main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Naming the Baltimore FF Chapter

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthSapient, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It looks as if we are moving closer to the possibility of recognition as an official chapter. In reality, it takes very little. The enjoyment of Star Wars is paramount and I believe that has been established as we have all joined this site. And hopefully we can begin rounding up some folks from our region. In the meantime, got any ideas for a name? Maybe something with Charm City, The Baltimore Jedi Council, or something along those lines.

2. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Actually, I kinda like Baltimore Jedi Council. Another possibility is the Charm City Jedi Academy.

3. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    How about the Baltimore Jedi Order?

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    It would be nice to get something that begins with "C" to go with Charm City. That way we could have a nice abbreviation with C³ (that's C cubed if the 3 is too small.) But there aren't many (if any) C organizations in Star Wars. Though, just using Baltimore isn't a problem, it could definitely work.

5. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000

C harm
    C ity
    C ouncil

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, Charm City Council works unless people want Star Wars more prominent in the name.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I know I'm not one of you guys but if your looking for something that goes along woth the C³ how about, the Cloud City Council.

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Cloud City Council sounds good as well. The primary reason you hear the mention of Charm City is because that is how Baltimore is referred to. It's the same as the Big Apple for New York. At any rate, we're still in the infancy and planning phases. I spoke with my boss (my wife) this weekend and it looks like it would be best to meet after Christmas. We're selling our home and having another built. And then you add Christmas into the mix and it becomes a little tough. I agree that White Marsh is a fine place to meet. The only contingency I have is that you do not dress up like Yoda or Vader 8-}.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Cloud City Council does work pretty well. Thanks Rox.

10. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I actually could go with Charm City Council, since that is who we are. Cloud City Council works, too, as a secondary. I love the idea of C3, though!

11. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I like the name C3, but we need to somehow extend it to C3PO. What about the Charm City Council Professional Order?

12. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000

C-3PO's Charm City Padawan Order?

That way we're C3PO, and C-3PO is part of our name too?

Other "C"'s in Star Wars:

Coruscant
    Chewbacca
    Calrissian
    Corellian

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I had originally thought of using Padawan Order. But I didn't want us to be an apprentice to any city. That's just my opinion, though. There are certainly other alternatives.

14. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    C-3PO's Charm City Pfanforce Order...

LOL!

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Phanforce Order. That sounds cool. It also goes with Phantom. I think the 3 c's and the PO is a lot (Charm City Council Phanforce Order). I think Charm City Phanforce Order sounds neat. But that's only C2PO. I think if we're gonna use C3PO, then we shouldn't use "council" because "order" already addresses that. I think the only reason for us to use "Council" and "Order" is if there was already a Charm City Council for something else and we were being specific. For example, "We're the Phanforce Order of the Charm City Council."

Though, we could do Charm City Council - Phanforce Organization. But that's C3-PO. I guess it depends on how strict we want to be. Honestly, I think they all sound awesome, I was just throwing some stuff out to consider. Great work!

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Another thing to consider in deciding a name is a domain name if we were to get one. Obviously addresses like c3po., c3., and ccc. something are taken. I just checked and c3-po is available. But, that doesn't really address the reference with C-3PO. Of course, our website address doesn't have to be the name of our chapter. It could just be baltimorefanforce or whatever. Though, this should probably be discussed in another topic after we decide on our name.

17. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    One note about the Domain names, I don't know that we will want a top-level name right away. If we want a site, we can go through Freeservers, who offer a single sub domain, so we could have something like c3po.itgo.com. There are 8 different sub-domains, and they make for a fairly short URL.

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd also like to add that we may be putting the cart before the horse. Right now, we only have a few folks in this thread that will go to a meeting. Perhaps we should try to see how the meeting goes and if we expect further meetings. If so, then we can try to drum up more support in the area and join TF.N. Seeing how little this thread receives activity, I believe a domain of its own will see even less.

19. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    Well said, Sapient. Let's worry about the business at hand before we think about expanding. Thought I do want to say that the traffic to this forum is on the increase, and I am sure glad for that!

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I had some other ideas about our name. Should we expand to all of Maryland instead of just Baltimore? Our name could be Maryland Fan Force or Fan Force Maryland. Also, we could have an image with the Maryland flag in the rebel insignia. Using Maryland might bring in a bigger crowd.

I had some other options for C3 thing. Instead of Council, we could use Chapter. Charm City Chapter, or Charm City Fanforce Chapter. Also, if we just used Baltimore in our name, like Fanforce Baltimore, we could use "charm" in a slogan or description. Imagine it: Fanforce Baltimore - "charming, to the last." Sorry if I'm going a little too far. Just some thoughts.

21. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    Once we have a meeting and a name, we should get a site together for recruiting purposes. It seems to me that once we become part of the FanForce in general TheForce.net will post meetings on their home page. I think we should try to nail down a scheduled time and place to meet so that we can be ready for next May. :)

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    We also want to start considering if we're all going to go to the same place to see Episode II. Once we get our meetings going, we can contact the theater we're interested in. It would be nice to arrange a certain theater to be our choice. That way we'll be familiar with each other.

23. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I wanna see Ep II with you guys! Can I join if I don't live in Baltimore?

24. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I think seeing the movie with fans from around the area would be a blast. Where exactly do you live? I don't live in Baltimore. In fact, I live in Harford County.

25. Luke_Starkiller

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't see why you can't join us. If we will be the closest FanForce to where you live, feel free to come along. We aren't limiting membership to people living in Baltimre (then most of us would be out). We are just utilizing Baltimore as 1) the central city in the state, 2)probobly the most recognized city, and 3) The forum was already named for it :) Feel free to come along if you live in Annapolis, Taneytown, Bethesda, Franklin, or anywhere else in Maryland!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.