main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.0%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

40.0%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.0%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

40.0%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.0%
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    39 foul shots? seriously? that is insane. stupidly so.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it was an effective strategy in the first half when he was 9-19 and it was taking the lakers out of any semblance of an offensive rhythm. the fact that he was able to go 16-20 in the second half is a pretty huge anomaly and i can't really blame an overmatched orlando team for trying something that they thought gave them a chance to win.

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    not saying it was a stupid strategy or anything, just that the numbers themselves are stupid.

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    We're watching the Grizz/Clippers game right now and I can tell it's going to be one of those nights were we're going to have to beat both the Clippers and the refs.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was not expecting the Sixers to somehow salvage their pit of a season by snapping the Heat's league dominance... but, I will say I am pleasantly surprised that they managed to give Miami such a workout.

6. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Man the refs are missing a ton of crap in this game. :mad:

7. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Grizzlies over the Clippers. Next game is against a red hot Denver team. We need that one as well.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    realgm has a poll: Should the Magic retire the number of Dwight Howard?

20.4% of people live in bizarro land

9. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    If only to purge their memory of him...

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...geles-lakers-indefinitely-severe-ankle-sprain

I had taped this game in faint hopes of watching it, since I was out at a birthday dinner last night in a restaurant plastered with television sets.... within 40 seconds of walking in, I couldn't help but notice the progress of the game. Quite an interesting experience to have half of our dinner table looking up at the television, then checking our phones in a rush for the latest real time updates on his ankle sprain, and then pondering what it means for the Lakers playoff chances.

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I hope Dwight is telling him to play through the pain.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    only one comment on that play. intentional my ***. sucks for lakers fans, but seriously?

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It may not be, but that doesn't really matter.

14. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Ya Kobe is out of control on this one. A foul ya but quit the pity talk and revenge talk.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

16. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls
    Bulls announced today that Mon's game vs. DEN is moving from CSN-plus to the main station. I'm sure fans can imagine a possible reason why.

Hmm...

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Denver to defeat Miami in the NBA finals this year. Inty to get a Nuggets tattoo afterwards

DarthTunick and xblackout like this.
  18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
  19. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I'm holding you to this.

DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Kobe gave it a try, went 0-4 from the field in the first quarter, and didn't play for the remainder of the game (though he did stay on the bench, and played the part of assistant coach for a lot of the game), but it didn't matter: the Lakers still managed a rather niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice road win in Indy, with Blake (18 points), Jamison (17 points), MWP (19 points), Nash (9 assists, 15 points) & Dwight (20 & 12 with 4 blocks) carrying the team (the team going 13-26 on 3-point shooting was also very impressive). The first quarter (19-16 in favor of Indiana) was one of the worst I'd seen in awhile, but the pace of the game picked up (even with the shot clock issues that plagued the end of the 1st half) after that. With the team locked in the 8th seed for now, and only 2 games behind Golden State (with 2 more games coming up against them before this season ends), it's a far cry from how things were back in December & January. Of course, while watching this game, I couldn't help but to think of the upcoming basketball Madness that will soon take over the country, since the NCAA is headquarted in Indianapolis. :p

[​IMG]

It's a great record for the Lakers to have, especially since the streak hasn't been matched in any pro sport in North America since 1972. The Heat (21 wins in a row now) are getting close...

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    76ers just finished the beatdown the Lakers began on the Pacers. "Best defense in the east"...? Tell that to our entire starting 5 having doubles. Jrue dropped 29. Great game.

Armen, that pic is solid. That was a great team. The greatness generates from the guy seated 3rd from the right whose Phila jersey I am currently wearing. Wilt is the only player whose number is retired for both our teams.

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    2 NBA observations for today:

1) Why aren't the Boston Celtics playing today? Shouldn't they be?

2) There better not be any green shoes worn by any Laker player tonight.

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm just glad there has been actual progress toward resolving it. as long as he doesn't just walk at the end of the season, this may have all been worth it. Including the surgery. We just finished off the TrailBlazers and it got me thinking that I now believe our team was dying in the standings due to not having a clue what their lineup was supposed to look like. As soon as it became clear that Bynum wasn't playing this season, all of a sudden we are a win-machine. Minimal 30 assists per game, all 5 starters in doubles each game. I really think they may have been dragging their feet, thinking that they just needed to stall until Bynum got in, and then, 2 weeks ago just said screw it and decided to form a lineup without him. The only game we have lost in the last 5 was against the Heat... and we honestly almost beat them. 98-94 against Miami isn't terrible, considering the Heat's current streak.

25. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Heat win again 105 - 103. Pretty impressive comeback.