main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Mystery" Trailer Discussion - Reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tropical_Plumber, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Kinda reminds me of that quote from Liam Neeson when he saw TPM for the first time:

"It's like being hungry for a very long time, and then someone brings in a tray with all of your favorite foods on it, but you just have time to grab the fries before it's all whisked away."

I completely agree! It is a rare fan indeed that wouldn't enjoy an extra 20 or 30 minutes of Star Wars, especcially if it prevents the story from seeming rushed. :)

2. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Patrick, Darth Mouth, THX-Princess, et al -- I totally agree with you. GL should expand the running time of the movie if he decides that that will advance the plot. He shouldn't be hemmed in by the fact that the other movies were about 132 minutes long and that he must stay consistent with his pattern. He can shoot for 140 or 150 minutes, if it will let the audience understand the course of events better and let us feast in the special effects wonders of AOTC.

I remember reading a news item on Episode II on TheForce.net where Ben Burtt says that GL is working with a rough-cut of about 150 minutes (2.5 hours is what the report said). Burtt said that GL will probably shoot for 130-132 minutes, as he usually does. If that report is true, I wonder how likely it is for Lucas to stay with 150 minutes if that's his working rough-cut now. You'd think that there's only one direction to go but down (chop, chop, chop) with the rough-cut of 2.5 hours six months before the film. I mean, if he was now working with a rough-cut of 3 hours, then it is more likely to expect he'd cut it down to 2.5 hours. But he's already working with 2.5 hours. On the other hand, GL did do some pick-up shots and reshoots. Maybe he'll add those. And even if he cuts down his 2.5 hour rough cut by ten minutes, the "extra" ten minutes (over the usual 2 hour and fifteen minute cut) could explain a great deal in the film or assist in the pacing.

3. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Perhaps when GL sees how well Harry Potter is going to do even with being 2 and a half hours long, he will decide not to edit too much out of the rough cut. :)

4. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Cool Banannananas!

Rated 8th best trailer of 2001. And mostly it'd looked like the others after it sucked.

So it's the bestest really. ;)

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Hmmm... just tried going back to dvd.starwars.com, using the DVD in the DVD-ROM drive with the InterActual player. All that's left seems to be an ad for selling the DVD. I can't seem to find the Mystery trailer, or anything else "exclusive."

6. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    I was wondering if they'd use the DVD website or merely the offical site, for the next trailer.

7. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    It'll be available for everyone on the OS.

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Just noticed something that I don't think has been mention in this thread.

Nothing big, but when Anakin is being shocked, you can see his bone structure.

9. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    :eek:

He has the worst luck doesn't he?

10. THX_Princess

Aug 26, 2001
    Oh my gosh, you're right! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.