is familiar to the Healer, perhaps now they can find a way to cure the youth?

I can't wait to find out! :)

P.S. Honestly, I know Watson ended the J.A books, but you should definitely take over from there. :D
    You write great star wars fiction! [face_dancing]

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Han'yaie knows what it is, so now he can find a cure already, right?! But obviously it won't be that easy, waaahhh! :_| Agh, I think this story is going to give me a heart attack! Poor Obi-Wan! :_|
    Need more soon!! :eek:

4. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    As he had removed the plague's taints from cells and then moved on, the plague had swept behind him to reclaim and reinfect what he had just cleansed. He was just as ill as he had been before he sunk into the trance, and he knew now that in two days' time or less he was going to die.

Oh, oh! [face_worried]

Piercing blue eyes met and held his own brown ones. "No?lies between us?know I'm going to?die. Want Qui-Gon?to know?how much I?" Now it was the word that made him hesitate and not the fight for every breath. He sighed softly and finished, "?love him." Then he slipped into unconsciousness.

:eek: No, we can't lose Obi! :_| :_| :_|

Anya, come, we need to visit the scientists. I might have an idea as to
    what this is."

[face_dancing] He's gonna save Obi!..... He is, isn't he? [face_worried]

Absolutely love this! You have just the right touch!!! =D=

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I lurk a lot on this one, I apologize! But I really do love this story! You're doing a great job! =D=

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow ... what a moving chapter. So glad Han'yaie told Anya finally how much he cared for her -- and and you'd better not kill Obi-Wan! Or I'll let Qui-Gon come kill you next :p

7. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    You're not going to kill him. You're not going to kill him, are you??:mad:

Obi!!! :_| Oh, I loved it when he re-affirned what he felt for his Master... :(

Lovely updates. Now, be a dear and give us more... <wheedles>

:D

8. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh wow. Great work. Really, really touching. I hope they figure out what that plague is in time! [face_worried]

9. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~blinks~ Wow. I think you just blew me away.

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Obi be strong! :_| :_| Nice chapter. :)

11. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    JediGaelia- ::passes tissues:: hm, perhaps I should get another box...

Joinme- ::sighs:: From your lips to someone who works at Lucasfilm LTD's ears...as it is, just remember me at nomination/awards time, lol!

Bastet- No heart attacks, please. Breathe, breathe, hehe hooooo, hehe hoooo...

Star_Drifter- Absolutely love this! You have just the right touch!!!

::bows:: I do try to please.

Vader- Thanks! heehee, Glad you delurked again. :)

Layren- ::dies laughing:: I thought you didn't like Obi???

Princess_Arulmozhi- Wasn't that sweet? I must admit I sniffed as I wrote it...

Jennifer_Lyn- Hm, I suppose you'll just have to read more to find out. ;)

Seven- Welcome! And thanks so much for the compliment! I hope you still have that opinion when you finish reading it, heehee.

LilQui-Gon- Ty ty!

12. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Eight

"No, I need to access all of Master Healer Yergith Waen's files," Han'yaie informed the padawan who answered his call to the Jedi Archives. "I know that all Healer files are kept and I need some vital information from one of his cases."

The Ithorian padawan looked uncertain. "Maybe you should call back when my master has returned, sir. I don't know if you have proper access to those files, and she would."

Han'yaie gave the male padawan his best glare. "I am a Master Healer, away from the Temple on extremely important business that will mean life and death for an entire planet, and you are worried about my proper access?"

The Ithorian lad's eyes swirled in their sockets, a sign of distress. "But, sir?"

"You will get me those files and send them to my datapad within the next few minutes or I will let the Council know of your insubordination when I return to Coruscant!" Han'yaie threatened, then shut the communication down.

Anya was staring at him, a mixture of mirth and amazement on her face.

"What?" he asked innocently. "We're in a terrible hurry; I can't afford to be nice."

She turned away and her shoulders shook with silent laughter, but she had composed herself by the time Qui-Gon, two scientists from Yanark, two scientists from Jyniaire, and Councilman Lensap had arrived.

"What is this all about?" The Councilman demanded as he rushed up to the gathered group in the entryway of the scientific facility. "I was in the middle of an important meeting?"

Han'yaie gave him a cool look. "Thank you for arriving so quickly at such short notice, Councilman Lensap. I am Jedi Master Healer Han'yaie, and this is my padawan, Anya Suray. I assume you know the rest of those of us here, but just in case you do not, these two gentlemen from Yanark are Level Three Scientist Bestarn and Level Two Scientist Karnath. From Jyniaire we have Level Seven Scientist Horashu and Level Seven Scientist Lutat. Of course you know Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and I would introduce his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, again, but he seems to be dying of an unidentified plague that you unleashed onto this planet." A raised eyebrow and a pointed silence after his words reminded everyone in the group why they were there and what was at stake?also, who was to blame.

"Now," Han'yaie continued, ignoring Qui-Gon's amused glance, "I think I finally have a stepping stone to discovering our mysterious 'friend' here. I remembered that as a padawan I helped my master catalog and treat a new plague that developed on a small settler planet. This plague was very much like the one here: four days to kill its victims, targeting the younger generation, swift and deadly. There was one major difference to this plague, though: it was only spread through water consumption. Surviving on a small planet that was hard to make a living on, of course the settlers shared one drinking plant and thus all the children were in turn affected. Some young adults also became sick. The oldest to contract the disease was?twenty-four, I believe."

Councilman Lensap, unnerved by Han'yaie's blatant accusation of his guilt in front of so many, broke in. "What has this to do with our planet?"

Qui-Gon, quick-witted as always, was already following Han'yaie's deductions and theory. It was he who turned to answer the Councilman. "I believe that Master Han'yaie suspects that you copied this plague for your own bioweapon. You told me that you engineered this plague: where did you get the idea? Had you heard of something like this before?"

"I?I?" At first it seemed as though the Councilman was going to try to deny he had anything to do with the constructing of the plague, but he finally gave in and met the gazes of the four scientists and three Jedi. "I was up late one night, trying to discover a way to end this war completely. My researches into absolute destruction landed me to a library base of a planet that never even received a name. When I read about the plague, I knew that if I could change it's struc

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooooh some interesting developments here ... poor Qui didn't react well at all to that did he?

Yay for Master Yoda!!! Glad the Senior Councilor is on the scene ;)

14. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    Yay an update, an update!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

*hugs Durhelediel so hard she nearly chokes*

[face_mischief]

This was great! The suspense especially..I love Han'yaie, he's so great. :D

And he gave Qui-Gon the message..that was so sad... :(

but Yoda's here!! [face_dancing]

I love your characterisation of Obi-Wan its very true to form. He would so totally accept his death and be thinking about his master not himself.... aww, I hope the kids start to get better soon, and the two planets have to work together..

:D Can't wait for more!! You must update soon...soon... [face_praying] [face_praying]

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Now I have to say, poor Qui-Gon! :_| How awful to hear his padawan's farewell from someone else. :( Though, it had better not be his farewell for good, or I'll...I'll... whaaaaahhh! :_| Ahh, must breathe!
    I'm glad Yoda is here, and hopefully they have some answers soon!! Hmm, I wonder how those scientists from Jyniaire reacted to finding out what Lensap was gonna do to their planet. Oops...
    Need more soon!! Pretty please? [face_batting]

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    just found this and I'm loving it so far! Poor Obi! Poor Qui!

17. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~runs around in circles screaming~ 8-} How could you leave us hanging like that!

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, More soon please?! You can't leave Obi on a death bed like that! ~growl growl~

More soon PLEASE!

Seven

18. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    "Master, I have great news! Master Yoda has just arrived!"

Yoda's old! He might remember what happened what happened on the other plagued planet!

Yay, there's still hope for Obi!

19. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    *waves* yes, I came, but I had to get through all of what you'd already posted before I replied. Not that I'm complaining, mind you... [face_mischief]
    Oh, Obi-Wan! My poor baby! And poor Qui-Gon, too, you can tell he's really hurt. :_|

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Unfortunately, the plague had multiplied itself at an alarming rate, jumping from one cell to another as a skimmer frog on Dagobah would hop from overgrown lily pad to lily pad.
    Great discription of the plague

Please hurry and find a cure I dont know how long Obi can last
    and now Yoda is here, hopefully he can slow the plague down

AND DONT YOU DARE KILL HIM! or I'll cry:_|

Brilliant story=D=

21. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Yoda is in the building ya'll! Woo-Hoo!!! [face_dancing] Can he be the one to save Obi? [face_praying]

22. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Layren- Yep, poor Qui! And Yoda can make any situation seem to have hope. Good ol' Yoda. ::starts singing:: My Yo-da, Yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-Yoda!

Joinme- ::chokes and sputters:: Let...me...go... ::gets a breath and mutters something about 'overeager readers' as I adjust my tunic and lightsaber:: Anyways, I love writing Obi-Wan. He's so great. He's greater than chocolate cake... (Um, ignore that. No one but ppl at my college would get it. Layren might since she used to go there...)

Bastet- You'll find out how, um, pleased (?) they were to hear that soon.

snowbee-wan- Yay! You found me again! It's nice to see some of my older readers returning as well. I love readers! I love old readers, new readers, young readers, still-young readers (heehee).

Seven- Actually, I could give in to the dark side and just not post this next chapter...Hm, wonder what would happen if I did that... ::honestly considers it:: Nah, I won't do that. I am a Jedi of the light and my Sith husband will not change me! lol

Darksaber- Yoda was busy training initiates at that time so he doesn't remember it like Han'yaie does. I'm telling you this because I won't explain that in the story, lol.

PadawanEstel- Of course he's hurt! His precious padawan is dying and he can't do a single thing to stop it. I'd be a wreck!

Gkilkenny- Glad someone liked my description. [face_blush] I was starting to wonder if anyone had noticed the analogy, lol.

LilQui-Gon- Hm, can't tell or it'll ruin the surprise....

Keep reading!

23. Durhelediel

Mar 5, 2004
    Chapter Nine

The group found the little green Jedi Master perched quietly at the edge of Obi-Wan's sickbed, his eyes shut in concentration. All the Jedi remained quiet and watched. The only sound in the room was Obi-Wan's raspy breathing that threatened to crumple Qui-Gon's knees. Sometimes Obi-Wan's next breath was a pause longer to arrive than it should be, and on those moments Qui-Gon felt his own heart stop beating.

Approaching the pair at the end of the room, Qui-Gon found his eyes riveted to Obi-Wan. His precious padawan's body was now covered in angry red blisters that were filled with yellowish pus. Some had burst, leaving rivers in Obi-Wan's flesh similar to acid burns. A faint smell wafted to his nose, emitting from the blisters, and he recognized it as the slightly salty scent carried on Yanark's breezes.

Suddenly, Yoda's strong, croaky voice broke the still of the room. "Near his time is. What found you of this plague, Qui-Gon?"

Qui-Gon turned moist eyes to see Yoda gazing at him with sadness and curiosity. His brain nearly refused to move beyond Yoda's opening words, but then the rest of the Jedi Master's comment registered. "It's?something Master Han'yaie has seen before, Master Yoda," he answered softly, fearing to speak too loudly and wake his padawan to the pain he would feel from the blisters. "We are awaiting results from the Archives on what it is."

Han'yaie respectfully stepped forward. "I remembered seeing a similar occurrence as a padawan, but can't remember clearly how it was cured. I have a padawan researching through Master Waen's case files for what I require. I just need a little more time."

Yoda gave Han'yaie one of his looks that pierced through omitted words to unveil all truth. The Healer shifted uncomfortably, but stood resolute. With a small shake of his left ear, Yoda turned back to Obi-Wan and his words were as mournful as Qui-Gon's heart. "Little time, I fear, there is. Rapid the plague has become. Hungry. Live much longer, Obi-Wan will not. Hurry we must."

A tear slipped unnoticed down Qui-Gon's cheek. He had not told his padawan so many things? How he wanted to tell his padawan?

"Master Qui-Gon, wait here will you," Yoda resolved his inner conflict at wanting to stay with Obi-Wan and still not abandon the mission. "Greater things have you to do. Come with me Han'yaie and Padawan Surya will. Much to do have we."

~~~~

Anya followed the two old Jedi Masters at a respectful distance as they talked together, listening and gleaning knowledge of the years.

"Once we know what plague it was derived from, we can find a way to mutate the cure," her master was saying excitedly. There was a slight twitch to his right shoulder that she fondly recognized as his muscles tensing, ready for action, to do something instead of standing around, waiting for Obi-Wan, and the other children on this planet, to die.

Did her master really tell her how much he appreciated her? It seemed as if it had been a dream.

Now Master Yoda's thoughtful tone broke her thoughts. "Easy think you this will be?"

Han'yaie nodded emphatically. "Once that padawan finds the correct case?"

"Amused the Council is not of your words to the padawan, Master Healer," Yoda reprimanded gently. He gave a low chuckle. "Though understand your reasoning I do."

Anya's lips curved into a smile at the green Jedi's words. Yoda's amusement at original tactics Jedi use to move around the Council, and other Jedi, was legendary in the Temple. Only rarely did he ever directly oppose a Knight or Master who sought to do things in their own way. One such Master who frequently pushed the bounds of Yoda's patience was Qui-Gon Jinn.

The thought of the normally cheerful Jedi Master's face etched in grief beside Obi-Wan's deathbed sobered her instantly. She had never seen him so grave and utterly without joy before.

A beep startled her out of her persisting reverie. She saw Master Han'yaie swiftly bring his datapad to his face?and then beam in r

24. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    Great update!!

The suspense is just brilliant, and things are getting sadder... [face_worried]

A faint smell wafted to his nose, emitting from the blisters, and he recognized it as the slightly salty scent carried on Yanark's breezes.

and you explained that salty smell! oh my!

I really love the Healer, he is being so nice.. I really hope the cure will work..

can't wait for more! [face_love] [:D]

25. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    WOW! Great post...it just gets better and better! Sure hope they find a cure that works!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.