main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Mystery" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tropical_Plumber, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I designed this thread with the intention of letting those of us who have seen the trailer discuss it without spoiling those who haven't yet. I know that Joey7F designed a thread with the same thing in mind, but that thread essentially became a countdown thread and is full of people asking about how to get the trailer rather than actual discussion about the trailer. So, if the mods want to lock this because it's redundant, I won't complain. However, I really think this thread could be useful, since most of the people posting in Joey7F's thread haven't seen the trailer yet.

Also, keep in mind that by *minor spoilers* I simply mean discussing the trailer images and dialogue. Let's keep actual spoilers out of this.

Anyway, here are some of my random thoughts about it...

-Great dialogue! Yea, there really isn't too much, but it already looks better than TPM's dialogue. The exchange between Obi-Wan and Anakin is vintage Star Wars!

-CG Yoda still looks great. All my fears have been vanquished.

-Looks like the space battles will be much better than what we saw in TPM.

-Obi-Wan slicing up an attacker in a bar... seems a bit familiar, doesn't it?

2. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    The trailer was great, all around. The thing that jumps out at me, this movie could be hilarious! I was laughing out loud. The best lines were Watto's "What do you know?!" and Obi-Wan's power coupling line, and of course, "Good job." Hilarious. That is classic SW humor. The action looked great, the story intruiging (although it doesn't reveal much.) They make some suggestions about what the plot might be about, but don't forget that the first teaser for TPM went with the Anakin Skywalker storyline, which actually took a backseat to the Naboo conflict. But whatever, it looks like it will be a great addition to the saga.

3. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes, the humor shown here is much more appropiate to Star Wars, looks like (hopefully) we can say goodbye to the Jar Jar farting jokes

4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    "So, if the mods want to lock this because it's redundant, I won't complain."

Here's something I'll do. I'll change the title to the other thread to something like "technical issues thread" and have this be the discussion thread.

5. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I agree the dialogue looks to be good.

What about the animal flying out of the water on the water planet (the name hasn't come out yet right?). Coruscant looks so awesome at night! A blade runnerish feel. I think the chase will be like the pod race.

I think the Obi-Wan Anakin relationship will be developed a lot.

It looks so action packed, I think TPM will look tame in comparison.

--Joey

6. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    > What about the animal flying out of the water on the water planet (the name hasn't come out yet right?).

One cool thing about that shot, is that if you look closely, there's some alien being "riding" it. Pretty neat, I'm sure there's a interesting story tidbit there.

This is a great trailer, another thing, there's a possibilty that there's a puppet Yoda in there. If you guys look at the Jedi Council chamber, that Yoda could very well be the puppet version. Not sure of course.

7. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Hey, SotS, thanks for keeping this around! :)

Anway, after watching this about 40 times, here are some things I've noticed:

-Palpatine is in the trailer. In the shot where Yoda, Padme, Mace and a few other are gathering in a room (shot 7, to be exact), a robe figure is by the window. And upon further inspection, this appears to be Palpy's office seen in one of the web docs over at the OS. Thus, I think thats our favorite Supreme Chancellor.

-When Anakin is being tied to the post at the end ("I decided to come back..."), Padme can be seen tied up in the background.

-Pit droids are back! They're right behind Watto.

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    this trailer is awesome.

the action is back,so is the humour.The Cg Yoda is great,awesome job!!

the only thing is it was alot shorter than i imagined it to be,i thought it was the 2 minute version being showed with harry Potter,but oh well

9. Borth

Borth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2001
    Awesome, awesome stuff! LOTR trailer go home!!!

It's been about 4 hours, and I still can't quite findthe words to describe it. I think I need a saliva transfusion. :)

10. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    AMAZING!!!!!!!

Wow, that was really really awesome! I just got my cable modem today, and this was an awesome present! Some things:

We see Count Dooku looking at Ob1 in those energy shackles. Obi-Wan is fighting Jango Fett in the rain. Some great stuff from the Coruscant Chase. Looks like someone (Anakin or Obi-Wan) jumps out of Padme's bedroom after a droid. Watto's line is great, some weird Dug-looking alien... in some place with a stadium... very odd. Padme and Obi-Wan are "tied" up by the hands or something. And Anakin looks like he gets the treatmeant of Force Lightning.. but I'm not sure.

Was it just me, or did the voicing sound a little out of sync?

11. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    ok i don't have a DVD-ROM so i now know like bits and pieces of it but i still wanna hear it from start to finish like all the diolouge and stuff... now i know it would be a lot of work but i would do it for u! thanx alot

12. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    I love this trailer.

I love Padme.

:D

13. Sithsayer

Sithsayer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2000
    It was so awesome, i finally saw it. The last line was the best it reminded of old star wars, as someone else said, and also sounded like something Indiana Jones would have said.

14. CG-Realms

CG-Realms Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Emperor_Dan: It was probably Quicktime. No problems with that here.

The tounge-in-cheek humor was great (although I don't see why there would be such huge power couplings there... what's the point?) The best was at the end, where Anakin is handcuffed by the weird Alien critter and Obi-Wan's hanging from that pole:
    ANAKIN: I'm here to save you!
    OBI-WAN (rolls eyes): Good Job!

For better or for worse, this is definitely more old school Star Wars.

15. Sithsayer

Sithsayer Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2000
    It was so awesome, i finally saw it. The last line was the best it reminded of old star wars, as someone else said, and also sounded like something Indiana Jones would have said.

16. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    I think Padme's line about hiding was a great nod to the Tone Poems of TPM.

17. Ternian

May 16, 2000
    Double post. [face_plain]

18. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I was looking at that Dug like alien.. and the head reminds me of the concept art of the Neimoidians... but the rest of it looks like a Dug

19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Can anyone else hear, "I am not a committee" in that line?

Definitely old-school Star Wars. I'm not sure how many have noticed it, but when Obi-Wan cuts down (or destroys the weapon) the person behind him at the bar, it looks like the people a little off to his right are Anakin and Padme, with their backs turned.

When I saw Anakin get hit with the lightning, I thought of Luke getting hit, and that climatic scene in ROTJ gains more power all the time.

There was a lot of the ESB feeling in this, from the dialogue to the humor to the action.

20. tanhauser

tanhauser Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2001
    Amazing!!

I just saw it, I had to watch the bootleg version (even though I DO own the DVD!) but even with that quality I had a blast!!

Simply amazing.

I agree with the other here, it DOES feel much more like the good ol' Star Wars that we all know and love. The one-liners, the fun of it all.

I swear that Anakin and Obi-Wan kept reminding me of Han and Luke.

The visuals are amazing, it has a much darker feeliing that TPM (which is great!) and it looks like the action sequences will simply kick butt.

Amazing, I can't wait.

Frank

21. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Loved the trailer... but still I want it on my hard drive! Have LFL and quicktime lost their senses!!??

:_|

22. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    You're right, I think, that Anakin and Luke resemble Han and Luke. I think the OT is going to get an infusion of meaning (like it doesn't have a lot already) with a lot of the things in ATOC and Episode III.

23. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Aaaaaarrrghhhh!!! I don't have a DVD-rom!!! :_|

24. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    see my point exactly there are alot of people who don't have the DVD-ROM PLEASE DESCIBE IT FOR US!! from the beggining what do you hear and see everything! oh gosh i cant handle my self from the joy!

25. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    It must be Obi-Wan that jumps through the window, because he's the one hanging onto something going through Coruscant in the Breathing trailer. So, I imagine we've seen the beginning of that scene when Obi-Wan jumps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.