main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Darth_Garak, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    So I'm interested in starting a SW campaign(have been playing and DMing D&D for seven years now) but I've noticed there are a lot of books out there (with the Saga edition looking like it's separate from what came before but I'm not clear on what the differences are). Now I want to make life easier for my players and I know how much time they can spend on choosing their race - the Ultimate Alien Anthology looks capable of giving them enough races in one book but it's not Saga Edition, will there be compatibility problems if I allow them to choose their race from there? Same question applies to the Arms and Equipment Guide.

Also, I'm guessing that for fluff purposes the WEG books are still good (Cracken's Rebel Field Guide looks very interesting). The campaign will have the players start as an independent rebel group and what they do from that point on depends on them.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Or just get the WEG books and stick to the old system. And the books are mostly cheap on ebay! Don't know about the conversion game mechanics, but WotC did keep most of the flavor text the same when they picked up the equipment. And yes, Cracken's Rebel Field Guide is one of the top 5 best books, regardless of campaign flavor.

3. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    Aren't the WEG ones with d6? After seven years of the D20 system, it would be a pain to change it.

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yeah, they are d6. But like you said, they're good for flavour. I have the equipment list as there are some things not in the Saga books that are on there and a lot of details are still useful.

WEG is the father of the EU, don't ignore it!

5. Darth_Garak

Jul 28, 2005
    I won't ignore the WEG stuff, don't worry about that. I got my hands on the Imperial Sourcebook, the Rebel Sourcebook, Craken's Rebel Field Guide, Craken's Rebel Operatives, Rules of Engagement- Rebel Specforces and Hideouts and Strongholds. Even if I won't use the rules, I'll be using these books heavily.

Can't wait for my players to run into a squad of stormies and discover that they aren't pushovers (unless you're Han Solo and Luke Skywalker).

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I've spent half an hour building NPC villains for the D6 game, only to have the players shoot him once and kill him in 2 seconds. And had generic troopers last 12 rounds of combat. D6 rules are brutal!
    Was really fun when a wookie with 9D of brawling missed the 6yo child with 2D of brawling parry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.